Is he just trying to get me to react?????

Old 11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is he just trying to get me to react?????

The saga continues...I have gone no contact with exah husband. We have been separated since July/10/ Well this week I got a text (from his new cell#) asking if I had blown out the sprinklers? I replied, "yep". I monitor our joint chequing acc't and he has now arranged to have his paycheque deposited into another bank. Which is fine but he didn't leave the mortgage payment in the old account. He has run that acc't 4000.00 o/d. So with being fired from my one job I won't be able to make the payments if he continues to not pay. I was really upset and felt like calling him to give him hell but then I thought nope, don't react, it's only money. He is acting like a baby and even when we were together he never acted this selfish. Is he trying to get a reaction out of me???? I am beginning to think that he has not even started to move on as he claimed he has. I have been very respectful and have totally left him alone, What gives??? Should I start being so nice???
Old 11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Whether or not you decide to contact him is your decision; however, one good thing to do is to get your own checking account and have your name taken off the joint account. You will be responsible for whatever charges he incurs on the joint account so long as your name is attached. If you cannot afford the house payments on your own, you might start looking for other arrangements so far as having a place to live. Have you applied for unemployment since you lost your job?
Old 11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this doesn't bode well.

Time to protect your self and your interests.

I was shocked at how low my first XH was willing to go..just to "win" and he lost so much and didn't care as long as I was spited and punished.

I could never have predicted it.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You also might want to check with legal counsel to find out exactly what your rights are regarding the house and spousal support. If you were to file for divorce, it could be that he would be responsible for paying some of the bills until a settlement can be reached. The laws are different in different states. Many attorneys offer a free half-hour consultation.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I do have my own chequing acc't and have never used his. It is the acc't attached to the mortgage and I can't get my name off till house sells. I work in the school system and the job I was fired from was at the pub I worked at. I have a feeling he is just trying to provoke me as I checked account again and he withdrew more funds this weekend. At the end of the day I can walk away from this 25 year marriage with pride and integrity still attached. I guess I am trying to figure out where his head is at???
Old 11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

up his a$$
Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
up his a$$

Isn't that the truth?!