SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Tomorrow is Takeoff!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/212748-tomorrow-takeoff.html)

missphit 11-06-2010 02:46 AM

Tomorrow is Takeoff!!!

It is hard to imagine the time is already here! Tomorrow morning my son (who is flying in tonight) and I and the two old feline men will make the long drive home together. I am looking forward to spending time with my son and getting out of here and preparing to begin again.
I have been looking for work remotely and got two responses, so far, with an appointment for an interview on Thursday...i'm feeling great about that. I have to say that the universe has been taking great care of me and things are all falling into place. I see that this is what I am supposed to do to take care of me and I am so excited. I have dreams and visions for a future without dread and fear, for the first time in a very long time.
I was told yesterday by someone who rarely speaks up because she is very proper, that I give off such an abundance of positive energy that she wishes she could be around me more often!!! I was so taken aback! ME? was she talking about me? yes, it was me...and i felt so proud and happy to know that my hard work is paying off!! it was so special, really. I am thrilled to be able to feel excited and positive about a new adventure instead of angry and resentful.
once i drive away, whatever happens to my home and what is left in it, is no longer my concern. I am half owner and if it all works out that'd be great, but if not...no harm done...just another minor challenge that means very little in the big picture.
The material things are of no consequence to me, as long as i feel safe and peaceful and happy inside with myself!!! I am so excited...so much to do and look forward to and people that love me waiting for me.....I'm going "home" where i've not been for over 20 years, for any length of time...it is a real thrill...on my own, just me and the fellas....thank you all for your inspiration. next report will be from my very own little place above the treetops!! I can't wait!! imagine? tomorrow will be here in just a minute....hard to believe my dream is really coming true!! after all this time!!

cinnamngirl 11-06-2010 03:17 AM

hello missphit i feel your excitement just reading your post and it's quite contagious! i wish you lots of fun on your new adventure!!
i also found that once you make one good decision lots of other things will just fall into place, like some positive avalanche of good things happening.

naive 11-06-2010 04:21 AM

i think if it was me packing, i would be more practical than sentimental....i would pack things that i needed in my new place, so i wouldn't have to buy them on the other side...i would pack even things like cleaning supplies, which you'll need immediately and are expensive...

dishes, cutlery, etc are cheap to pick up second hand. i would only take a tiny bit that i would need to be comfortable upon arrival.

my basic rule is if i haven't used it or worn it in a year, don't take it.

have a fun journey!

naive

missphit 11-06-2010 04:38 AM

thanks for the responses....i did just that naive, along with a few things that i just had to have...because they are MINE and i didn't want them to end up trashed. I have the bare minimum and all my cleaning things, plus the kitty supplies and the past week's needs because the movers took my things. I will have those two giant cat crates that take up alot of room and my tools and "valuables" because i have a few of those, too...not much, but some. gotta have my pillows and my printer and my very favorite coffee cup too....it's more than i expected, but it will make me feel like i'm home. Many times i wished i had "my stuff" up there, so now it will come true!! I can't wait!

naive 11-06-2010 05:19 AM

since you're driving, you have the luxury of taking some things. i would pack the car to the brim, as money will be tight.

i think it would be good to take a pair of curtains and possibly even the curtain rail and clips along. you'll probably need to hang curtains in your bedroom immediately. i would take a lamp too along with a couple of lightbulbs that you probably have in a drawer at home. i've moved into places that don't have one lighbulb in them before.

and yes, take some tools, as you'll need those right away and they are expensive.

i'd throw a power strip, a flashlight, scissors, and a good kitchen knife. i would also take my favorite spices, as they are expensive to recollect and your AH probably won't use them.

small rugs are handy too, as if you're stuff isn't there yet, you can pile them up on the floor and sleep ontop of them.

missphit 11-06-2010 06:38 AM

thanks, I appreciate the advice!!

ItsmeAlice 11-06-2010 11:23 AM

I'm so excited for you!!!

Road trip!!

I still can't believe I made the same kind of freedom run. I packed my U-haul to the gills and put my car on a trailer off the back of the truck, also stuffed to bursting.
I had three cat crates stacked in the cab of the truck and both dogs beside me on the on the passenger seat. One cat cried the whole 7-hour journey. I don't blame him, it was a rocky trip. We road through what had to be a monsoon and got rerouted twice due to high water.

