Is it possible to feel a 'spark' with a 'nice' man?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
Uh Floss, please find a way to never speak to him again.
This is scary.
Geez, if he is a middle aged, non descript white man, he fits the FBI profile for serial killers! (Yeah, I have morbid interests)

The weapons, alone, maybe no problem, some illegal, yeah a little more icky, drowning a cat for something to do, makes me wonder what he hasn't admitted to you.
And, he is trying to impress you. wow.

Hi Wicked. Apparantly the cat had been pissing on his stuff in the garage. I was shocked when he told me he killed it. He said it "wasn't a proud moment". All I kept thinking was 'this is what malignant sociopaths do...they usually start with torturing and killing animals'

Middle aged? yes
White man? Yes
Loves stuffing dead animals? Yes
Did not hand the illegal guns in during amnesty but decided to keep them? Yes

Scary... Yes
Old 11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Forgot...

Non-descript man? YES
I just remembered, he said when he was a kid, he grew up on a farm and he told me he made a dead baby chicken necklace. I didn't ask him how the babies died....

Okay, so how do I quietly remove myself out of this man's radar?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

okay, i must think on this floss.
i hope someone will come along soon with good advice on this.
cause, you need to slip off his radar for sure.
hmmmm
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Wicked and yes I do need to slip off his radar...maybe that's the reason I've kept hopin someone else takes over his attention because he seems almost desperate to me, waiting and hoping in the background....
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Bucyn,
Wow, thanks for sharing your amazing, almost horrific story about your second 'Mr Nice Guy' AH! He sounded hideous and his mother sounded worse! Praise the Lord you got away from him! And now, you're with someone who truly values you and treats you with the respect you deserve! Eew, and now I truly believe I'm being groomed by the 'nice man' That's exactly what my gut feeling says! Nothing really adds up...As TC said, there's something 'forced' about it. Scary, not to mention the FBI profiling....

I will wait for the right one without really waiting, work on my innards and give thanks I feel happy doing the work on myself!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well, you have already tried telling him you are not interested, then he ramped it up with the "honesty" thing.
Oh yeah, I know the gun thing is not allowed in Australia, not like here anyway.
Practically any fool can buy a gun here, automatic and everything.
I watched a prison show on the most notorious prison in Australia, and it seemed so lax,
(yeah, more of my morbid interest) compared to the super max we have here.
The aborogines were carving wood and cooking a kangaroo tail, cause it is part of their culture. Wow. knives and fire in the hands of inmates and no mayhem ensued.
hmmmm, maybe i should move to australia!
hows the dollar down there?

okay, i am rambling now.
be sure your radar is up now too. for any signs of creepiness.

Beth
Old 11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to agree with you Floss - sounds like this guy might not be so nice after all.

I know that there are people who don't have the attachment to animals I do, or the same moral or ethical code that I do, and I accept that....not every one else in the world is necessary a serial killer lol....but that generally means I don't get involved with those kind of folks cos likely as not it's not going to end well...for either of us, but especially for me.

I'm an Aussie too...and something about this guy, as you've described him, unsettles me.

Trust your gut. You have a right not to settle for second best or close enough...keep hanging out for Mr Right...not Mr Right Now, Floss

D
Old 11-17-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm an Aussie too...and something about this guy, as you've described him, unsettles me.
yes, unsettling.
being an american, and having morbid interests, i probably see a serial killer under every rock. except for the one that was right in front of me.
my ex was not a killer, but definitely unbalanced. for sure.

Beth
Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

When he commented on the abuse I've been exposed to by my ex, I said to him (because in his honesty blab, he told me he'd trapped a cat and deliberately drowned it in cold blood)
I think what you meant to name this thread to "Is it possible to have a spark with a piece of crap?"

The answer is no. Go with your gut.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Beth (Wicked),

Yes, he did ramp it up with the 'honesty' thing. And here you can have a license to carry a gun but not everyone has the right to bear arms. My God, it's a bit scary that just about anyone can buy a gun in the US.

Aussies are probably a little too easy going at times, and as a culture we can have a "she'll be right" mentality and a "no worries" mentality. I haven't seen the the prison show with the Kooris (aboriginals) carving wood and cooking kangaroo, but I have no doubt it happens. Being in Austalia has it's benefits. I live in a gorgeous part of the country, although we have high unemployment, alcohol and drug abuse in this town. The dollar is going pretty well. I just checked and we 0.9821 cents to the US dollar today.

Btw, I remember seeing one show on a supermax prison in the US. I was at my sister's and she has Austar (cable). It looked bloody scary and they had to segregate different nationalities/ cultures. Actually, I just remembered, they do that sometimes here too! In some of the high security prisons, they'll separate the asians from people from the middle east, the white Aussies from the kooris etc.

I'll definately keep my radar up and it's tuned into signs of creepiness! Thanks!....

Hello fellow Aussie, Dee...Thanks for your reply. Yes, I understand what you mean about feeling unsettled. I feel that and haven't quite put my finger on it (well, some of it I can) except to say I feel it in my gut....One of my friends said to me a while ago, "Maybe he's right for right now". I don't think so! I'd rather be on my own and hang out for the right man.... The serial killer under every rock, lol Beth....

Too funny Golden...hey is it too late to change the name of the thread? Going with the gut!