SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I guess you have to be on here every day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/213826-i-guess-you-have-here-every-day.html)

outsidethecage 11-21-2010 12:36 AM

I guess you have to be on here every day

Otherwise no one replies to you. It's fine. I'm on my own anyway.

Dee74 11-21-2010 12:49 AM

Hi Outsidethecage

The forums always die down a little over the weekend - especially in 'off peak' periods.
You'll find a lot of support here - trust me :)

D

missphit 11-21-2010 03:13 AM

Hi Outside the cage. you have to be a little patient because of the time differences and the weekend. things get quiet here and it takes time for people to respond. We all have lives going on too, not to mention, for me, it takes time to think about how to reply to certain things. I know that people with more experience than me will have better guidance for you, eventually, but keep coming back and taking care of yourself. That is your most important job at hand!

Jadmack25 11-21-2010 03:17 AM

Posted my reply to your first thread posted here yesterday.

NoAlcoholToday 11-21-2010 03:20 AM

I am practically living on this site atm, outsidethecage. Without this site, and the support everyone has given me over the last couple of weeks, I'd certainly be drunk right now!

Honestly, this is the quietest I have seen it. Normally there is so much going on it is almost impossible to keep up with it all. You see.

Floss 11-21-2010 04:04 AM

Hi Outside..I shall look at your first thread. I haven't been on here much this weekend 'cause one of my daughters has a severe case of chicken pox...and if you live in the US, the time difference can play a role too. When you guys are awake, I'm asleep! lol... Sometimes it takes about 12 to 24 hours for me to get a reply to a post 'cause so much is going on.

Even though I joined last year, I've only been active on this forum the last few months and it's helped me so much in my recovery...stick around, you'll soon find the support... :)

Thumper 11-21-2010 07:11 AM

You are not on your own. :hug: People just need to wake up and get on their computers.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are always slower here as well. I think your OP is getting responses now that people are up and about.

Keep reading and posting. When I was here during a slow time but needed input I always read the stickies at the top - or searched old posts. There are other forums that have good things too.

Buffalo66 11-21-2010 07:16 AM

your original post has been responded to. takes a minute due to timezones, etc.

yorkiegirl 11-21-2010 08:14 AM

And even when people don't respond to your posts, read all th other posts. I get so much out of reading what others are going through & how other members offer their experience, strength & hope. Keep coming back!

johndelko408 11-21-2010 08:47 AM

You know I often feel all alone in this world too. Actually at this point while im typing this out I feel alone. But I have to constantly remind myself to get of my damn pity pot, that I'm never alone, God is always at my side. Even when I turned my back on God he never left my side.

embraced2000 11-21-2010 08:58 AM

i used to post and then feel panicked when no one responded. it's happened to all of us, i bet. i have been off the boards for well over a week because of an eye injury.

i went to sleep with contacts in, and when i took them out the next a.m., they were dried to my eyeball and i tore my cornea. and the other contact just disappeared. ??????

anyway, when i first came onto this forum, i was so dependant that i kept it on my screen at all times. as i worked around the house, i would glance over at the blue screen and feel so much comfort.

just keep posting.....you will get responses. i promise. this is a great place to be.

and remember, you are never alone with this forum. we have all been where you are at, or still where you are at......we are all kindred spirits.

much care and love going out to you
jeri