OW was fired

Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

OW was fired

I just found out my husbands affair partner was fired from the place where they both work. Where they met, where they carried out their affair, where I couldn't go for 5 months because it made me shake uncontrollably and act like an idiot. I've screamed at her in that store, been threatened by administrative folks to have me removed. It was possibly one of the darkest times of my life, and I've had plenty of those.

She transferred to a different location, on our same town, about 5 months after their affair started, when AH asked to come back home. So i haven't ahd to see her in his store, but he kept up with her after moving back home, until I caught him texting, "I miss you, you never left me" to her at 2am. I started moving out the next day.

The affair stopped for real last fall, when I finally left AH and stopped talking to him. According to him, and I believe him, after I left he was allowed to freely see her and spend time with her-outside of the honeymoon phase when the affair started, after everyone knew and I had outed them, when things were less spectacular. No secret, thrill-filled meetings. He apparently got a good look at her while sober and was horrified by what he saw.

Now he lives in shame from those choices. He's been apologizing lately for specific things in the past-things I told him about at the time that he blame shifted back onto me. Now, he says, he sees how he was treating me and can't believe what he did to me. I mean, he's said things to me like, "remember when you were upset because i said OW was good person? You were right. She slept with a married man and helped break up our family. She's not a good person, she was an opportunistic *****! I'm sorry i couldn't see it at the time."

This in and of itself has been bizarre. I know from a different website on about infidelity that this phase often comes after "the fog" lifts and the wayward person can finally see their actions and their results. But he's a freaking drunk! How is he having this introspection?

Regardless, my hatred for her is really truly unlike anything else. Even now, two and half years later, when she is no threat to me, when her true nature has been exposed and I never have to see her, even now to hear that she was fired makes me happy.

But this swelling within me is so dangerous. If I let myself, I could get to that dark place again. Find her parents house, easily. Go knock on their door and introduce myself as the woman whose marriage she broke up, the woman whose house she came into to **** my husband while I was gone with our kids. Just to hurt her. Just to see the look on their faces.

Please dont' lecture me about resentment or revenge. I know. I'm just confessing that I could get that low again if I let myself.

I've hated her for so long, it's hard to explain. Even though both of my sisters have had affairs with married men and yet I love them unconditionally, even though I can now see that she is a broken alcoholic-just like AH, even though it's been two and half years --I still hate this women. Letting go of the anger is painful. Like peeling my dead cold fingers off of a hacksaw used to cut off my own arm.

But I'll do it. I have my own life to fix, right? work on my financial plan. Clean the house. Be more consistently available to my kids, who have suffered the most from this madness.

Oh there it is. Oh yeah. That's the thing that'll give me the strength to let go of this.

I ignored my children long enough while obsessing about that ***** and my husband. Buh bye nasty *****. Buh bye...
Old 11-29-2010, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I hate her too Transform. Makes my blood boil.

Just don't forget how POWERFUL hatred is though. Don't let your hatred of her do what he would like it to do; don't make her the scapegoat. He is just as much responsible for the affair as she is. And as for his apologies and supposed introspection, remember the behavior.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't see him as all that healthy. He's shifted the blame onto her. He had as much a hand in the doings as she did. Yes he should apologize but he should do it and substitute himself in the sentence he described her. He's still behaving like a manipulator, he's had some fog lift but not the heavy toxic fog. Be very glad you are where you are in your life. He's still sick.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my opinion, unless your Ghandi and are elightened beyond belief, deception becomes part of your DNA!
How you feel, times that by 3 for me, My last 3 ex's did what your ex did.
And I can tell you, I still feel pain from the first one 10 yrs ago. My last ex SWORE on his life and kids (great dad he is) that he would NEVER do to me what my 2 ex's before him did and well, you all know the outcome. HE DID WHAT MY EX's DID!

