SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   My ex just emailed about rehab (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/214398-my-ex-just-emailed-about-rehab.html)

goldengirl3 11-29-2010 06:06 PM

My ex just emailed about rehab

I had all my email accounts blocked from my ex and his phone from sending text to email...and his phone is blocked.

He just created a new email account and emailed me that he is considering "rehab and others."

What do you say to these kinds of things? I really believe it's just carrots in front of the face and BS.

But what if that person really is thinking that? What do you say? Or do you just ignore?

LaTeeDa 11-29-2010 06:15 PM

Words. That's all it is. Actions tell the truth. You don't have to respond. But if you feel you must, I would say something like "That's great. Let me know when you actually do it." And then let it go.

L

goldengirl3 11-29-2010 06:18 PM

Words. That's all it is.
That's what I figure.

suki44883 11-29-2010 06:47 PM

I'm considering a lot of things but that doesn't mean I'll actually do any of them. He's just trying to string you along...dangling the carrot, as you said. It's good that you are savvy enough to recognize it. Looks like you have another email address to block. ;)

goldengirl3 11-29-2010 06:48 PM

lotta effort on his part to tell you nothing more than he is CONSIDERING options........woo, now there's breaking news...hold on folks, he's THINKING!
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA. Oh you just made me laugh so hard.

goldengirl3 11-29-2010 06:49 PM

Looks like you have another email address to block.
LOL. Yup.

goldengirl3 11-29-2010 07:05 PM

It's good that you are savvy enough to recognize it.
I wouldnt' say I'm savvy. I've just known him for too long. lol.

suki44883 11-29-2010 07:07 PM

And that makes you savvy to his quacking. ;)

NYC_Chick 11-29-2010 07:53 PM

My xabf did this too! Until I started talking to him again, then allowed him to create tons and tons of chaos in my life, then finally hit my bottom two years ago. Run and don't stop. You will look back and be grateful!

Thumper 11-29-2010 08:12 PM

I chose to ignore them. That worked for me. I didn't block him because it was our only form of communication but I only responded to the necessary ones and ignored alllll the rest and there were plenty.

Phoenixthebird 11-29-2010 09:16 PM

Goldengirl,

It is easier to resist the bait than to struggle with the hook.

God loves me where I'm at, but He loves me too much to leave me there.

God doesn't close one door without opening a better one ......BUT...... we've got to get our fingers out of the closing door. The reason you're in pain is because you have your fingers in a door God is trying to close.

if it is meant to be...........I can't stop it
if it isn't god's will ............I can't make it happen

Don't buy into his cat-and-mouse games http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/5...e1r468x399.jpg

Buffalo66 11-30-2010 06:29 AM

yes, just wait. If he really does it, you will find out.
keep your no contact.
keep your serenity.
he may or may not do it.
and you do not have any control over that.

nodaybut2day 11-30-2010 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 (Post 2782796)
keep your serenity.

This. x 100.

This is YOUR serenity. No one else will give to you but you. So give yourself a nice gift, block the email and delete, then go have a nice latte/hot chocolate. Aaaaaah see? Much better ;)

hello-kitty 11-30-2010 11:20 AM

I had all my email accounts blocked from my ex and his phone from sending text to email...and his phone is blocked.

He just created a new email account and emailed me
Many might consider that considered harassment. If I was going to tell him anything it would be "If you ever email or attempt to contact me again, I will file a harrassment report with the police and I'll be sure to mention your drug activity. Consider yourself forewarned."

TakingCharge999 11-30-2010 11:30 AM

Whoa! I liked that better.
Perhaps he thinks about it and does it. What does it mean anyway? look at Lindsay Lohan... at least a one-year chip is what it takes for F&F to even *start* taking someone else's recovery seriously...

If you like magic tricks, rent a David copperfield DVD :)
Did you grab the chocolate?? or what was your special gift today?

Mine is: deep breathing.

dollydo 11-30-2010 05:22 PM

Quack, Quack and more Quack, Quack!