no more im done now

Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kia

no more im done now

well sat nite well i shall try to do this in short way as dont want to give this drama anymore time in my life.I travelled there in snow and ice got stuck at station and was maniuplated into lending money for beer which was one of my boundaries but was far too tired to fight over it so gave in

What went on then was like something off a tv programme i was accused of having a 3 some with 2 women when visiting a female neighbour and well i found this to be very amusing as had a small cocktail myself at said neighbour and to be honest thought it was a joke even added we had the whips out and i had my habit on well sober folk at my age find this amusing as when young u wanna do it but cant and at my age u joke about it cos u can no longer manage it.I actually intially couldnt work out why he wasnt laughing too i soon sobered up fairly fast when i relised he wasnt laughing and was actually serious so i sat beside him and tried to calm the situation down didnt work though he was livid .

So his neighbour invited me back to her place for a bit to get away from the atmosphere but i thought id best go back for fear of been locked out went back in and thought right avoid an arguement and go to bed so i did he had invited young boys into the flat and they made me feel uncomfortable but i put case up against the door and got into bed he barged his way in and started going on about the cat (who was mine given to me by neighbour and very much a sore point as she hadnt trusted him with her) and then i kept telling him to leave me alone he wouldnt listen kept saying no want to talk to u and i kept repeating i wouldnt as i was tired and wanted to sleep it was mid night and had been travelling 6 hours to get there.

This prob went on for about 5-10 mins felt longer and when i kept refusing and the panic was raising as he wouldnt go he theatened me with phoning the police and well short version he did phone them on me for not speaking to him dunno what he told them to make them come out on sat nite.

Then thought id best get up and go get neighbour who was prob asleep by now so knocked for her in nite shirt whilst trying to ensure he didnt try to lock me out as all i had on was nite shirt and it was below zero that nite .He heard me doing this tried to block my way but pushed my way back in by which time she opened her door and i proceeded to get my case and drag it across but couldnt carry all stuff so went to go back to get my clothes and phone and stereo and he shut and locked me out in just a nite shirt and fleece

Then police came and i got a high alert warning even though all i had done was refuse to speak to him oh and earlier the boys he had brought round i went through to living room and said to them think u should leave as hes called the police they didnt do so i left the room

So there u go thats it really abuse emotional and verbal right there in full glory and since then i came back home in shock that he would do that.Missed my al anon meeting last nite as thought it was tonite and i really needed their support as im feeling half of me wants to do that crazy thing abuse victims do and i read about and thats run back to him even though i know this is crazy as how or why would i want to do that its as nutty as he obviously is now is this what happens is this how abuse feels u feel u should go back that i did something to make this happen that i did something wrong even though i know deep down i didnt do a thing why does it feel like i did

One thing i did do was put the question on fb is what he did wrong and described what happened and he answered and showed himself up for what he is looked like complete nut case will remove him now as its done its job and now i need to live some sort of normal life with no drama in it i gave it my best shot and it hasnt worked its time i let go should never have given it another go but well wont be the first to think i can make it work and failed

hopefully the counselling will also help me sort my head out cos its all out of sync so much so i cant think straight as my post shows its all over the place
Old 12-08-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you had to go back for more to prove to yourself he is a mentally sick person.
All this sickness has made you sick. You do realize this right?

I never tell anyone here what to do, but will say this, it's not wise to air your dirty laundry on a place like FB. It just keeps the drama going.
When is it enough for you?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah I agree with SummerPeach, stuff like the facebook thing just drags things on, lets him know you're still plugging into his drama, wanting his attention.

Sorry you had to go through all that stuff Kia. Imagine if you had of moved into his and weren't just visiting? He could have locked you out any time he wanted too. He would have total control because it would be his flat.

The threesome/lesbian thing was probably just his attempt at controlling you. He didn't like the neighbour so comes up with a reason why you shouldn't speak to her and there's you under control again.

Sounds like he did you a favour by locking you out, didn't sound like a safe and cosy environment.

Until you actually believe that you're worth more the chances are you will keep going back to him. What is it about you that makes you think he is the best you can get? Why do you feel the need to have someone in your life who treats you so bad, why isn't being single a more attractive option than being with an abuser? Just some questions for you to think about, you don't need to answer them.