I rarely, if EVER, feel hatred, but for the first time in my life, I have to say I do and I hate it because hatred takes away from my soul, my peace, my life and gives these demons power.
But it's really a hard thing to shake.
Unless one has been deceived to their core, they have NO idea how painful it can be
But there is hope, once you find true inner happiness, the pain turns to nothingness. But it takea a WHOLE boatload of work.
Ahhhhh the beauty of PSTD eh! ?

We are better than these decpetive sickos my friend. Better ALWAYs wins!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thank you L2L. As sick as it is, your hatred of her comforts me. Validates me. Makes me want to cry. Thank you.

thanks everyone. Thanks for letting me rant. Again. Oh there's Transform, ranting away again. What'll it be this time?

Meditation, I wasn't saying AH is a saint or all better or any better than her- and I have no idea where she is in all of this, except for when I spoke to her last and she told me she'd never done anything like this before-which was a lie because i met a bartender at her favorite bar who told me they call her The Wh*re at work because of all the married men she's slept with.

That makes me feel like vomiting.

No. AH was equally at fault for all of it. So much of it is wrapped up in his adolescent power struggle with me that I didn' even know about. Like I'm his mother and he's rebeling against me, it was like that for 15 years. Now that I no longer play mother or any of his games he's stuck with himself. Good. The difference between him being alone facing his demons and me being alone facing mine is that I honestly look at them, own them and change them. He's stuck on own right now because he's so freaking pickled.

that also makes me feel like vomiting.

I realized in the shower that he's paying dearly for his "fun." He's paying financially, by giving me pretty much half of his income voluntarily so his kids have a nice place to live, and paying emotionally because the regret he has now about his affair is sincere and consistent and he sees the role he played in destroying my love for him, which knew no bounds once upon a time.

Now my love for him is detached and distant. More parental in that I leave him to his own choices, consequences and HP who is far better suited to help him than I ever was or will be..

And Summer, yes this is probably a PTSD trigger, now that you mention it. Oh good. Better pull out my bag of tricks..
Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

You're welcome. The "OW" married into my family and what she did was WRONG. There are no two ways about it in my mind. The child that was affected is older now, and still affected.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG I hated those women! (XAABF had more than one)

Thinking about them still makes me feel ill.

But several years later...it also makes me sick when he says crummy things about them.

For every time he points the finger, he has the rest pointing back at him.

He is the one who played those games and even tho' I know he played those women too...yes, they knew we were a couple.

ick, ick and more ick. shudder.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

On Sat. for the first time I was able to get at the root of my anger - my father of course. I am angry about so many things - keep venting - I am no longer judging myself for feeling anger, want revenge, etc. so I won't judge you either-

I get how poisonus it is, but one has to walk that path. Otherwise we are just denying it and that serves no real purpose.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I do not understand this thinking at all.
This OW had zero relationship with you, you've never even met, and she certainly broke no vows with you.
If it hadn't have been her, it would have been someone else.
The only person this anger should be directed toward is your H.
He broke the vows, he lied (definitely to both of you to keep both in his life simultaneously), he sneaked around on you, he gaslighted, he disrespected you.
She doesn't know you. You don't know her. You have no relationship with her.
Is she a person of lower morality? Probably. But like I said earlier, she could have, and would have been easily replaced with someone else. Your H was looking to mess around, and she was the easiest available target.
I never understand this view, it imho appears to be misplaced anger that should be directed at the person who betrayed you.
And now he is casting stones at her? So the pot can call the kettle black? He should keep his mouth shut.
All the above is only my opinion. Obviously it differs from others opinion. No ill will meant to those. Just explaining another perspective, how it looked from my view, take what you like and leave the rest.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

whoa..there.

Transforms story goes back a bit.

besides that, yes, the woman did know she was with a married man and went into her home and into the marital bed of Transform and AH.
that is in today's post.

They are both equally responsible for what they did and the harm they caused.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Are you serious? She came into my house, she ****** my husband, knowing full well he was married and cheating.

