SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT...my second hand goodies from the thrift store (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/212641-ot-my-second-hand-goodies-thrift-store.html)

Freedom1990 11-04-2010 04:02 PM

OT...my second hand goodies from the thrift store

The flash was washing out the deep rich color of the blue, so I tried to darken the photos to give a better representation. I still have the plywood floor however until, or if, Amber's ABF ever follows through on laying the new tiles.

Randy was more than ready to try out the sofa! You can also see how big baby Ku'a is getting. She weighed 40 pounds last week at the vets, 7 months of age!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...furniture3.jpg

My little old lady Shiloh who will turn 13 on the 15th of this month thinks the ottoman is comfy! That's Miss Sage the Maine coon behind the chair, and Riley kitty on top of the piano in front of the window.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...wfurniture.jpg

And a better view of the entertainment center. I need to get some things to set on top of it, maybe a big vase with artificial flowers in it.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...furniture2.jpg

Pelican 11-04-2010 04:06 PM

It looks very inviting.....ESPECIALLY with the furr babies!

Enjoy your new furnishings!

ItsmeAlice 11-04-2010 04:08 PM

Beautiful room!!!
Looks the perfect sofa for snuggling with the pets. :)

Ann 11-04-2010 04:09 PM

Looks like a great find and I love that your fur family love it too.

I'm partial to cats and your Maine Coon looks like he is ready to move in and claim his own space there :D

Thank you for sharing your find and your family with us.

Hugs

Pelican 11-04-2010 04:19 PM

DeVon,

Re: Riley (as seen on the piano)

Is Riley a white cat with a black tail?

LucyA 11-04-2010 04:23 PM

I love your stuff, it looks so cosy and comfy. Your floor is giving me ideas for mine. My dog pulls up bits of the carpet by accident when she has a mad few minutes, which happens every few minutes!

dollydo 11-04-2010 04:39 PM

Very nice! It is great to see the babys so comfortable.

Freedom1990 11-04-2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pelican (Post 2757146)
DeVon,

Re: Riley (as seen on the piano)

Is Riley a white cat with a black tail?

Yep, he's white and it looks like someone dipped his tail in a pot of black ink!

He also has a pink nose, and I sometimes refer to him as Capt. Pinknose. :)

Other times he's Rotten Riley. :lmao

Starlynn 11-04-2010 04:49 PM

Everything looks great! Your animals are very cute! :puppy:

RollTide 11-04-2010 06:02 PM

I love it! It looks comfy and like there is a lot of love there.

Impurrfect 11-04-2010 07:22 PM

((DeVon)) - I LOVE it, especially seeing all your furbabies lounging around. Wow, "baby" Ku'a isn't so much a BABY any more, is she?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Still Waters 11-04-2010 07:44 PM

Can I rent a spot on your couch. LOL.

coyote21 11-04-2010 08:24 PM

We've been enjoying our Goodwill love seat for almost 3 years now. Need to go get another as the very active 9yo, who uses it as a piece of playground equipment, has worn a few small holes in it.

Three years for $24.95, I think we got our moneys worth! There's a Salvation Army store in Austin that looks like a furniture show room when you walk in, lots of great bargains. I'm never paying retail again. When we get our house that's where we're going for sure. I loves me a good bargain.

Great finds and always love seeing the fur babies.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote

Thumper 11-04-2010 09:07 PM

Great find on the furniture!!

Your speaker is on a milk crate type thing. I have it's twin :lol:

And now I want a dog. Great. My boys have been begging. I'm beginning to cave. I should not look at pictures of man's best friend looking all happy and welcoming.

Kindeyes 11-04-2010 09:40 PM

Wow! What a GREAT find on that furniture! It's gorgeous! But I have to say.....that beautiful greyhound sure does know how to make the couch look very very comfy. I'm a little partial to those couch potatoes....I have two!

Love the entertainment center too!

gentle hugs

missphit 11-05-2010 01:28 AM

awesome and so nice of you to furnish a resting spot for the furry gang! they make it all look so comfy! enjoy because you have really made a lovely, inviting and warm space!! looks wonderful!

Freedom1990 11-05-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kindeyes (Post 2757480)
Wow! What a GREAT find on that furniture! It's gorgeous! But I have to say.....that beautiful greyhound sure does know how to make the couch look very very comfy. I'm a little partial to those couch potatoes....I have two!

Love the entertainment center too!

gentle hugs

Randy is my 3rd couch potato in my lifetime. He's my gentle giant, though that huge sofa makes him look small! :)

I have had greyhounds since 1998, and my household will never ever be without at least one greyhound.

Give your two extra ear scritchies and belly rubs from me! I'd love to see pictures some time! :hug:

theuncertainty 11-05-2010 04:10 PM

What great finds! They look super comfy!

I agree, Thumper: It's getting really hard to just enjoy having pets vicariously. :) And seeing Freedom's family makes me want my own furry family member even more.

They all look so sweet, Freedom, and in the case of Baby Ku'a, more than a tad bit mischievous. Big, big hugs.

Seren 11-05-2010 06:28 PM

Now.....wait.....is that sleek, lean, shiny black rocket of a hound your baby Miss Kua?

Wowsa!!!!!

Freedom1990 11-05-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by hydrogirl (Post 2758389)
Now.....wait.....is that sleek, lean, shiny black rocket of a hound your baby Miss Kua?

Wowsa!!!!!

That is indeed baby Ku'a, more like teenager Ku'a now. She's going through another growth spurt again, this time up, rather than lengthening the body.

The ears are still spectacular!

She'll be 8 months old the 15th of this month. :)