A watched pot...

Old 10-31-2003, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

A watched pot...

...will boil eventually. I feel a slow simmer coming on.

The Beav said he was still hungry after dinner (bring on that mother guilt thingy) and then he got on the phone and went to his room. Hold 'er up....that is still MY guest room! Meaning the Beav is...you got it...a guest! I wish he knew that.

Anyway, I digress. I tapped on the door, then opened it and told him there were leftovers in the fridge and he could warm them up. I stepped into the room and commented on the mess and please clean it up.

On the floor next to the bed was what appeared to be a beer can. I took three strides in that direction and bent down really low looking at it and then left the room. How is that for passive aggressive??

He got off the phone and followed me and I don't know if it is clarity or what, but he was actually dancing! Talking fast, making excuses, telling me he is not bad, he only had one beer. What's a guy to do...he has been locked up for months. Smoke and mirrors! And HE doesn't know it. He doesn't get that I have heard it all before. Bottom line is he doesn't know who the heck he is talking to.

I don't remember what I said...something about it being his life and he can do whatever he wants but not at this location.

I am not throwing his butt into the street, but even after I told him he had to make other arrangements he said he would start giving me money to hold so he can save for a place. He doesn't want to hear me.

So I am feeling a slow simmer. I am trying to watch the pot but I have a long and checkered history of boil overs...

Hugs,
JT
Old 10-31-2003, 05:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((JT))))))

Hugs coming your way! I know it's so hard to not say anything, but you did the right thing. You told him your boundaries and are sticking to them! Take it one day at a time, as hard as it is....I hope the pot stops boiling!!

Sped teach
Old 10-31-2003, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

(JT))

Ya want I should kick him in the shins?

In my humble opinion its YOUR house and he's the guest. If you haven't spelled that out for him (which Im sure you have) do it again. He knows you and your program and your boundaries AND your strength. He's just trying to work your mommy puppet strings to move you over THERE so you cant really see what he's doing over HERE. DUH. Do they honestly think we cant see thru the smoke and mirrors???

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.
That boy's room has turned to RUBBLE
I could go on with the poem, but must go to work.

Happy halloween, JT. Things will get better.

O59
Old 10-31-2003, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

That's the fun part Osier...I do see what he is trying to do. He thinks he is messing with someone he can still mess with.

Suprise!LOL!
JT
Old 10-31-2003, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, simmer down JT. Obviously Beav is only trying out his new Halloween costume on you. This year he's going as a box of rocks.

Hugs!
Smoke
Old 10-31-2003, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((JT))))))))))))

You are awesome

phoenix
Old 10-31-2003, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

He better not have gotten that costume from YOU!!

Honestly I don't think he is doing any of this on purpose or is even aware that his head is spinning so fast he can't remember the promise he made 5 minutes ago. I don't think he is working me. I think he is scrambling.

Up to this point there has been not one harsh word...but if he doesn't take the rocks out of his ears I will be forced to turn up the volume.

Hugs!
JT
Old 10-31-2003, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
believer

((((((((((JT)))))))))

Your strength is such an inspiration to me right now...Keep dropping those breadcrumbs for me!

Hugs,
JG
Old 10-31-2003, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

JT, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang tight.