I have plenty of anger towards him, then and now, I can't understand how you extrapolated that I don't. And his apologies and remorse are sincere by the way, its not up to you to judge that.

Actually, I'm not interested in how you got there. Lets not engage because as I stated I AM ******* PISSED and you don't need to understand it.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

No ill will meant to those. Just explaining another perspective, how it looked from my view, take what you like and leave the rest.
From my perspective you should read this
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am sorry if anything I said offended you, I certainly didn't mean to do that. My apologies! If I have appeared insensitive, please understand that was nowhere near my intention.
I suppose I look at it from the detached view that she could have been anyone. That she would have been replaced with somebody else if she wasn't available.
Is my viewpoint understandable?

I see that I did violate by not responding with only my personal experiences. My personal experience, with several OW in his past, was that it didn't matter which one, he was going to find one somewhere.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

My personal experience, with several OW in his past, was that it didn't matter which one, he was going to find one somewhere.
Now I can understand your point of view. The other way, not so much. Thank you. Sorry to go off, but as I stated, I'm triggered and angry. At her. And AH. In fact, I've started two emails to him and deleted them.

That was then, this is now.
I am no longer in that position, no longer in that space. I tried killing him with the car! I burnt his stuff in the backyard! I was crazy!

Nope, today I'm sitting at my kitchen table, with sun streaming in and a kitchen that needs to be cleaned, not beaten and betrayed by those two scumbags-forced to live down the street from them and at risk, every time I leave my house, seeing them holding hands and skipping in glorious joy down the street together.

Oh that's right. I even started DATING and yet love my life without a man.
I'm not that psycho, pathetic person I was two years ago. Nope.

I think I'll go take the dogs for a walk and do some deep breathing, possibly take some meds before I do something really stupid.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

To me cheating is a crime of opportunity, we think that we're not going to be caught and that we'll get away with it. Most of us who have done the cheating have our own personal feelings of inadequacy. That's why its not uncommon for cheater to be alcoholics and addicts like me. That's not to say that addictions are an excuse or the reason why we cheated, its just another way for us to escape our own personal dislike of ourselves. I didn't cheat on my wife to hurt her, or because I didn't love her or because I was tired of her. I was out flirting with other women to make myself feel better about myself; to know that I was still found attractive and desirable by the opposite sex. During the thick of my disease I had a warped and twisted mind and still do, but I'm working on it. My way of thinking was just not rational and my perception of reality was far from the truth. In my recovery I can see what my character defects are and what are my faults. I know the damage and wreckage I've caused in my marriage is irreversible and all I can do is learn from it. To make sure I change my ways to make sure I never do such an awful thing again. I myself have been cheated on and I know its a horrible feeling to go through. You feel less than the person your partner cheated on you with, as they are better than you or posses better qualities than you. Why I couldn't learn from that I don't know. The only thing that gives me solitude is a quote from pg.417 from the Big Book of alcoholics anonymous that reads like this "nothing, absolutely nothing in Gods world happens by accident". What I gather from this and my experiences is that had I not gone out and did what I did, had I never got caught, had my wife not left me I would have never gotten sober and I would have never gotten into recover. Had I not gotten sober and into recovery my kids would not have a father today because I would boozed and used myself into an early grave.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

my XAABF was going to cheat with whomever he liked the opportunity with.
I am glad he was cheating on me, in the sense he didn't rub it in my face openly.
He had other ways.
If I were in Transforms shoes at the time when this was going down, I am sure I would have found myself in jail.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

To me cheating is a crime of opportunity, we think that we're not going to be caught and that we'll get away with it. Most of us who have done the cheating have our own personal feelings of inadequacy. That's why its not uncommon for cheater to be alcoholics and addicts like me. That's not to say that addictions are an excuse or the reason why we cheated, its just another way for us to escape our own personal dislike of ourselves. I didn't cheat on my wife to hurt her, or because I didn't love her or because I was tired of her. I was out flirting with other women to make myself feel better about myself; to know that I was still found attractive and desirable by the opposite sex.