Try and remember all the horrible things he has done to you. Over time we forget the bad stuff and sugar coat it, just remembering when they were nice. The sad truth is the nice times were probably them just being manipulative to get us in line again. Write a big list of all the horrible things he's done and said to you and stick it on your fridge, whenever you feel the urge to contact him, read the list. It helps.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I hope you're really done now, kia!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
kia

yep i am your right about the sugar coating thing but im just going round and round and its endless just when i think it cant get worse it does this morning though the tears came first time since sat ive cried cos ive not let the tears come have just felt so angry then the tears came do u think the with drawl will be not as bad this time as i dont think i went back to him 100 per cent suppose i was waiting for it to go wrong really and as for fb yeh maybe so time to calm that down but on there its only really good friends and family but yes get your point feeds it although wasnt me doing most of the posts really.

I do think its wise looking in on a situation when your not in it no so easy when u are and i did think it would work this time so i was wrong well i tried now its my turn
Old 12-08-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It wasn't that long ago that he moved another girl in and phoned the police on her and made up all kinds of stories. Now he did it to you.

I hope the counseling helps you sort it out.
Since he won't change any of this, that means you have to be the one to do it, for your own sake.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that you went through all of that, Kia.
Sending you hugs.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kia

yep i am your right about the sugar coating thing but im just going round and round and its endless just when i think it cant get worse it does this morning though the tears came first time since sat ive cried cos ive not let the tears come have just felt so angry then the tears came do u think the with drawl will be not as bad this time as i dont think i went back to him 100 per cent suppose i was waiting for it to go wrong really and as for fb yeh maybe so time to calm that down but on there its only really good friends and family but yes get your point feeds it although wasnt me doing most of the posts really.

I do think its wise looking in on a situation when your not in it no so easy when u are and i did think it would work this time so i was wrong well i tried now its my turn
Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Live View Post
It wasn't that long ago that he moved another girl in and phoned the police on her and made up all kinds of stories. Now he did it to you.

I hope the counseling helps you sort it out.
Since he won't change any of this, that means you have to be the one to do it, for your own sake.
yep thats so true occured to me too uses the police to sort his problems out and they arent there for that but yes i feel better im taking positive action have deleted him again off msn and cant put him back on this time as he has to agree it and im not doing that and off fb so now got no way to contact me except by phone and ive just felt myself relax for first time in along time wont be easy ride but no harder than one ive been having lately but u may well get some very down posts cos thats coming i reckon xx
Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rising from the Ashes

kia, you deserve so much more in your life! You need to learn how to like yourself because of who you are, and not because of what you can or cannot do.

Self respect is to have pride and knowledge of one's own worth, to value one's self. To have due respect for oneself, one's character, and one's conduct. The positive emotions such as self esteem, self confidence, and self respect are part of the whole sense of our self image. Those with self-respect are less prone to regret, blame, guilt, shame, and secretive behaviour. It is the cornerstone on which many other attributes are built such as honesty, confidence, and integrity.

The more you are around people who feel good about themselves, the more you can emulate this important truth. It is not about what you do but who you are. It is about feeling valued, just because you are an unique child of God! Making the right decision will confirm your self respect. Self respect is the benchmark upon which our values and morals are shaped. It is important to teach ourselves to be true to ourselves.

Respect is earned, not given. If we find it difficult to love and cherish ourselves, we find it hard to love and cherish others. It follows that if we have no self respect it is difficult to respect others. If we have low self esteem and little respect for ourselves it follows that our presence around others tends to be filled with a need for attention. We 'need' others to fill our emotional vacuum and then we blame them when they leave us feeling unfilled. Only we ourselves are able to fulfill our emotional needs. Others can only help us to feel good about ourselves.

"If I despised myself, it would be no compensation if everyone saluted me, and if I respect myself, it does not trouble me if others hold me lightly". Max Nordau

"If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you". Dostoyevsky
Old 12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kia, it sounds awful! Hope you keep reminders of his behavior with you when tempted to forget. I went through something similar and it was the last straw with me as well.

AH did leave (as it was my house), got sober and things started to go well and then bam! Drinking and drama and lack of respect... it just gets worse.

