Is life really 'what you make it'?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is life really 'what you make it'?

If it is I'm not sure where I went wrong recently!

Since my brother died I've just got on with things, bringing the kids up, work, brothers probate stuff, selling his house, life, I've even managed to get out a few times and have a life of my own!

But things just crop up don't they?

Like my cousin, who has been my solicitor for years, well, he just upped and dumped everyone in it by starting his own company behind his partners (in a work sense) back. This partner was the one who took him on right from University and gave him all his breaks! But still he couldn't come clean and just say 'look, I want to start up on my own'
His actions have left me and my mum right in the crap! (although I've arranged a meeting to try to sort things out on Wednesday)
My mum feels more 'in the crap' than I do as she helped to bring him up and he was kind of a second son to her. He's well of her Christmas card list this year though. I'm proud of her, she was making excuses for him right up until she saw his shiny new website for his new company the other day!

Also the Nutty Aunt, I'm not sure what she's up to, but I have a letter asking me to contact my solicitor as she has had a letter from her and we need to discuss it.

I'm so glad I found this place, it helps me deal with crap like this and helps me put it into perspective.

I'll sleep well tonight knowing that this too shall pass, and if it doesn't I'll just kick ass on the way to making it pass!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes life gives us lemons, and we've got to make lemonade!

I'm actually glad you posted about this because I was sitting here after dealing with my dad and my AD (in regards to Thanksgiving plans), and was getting all worked up!

My sponsor often reminds me that there are days that are a poop sandwich, and we just have to decide how much to bite off and chew!

I think I'll make lemonade instead! How about you?
Old 11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know how to make lemonade, but I think I'll google a recipe