Chilly temperatures

Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chilly temperatures

While I am still salivating thinking of FD's roast, I am planning to make chili tomorrow.

The weather has turned crisp and I really only want chili rarely..so...my guy thinks he is going to make it but I want to be controlling on this! LOL I want to make it my way.

The new-to-me place has a garden tub...not a jacuzzi but still is an upgrade from what I had.
I had him bring home some bubble bath and took a nice warm soak and then put my feet on the little foot massager I had bought at a yard sale.

He went to town for errands and to see a movie...he was gone a pretty long while but it is nothing to concern myself over, I like having the house to myself more often than I get. LOL

He brought home a bouquet of flowers...and they weren't an apology.
or were they? I did send him a message to bring home oriental take out and he went to the grocery instead and made me a salad when he got home.

so, I'll cuddle in with a book soon and enjoy the warmth of home knowing it is below freezing outside tonight.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Sounds like a perfect fall evening! Enjoy!
Old 11-06-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

You and I are sharin the same brain Live. I made chili tonight. Usually I use turkey but my BF wanted ground chicken, so I made do. Equal parts chicken and beans, diced tomatoes with chilis and jalapenos, onions and loads of chili powder (can't get the good stuff here so have to settle for the powder). It was so yummy!! Hope yours is yummy too
Old 11-06-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

He brought home a bouquet of flowers...and they weren't an apology.

Thanks for this!

I also got a feet massager at work, its wonderful.

I love this thread.

Over here there is a cold front and I hate wearing socks!! I am cocooned in my new bed now.

Keep enjoying yourself!
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Wow, guess it must be the weather cos I'm making chilli today too!!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ah-ha..

I just figured out this morning the guy thinking behind the bouquet (well, this particular guy! LOL)
Yesterday I sent him an email that getting up and seeing the living room messy makes me grouchy...so in guy fix it fashion, he brought home flowers.
That is so funny to me!
the X brought me flowers just for the aesthetics and the love gesture. this guy is more of a ....what? guy-thinking guy. but living room cleaning was not the response. People are so different..and that makes it fun.
(I am assuming his thinking..haven't asked, but I will. My first thought was simply that I often like to buy those premade bouquets for a vase at home, so he bought me what I would have bought me.) am I making any sense?

so, he slept in and I am glad..I like my mornings to myself and I have the chili all put together. wonder when the food smell will wake him????
I like to surprise him too.

Of note is that he was gone for about 5 hours yesterday...to go to the grocery, tobacco store and see a movie. I didn't worry once and I didn't ask him where he had been or what he had done.
With the alcoholic these kinds of absences made me sick to my stomach and I was always ill at ease and did ask for a complete accounting (WHY?! when it was only portions of the truth?..that was my illness)
what did I think the XX would tell me, I've had a bunch of homemade wine and flirted up a bunch of women and now I will start a fight so you will go home cause they are coming over for a party? NOT.

there is alot to be said for normal life!!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Another lovely post, Live. I really like the chatty side of you Funny that you mention it, but I, too, am in the mood for chili and was thinking about making a pot tonight. I like to serve mine over rice and top it with chopped onions, jalapenos, cheese, and sour cream. And I always make a pan of cornbread (sweetened with a bit of sugar) either to eat on the side or to crumble on top of my chili.

Today my daughter and I are going winter clothes shopping. We plan on stopping at a little restaurant nearby for lunch where they serve soup, sandwiches, and salads and hopefully we can get a seat by the big, stone fireplace.

My gas fireplace is not working at the moment. I've got to call in a repair man before the Thanksgiving holiday. I want to eat my holiday dinner in front of the fireplace. How nice would that be?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I really fancy chilli and rice - Mmmm
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Live, I like your style of "normal." One day, I hope to share my style of "normal" with someone, too. If that's not in the master plan, of course, I'm okay with that.

I grew up in dysfunction and I've only known dysfunction in relationships. It's important for me to find healthy examples to learn from.

Thank you for being an inspiration!!

Chilli and corn bread sounds amazing. I predict some cooking in my near future.

TC, you got a new bed?? I missed that memo, when did that happen? Give a snuggle to D&G in that new nest of yours for me.

Alice
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

ooh, cornbread is a good idea. and I want my sweetened too.

Next meal I am looking forward to is pork roast ala L2L.
L2L, I had given up on pork roast even tho' I love it...I was doing mine in the crock pot..I want to do it up in the oven after reading about yours a couple of weeks ago.

My chili is similar to Wendy's LOL...with chopped raw onion, a slice of cheese on top and crackers. Not too spicey. You hotties have burned my mouth enough times.!

Thanks, FD...I think there's a mutual admiration society! (Mark Twain)

oh, and my neighbor brought over a sample of something called "sausage balls". She was amazed I had never heard of them..but I really like them. I will get the recipe and share.

and maybe get David to take some better photos with the real camera instead of the phone.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I switched my normal Crocs for my furry Crocs. It's definitely Fall.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanksgiving in front of a fireplace sounds divine!!!!!!!!!!!

photos request of the table in advance!

Decorating tables is one of my faves!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fall is finally in full swing here after unseasonably warm temps. The furnace has been running at night, and I've got the zoo crew snuggled up in bed with me.

I think I must make chili now that it has been discussed at length!