I hate remembering this part of our relationship but I am so glad i was strong enough to say it is enough of treating me poorly. (I too was upset that the police really did say I was the one in the wrong for trying to lock my husband out of the bedroom - what year is this?)

Hope you are somewhere safe and have support to look only forward to a much better life.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My therapist said something really good today, she said "Would you keep putting money it's a failing business or would you take that money and invest it elsewhere or on yourself"
Makes sense right?!
Anyone who atttempts to hurt you is bad business
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kia,
My ex smashed my windows - i went back with him.
He done it again 5 months later-i went bck to him.
He done it again 3 months later-i went back to him.
He hit me,forced me to have sex-i went back with him.
He called me for everything on facebook slept with someone else more or less the minute we broke up-i went back with him!
He hit me again and treated me like dirt and i still waited for him when he went to jail even though i knew that i was better without him and he got out and hit me again!! And then i got it,it was no longer safe for me or my family to stay in this relationship and you will too,i definetly believe that no contact is what saved me and still is,and i think that no contact with him would be better for you.

XX ghirl
Old 12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you keep picking the scab it's not gonna heal.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tally View Post

Try and remember all the horrible things he has done to you. Over time we forget the bad stuff and sugar coat it, just remembering when they were nice. The sad truth is the nice times were probably them just being manipulative to get us in line again. Write a big list of all the horrible things he's done and said to you and stick it on your fridge, whenever you feel the urge to contact him, read the list. It helps.

Excellent advice Tally! I'm going to follow it
Old 12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p View Post
"do u think the with drawl will be not as bad this time as i dont think i went back to him 100 per cent suppose i was waiting for it to go wrong"

I think any time we try to leave them it feels bad, no matter how horribly they hurt us, embarrass us, use us, or abuse us. Such is the nature of the beast. Just like them, we have to reach rock bottom before we will ever make a positive change in our lives. Is this your rock bottom? Is this what you've been waiting for? Or do you want to spend more time with him "waiting for it to go wrong"? It will hurt to let go, but aren't you worth it?
no i dont want to spend any more time waiting for it to go wrong again cos i know it will as theres more wrongs than rights these days the with drawl though i think will be easier as i dont think i gave 100 per cent this time i held something of me back maybe i knew i dunno its hurting yes and the urge to go back is strong but so far im ok im getting there deleted him off fb and msn although not blocked yet thats next big step and is coming as hes been sending drunk messages today which for most part have been deleted and not answered although some i couldnt help the best one for me was the "i will give u one more chance to put this right then were done " ermmmm well now let me think noooooooooooooooooooo ill pass on that one thanks cos tonite ive watched my fav soap on tv which was a special live episode and then have listened to my music and a conversation with a nice young man on the phone so all in all a lovely evening and no stress will do for me xx
Old 12-09-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Kassie2 View Post
Kia, it sounds awful! Hope you keep reminders of his behavior with you when tempted to forget. I went through something similar and it was the last straw with me as well.

AH did leave (as it was my house), got sober and things started to go well and then bam! Drinking and drama and lack of respect... it just gets worse.

I hate remembering this part of our relationship but I am so glad i was strong enough to say it is enough of treating me poorly. (I too was upset that the police really did say I was the one in the wrong for trying to lock my husband out of the bedroom - what year is this?)

Hope you are somewhere safe and have support to look only forward to a much better life.
omg u went through the same thing u see thought i was the only one and yes im in my own home that was at his flat and he dont live anywhere near here thank goodness thank u though for telling me im not the only one xxx
Old 12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Kia, I am horrified at his behavior. You seem like a genuinely nice person and u certainly dont deserve this. I am basically NC since May and my divorce was just final. I fought for my marriage like nothing else. He relapsed I took him back, he was working his program I had all this hope and he seemed to be better and then..He relapsed, I found out he had a girlfriend and he CUT ME OFF? Imagine that after promising me the world and his recovery. He would tell me he was in so much pain it felt like he was missing a limb and that he broke down crying in the bathroom at work every day. I felt so guilty and bad. Until I found out about the girlfriend. Blah Blah blah is all I hear from him.

