I'm going on a date. A real one.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Why have 1,466 people read this thread? I wish I COULD charge admission.

let's see, fifty cents a piece even would give me..$733! Of course I'd have to charge myself $30..

So, I talked to Tall Editor on the phone last night. He was laying in bed reading The New Yorker! Are you kidding me?!? I can't wait to see his house, I bet the walls are lined with BOOKS instead of BEER!!

He's also talked to a friend of his about the both of them writing that book about the connection between Detroit and the Tar Sands extraction treaty rights violation/environmental disaster.

I'd been feeling sort of weird about him. He's so romantic. So dorky. It's completely new. He's not stunningly beautiful, which is what I usually pick. Then I can worry about whether or not his boundaries with other women are good, whether or not I'm good enough for him.

The thought of having a friend who works on a project like this and shares it with me is bizarre. I would try to tell AH about my work and even when he tried to care, he didn't understand. We had so little in common, except we were both obsessed with him.

But this man and I can actually discuss things we care about together.

So far, no drunken night-time calls. He had a beer in his hand at the Halloween party where we first me IRL, and we had one drink together at the presentation I gave Saturday.

He doesn't appear to drink himself stupid but instead be a casual drinker like myself. Naive can camp out in the driveway Friday if she wants, I'd welcome some additional research, just to be safe.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

that would be me and 1466 people in a codie bus convoy...how big is your driveway?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

For you guys, I'd block off the street.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Do you take Paypal?