Yet, somehow by God's grace we made the trip. It was an adventure I don't wish to repeat and yet I wouldn't trade the experience either. I still can't believe we did it.

I am gearing up to try another move to finally get to our permanent nesting spot. I hope to make that trip less chaotic if possible, but no matter how crazy it gets, I know that we can make it together. All for one and one for all, right? Leave no fuzzy behind!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you safe travels.

See you on the other side!!! :)

Alice

naive 11-07-2010 02:04 AM

thinking of you today, missphit.

have a good trip!

missphit 11-07-2010 02:50 AM

thanks!! what a great story Alice..i'm thinking mine will be simliar with the crying felines, but...it's all good and i know the fellas will be glad to have a new, safe life too!! My son is here and i'll let him sleep as long as i can stand. I am excited, sad, nervous and invigorated! it is sad to leave my home but exciting to move forward and not have to be connected to the twisted thinking of AH's. I am so glad i will be far away. we have a long (9-12 hour) ride ahead of us and i hope to land in the new location tonight!! no internet for a few days, but will report when i am "connected" again.
I am packed to the brim and ready to roll...almost, haha.....see you on the "other side"......

TakingCharge999 11-07-2010 03:24 AM

Wishing you good luck in your trip and settling down. I have had mixed emotions but I know its for the better - so if you feel excited, then happy then sad and vulnerable, etc etc dnt worry, thats normal and it comes with the Change Package... natural process... now Im curled up in a ball hugging my teddy bear. Hope to bring the cats soon....

I am strong and you are strong and we will make it!!

PS I need to delete messages !! sorry I missed your PM...I will PM u back

HUGS

PPS It takes courage to do what you are doing and I admire you.
PPPS Itsmealice, I still remember that trip of yours. OK I was not there, but I remember it . Hoping you find a safe place soon. I can't wait to have my own house...

tjp613 11-07-2010 04:03 AM

Wishing you the safest of journeys!....and try to keep the giggling down to a minimum as you leave the house ;)

chicory 11-07-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by naive (Post 2758673)
since you're driving, you have the luxury of taking some things. i would pack the car to the brim, as money will be tight.

i think it would be good to take a pair of curtains and possibly even the curtain rail and clips along. you'll probably need to hang curtains in your bedroom immediately. i would take a lamp too along with a couple of lightbulbs that you probably have in a drawer at home. i've moved into places that don't have one lighbulb in them before.

and yes, take some tools, as you'll need those right away and they are expensive.

i'd throw a power strip, a flashlight, scissors, and a good kitchen knife. i would also take my favorite spices, as they are expensive to recollect and your AH probably won't use them.

small rugs are handy too, as if you're stuff isn't there yet, you can pile them up on the floor and sleep ontop of them.

Naive,

I am so impressed with your advice here. I wish I could get you to organize my life for me-lol

hugs

chicory 11-07-2010 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by missphit (Post 2759577)
thanks!! what a great story Alice..i'm thinking mine will be simliar with the crying felines, but...it's all good and i know the fellas will be glad to have a new, safe life too!! My son is here and i'll let him sleep as long as i can stand. I am excited, sad, nervous and invigorated! it is sad to leave my home but exciting to move forward and not have to be connected to the twisted thinking of AH's. I am so glad i will be far away. we have a long (9-12 hour) ride ahead of us and i hope to land in the new location tonight!! no internet for a few days, but will report when i am "connected" again.
I am packed to the brim and ready to roll...almost, haha.....see you on the "other side"......

Have a safe trip Missphit, and I am so excited for you- your enthusiasm is so very contagious!

hugs

Learn2Live 11-07-2010 05:00 AM

(((hugs))) MissPhit for your journey home. My thoughts and prayers go with you today.

ItsmeAlice 11-07-2010 06:48 AM

Irish blessing came to my mind for Missphit today.
To me it seems fitting.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Thinking of you,

Safe travels!!

Alice

acdirito 11-07-2010 08:34 PM

I'm planning on not being too far behind you! Each day I find myself gaining more physical strength. God's blessings on your life journey.

Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man; but sooner or later, the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

*********************************:ghug3*********** ****************