It may be hard to get over him but all you can do is take it one day at a time. All the things you did so far are so good to start your NC! You may have some pity parties but you have alanon and us. For me it was always important to play the tape all the way thru. To be honest Kia, I became suicidal at one point it was that bad for me. I didnt think I could make it through but I did. And of course his girlfriend dumped him and he tried to come back.

Their behavior is so unpredicable. I remember when he cut me off I tried to go to his place to ask him if it was all true. He saw me and drove away and had his cousin call me and yell at me that I was stalking him. He was my husband for Christ sake and I couldnt even ask him face to face if it was true without being accused of stalking. Kia, they arent reasonable people.

I just wanted to point out that I was so happy when you mentioned earlier how abuse victims usually want to go back to their abuser and pretend things didnt happen and I want to thank you. First off how great you were able to see this?? Go Kia! Secondly, you helped me see this in something that just happened to me. I think some people hurt as a form of control. And I think that just happened to me. I didnt even realize it until I read your post.

You did good! Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Lulu
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
Kia, I am horrified at his behavior. You seem like a genuinely nice person and u certainly dont deserve this. I am basically NC since May and my divorce was just final. I fought for my marriage like nothing else. He relapsed I took him back, he was working his program I had all this hope and he seemed to be better and then..He relapsed, I found out he had a girlfriend and he CUT ME OFF? Imagine that after promising me the world and his recovery. He would tell me he was in so much pain it felt like he was missing a limb and that he broke down crying in the bathroom at work every day. I felt so guilty and bad. Until I found out about the girlfriend. Blah Blah blah is all I hear from him.

It may be hard to get over him but all you can do is take it one day at a time. All the things you did so far are so good to start your NC! You may have some pity parties but you have alanon and us. For me it was always important to play the tape all the way thru. To be honest Kia, I became suicidal at one point it was that bad for me. I didnt think I could make it through but I did. And of course his girlfriend dumped him and he tried to come back.

Their behavior is so unpredicable. I remember when he cut me off I tried to go to his place to ask him if it was all true. He saw me and drove away and had his cousin call me and yell at me that I was stalking him. He was my husband for Christ sake and I couldnt even ask him face to face if it was true without being accused of stalking. Kia, they arent reasonable people.

I just wanted to point out that I was so happy when you mentioned earlier how abuse victims usually want to go back to their abuser and pretend things didnt happen and I want to thank you. First off how great you were able to see this?? Go Kia! Secondly, you helped me see this in something that just happened to me. I think some people hurt as a form of control. And I think that just happened to me. I didnt even realize it until I read your post.

You did good! Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Lulu
wow now im truly very humbled and dont know what to say that something ive said has helped u is amazing im still in a very bad place cos theres still part of me longing to go back but its only a small part i dont think ill ever forget the fear i felt in the bedroom when i kept asking him to leave and he wouldnt go and the raising panick i felt when he wouldnt go no matter what i said that wont ever leave me i think that was when i hit the floor and that wanting to go back for more will go cos no way would i want to ever put myself in that situation again.

I will try to keep up the good work although it dont feel im getting anywhere atm but thank u so much for the words of encouragement means alot to me xxx
Old 12-10-2010, 04:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[B]Kia, when I was in an abusive relationship like yours (long ago) I had to fight and scratch and make all kinds of deals with myself to finally get out, and I thank God just about every day that I did. This little story, taped to my mirror and on my desk helped me a lot.... I hope it helps you, too.
=====================================
Life in 6 Chapters

I walk down the street...
there is a hole in the street.
I fall into the hole... but I do not know I am in it.
Finally I see the hole and try to get out.
It takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street..
the hole is still there... I see the hole.
I fall into the hole again.... but I recognize where I am,
and I want to be out of the hole.
It still takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street...
the hole is still there... I see the hole and
still fall into the hole again... it has become familiar..
But I have learned how to get out of the hole and..
Get out of the hole much quicker.

the hole is always going to be there in this street.
I see the hole..... and recognize it.. and think fondly of it..
but I think I don't want to be in the hole again.
But I walk directly toward the hole and fall in again.
I get out immediately.

the hole hasn't moved... I like the looks of the hole
Yet I remember I don't want to be in the hole...
I remember the feelings in the hole.. I veer away...
I walk around the hole and continue on my way.

I go for a walk.... I walk down a different street.

-- Unknown