I know the damage and wreckage I've caused in my marriage is irreversible and all I can do is learn from it. To make sure I change my ways to make sure I never do such an awful thing again. I myself have been cheated on and I know its a horrible feeling to go through. You feel less than the person your partner cheated on you with, as they are better than you or posses better qualities than you. Why I couldn't learn from that I don't know.
Well this is what my AH tells me, but he's not sober. He's hit every one of these points as well, telling me it wastn' my fault, that he was blinded by wanting attention and she wasn't special, she just gave him attention. He's disgusted now by his actions and beating himself up with alcohol. He's screwed.

It helps just a little teensy bit for me to know he finally sees in some way the damage he's done, and admits she wasnt' "the love of his life," (He told me he needed her enmeshed in every part of her life and was introducing her to our kids, but I filed for divorce)
For the most part, I just want to throw up.

Going on that walk now. Thanks for watching Transform turn into a scary freak again..
Old 11-29-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

If I were in Transforms shoes at the time when this was going down, I am sure I would have found myself in jail.
Thank you Live, that's why I booked a flight to a tropical island for a month the day I found out. I knew it was best for everyone. Thank God my sister let me stay with her. I was out of my MIND crazy. I had 5 days there at home before leaving and I KNOW i would have been in jail had I not got on that plane.

I have always, ALWAYS been madly in love with that man. He is/was beautiful physically to me. It's disgusting that I stayed for so long.

Now, of course, he sees how much I loved him. That's the thing he keeps bringing up, asking me why on earth I stayed for so long. He talks about the way he treated me with this..disbelief. I don't know what's happening to him, as he's also massively drinking.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Transformie--I had a friend who walked in on his GF and some guy-in their house in their bed. He was so angry he told them both to get out of the house. He may have allowed them to grab their clothes. Then he took all his GF's clothes and tossed them on the front steps.

When someone walks into someone else's house and sleeps with their spouse in the marital bed-well I have a name for a person like that, be it male or female.

They were both in the wrong. I do not know how someone would not be angry. First XAH could not keep his naughtybits in his pants to save his life. I was always angry at the women and him too. I also had a smug sense of "hey honey what goes around comes around" when he did the same thing to them. Always wanted to call them up and ask them what it felt like and let them know that is what they did to me and perhaps next time they might keep their paws off someone married. But, had it not been one woman it would have been another. My first x was a male wh**e.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ooooh I have to respond to this.

Brokenheartfool -

My ex had an emotional affair with a woman at work. It was devastating. It had been going on when he was married.
I had always assumed they were just friends. But when he and I started dating, I witnessed her manipulaton, her sense
of entitlement, her carelessness for my feelings. I never would have guessed that she thought in that way.

To me, she appeared to know what she was doing. She just had no idea what she was putting the woman at home through and I'm sure she didn't care.

I sat her down on a "special" lunch one day. She leaned in and explained to me as though I was a child how she and my bf were just "really good friends who REALLY like to talk." And I explained to her how abusive my ex was to me behind closed doors and that the ego building and emotional cheating she was doing was making my misery worse than it already was. She had no clue what the real story was to a lot of things...she probably wasn't smart enough to even think about that.

I remember the look on her face. She had never even thought about anyone else's feelings. And even after that, I'm sure she went back to caring about herself...but at least for a moment I got the impression that she had a moment.

It doesn't matter if he would have done it with someone else...she was still a part of it. She had some levels of insight to her wrongs. She just didn't care. She crossed major boundaries, intruding into my life and treating me as though I was wrong to even want time with my bf. I cannot even imagine how my ex's ex-wife must have felt.

This b* has since moved on to another married man at the same office and now his one-year marriage is falling apart. And I'm going to guess she doesn't care about that either.

This has been at least two years ago and I am still angry.

My point is that these types do NOT care about what they do to others and I feel that we women have every right to be just as angry at them for the situation.