OT life regenerator, raw food / healthy cooking recipes

Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi naive thanks for all your input. Hey the honey recommendations MAKES SO MUCH SENSE... but how do I know if its raw?? well I know a place that sells "artisan" honey and I actually met the person that produced it so I could ask. Perhaps eating it now can start helping me. I love tea with honey... and french toast with honey

The usual treatments are so incredibly COSTLY, go on for months/years and a friend that was taking it told me they had no effect on her. So I decided not to take it. Then the usual medicines make my stomach so upset, horrible pain, I don't want to go through that either. I will try the honey and see how next Spring treat me...

Also in therapy we found out my allergies are all related to Earth/feminity. I am thinking as I work through those issues my allergies will "magically" dissapear.

It is a great gift to be on this path. Thanks for walking with me naive... and thanks for sharing all of what you know.

Today's big thing was: I made a banana shake, using water!! no longer any milk!! I added some soy protein... then I have spent the rest of the day drinking lime tea.

I feel great.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

naive, this xmas the salad is on me:

-lettuce
-cherry tomatoes
-nuts
-toasted almond
-cheese cubes
-croutons
-seedless green grapes
-chia

dressing: fresh orange juice, olive oil, lemon, pepper

Not super raw/vegan but I hope the guests like it.

Also, I fasted the other day, only drank carrot juice and water. My mental clarity and focus was extraordinary. I am watching that girl's youtube videos for more tips. Perhaps I will do the "one fruit" fast next week. Thanks a lot for sharing those videos, they are truly inspiring.

Also since I cut back in dairy products I breathe much better. AND I haven't got a really bad cold even when temperature changes are quite bold over here at this time. Even when all my coworkers keep coughing. I brought my air revitalizer to work, drink my vitamins, embrace vegetables and fruit, sometimes some protein, and I feel FINE. And haven't even juiced yet. Can't wait... I have been tempted to buy other juicers but something tells me I'll regret it later...
Old 12-23-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

that's the way, tc!

the salad and dressing sounds absoultely lovely.

and yes, fasting lends to clarity and alertness. plus, it gives the body organs a break. if you fast and have cold like symptoms, do not be alarmed...it's merely the detox and not a cold at all.

and yes, i agree, some protein is necessary. just listen to your body, it will tell you.

naive
Old 12-23-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I cannot believe I missed this! I juiced for 2 years--it was always my evening meal. I have a tough time with some of the green juices (I did not read the whole thread--I'm going to have to).

The acupuncturist I went to showed me what live fruit and vegetables look like and the energy force they put out-compared to what we often get at the grocery store. He also talked about how important it was to juice only organic because if not you were basically creating a lovely concentration of chemicals.

I used to do one beet juice a week as a cleanse. I also used to do lymph massages and then a cleanse after that. Also a cleanse with the change of each season. It was the healthiest I have ever been. No sugar-not even honey. I could not believe how much energy I had.

You guys are making me want to take my juicer out of storage!

It has always frustrated me that health care in the west will not pay for acupuncture. I am sure in the long run it is MUCH cheaper than all the medication and tests they pay for. I used to joke around at work and say if junkies knew how good you felt after going to acupuncture they would start spending their money on that instead. Everyone at work could always tell when I had come back from an acupuncture appointment. Life was just calm and in balance.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Welcome 2011: the Year of the Juice!! get the juicer out !!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I have not tried acupuncture but I have tried alternative therapies and they have worked for me in many levels. Thanks a lot for the organic-only tip, I have not looked for organic fruits and vegetables but I hope they have them at the organic stores I go to.

Those are of course SUPER expensive but as the liferegenerator says, you can pay now or you can pay the doctors later..... I prefer #1!

I also like to buy organic makeup unfortunately it is a FORTUNE.. calendula is very good sun protection.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:51 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Today I went to an organic foods store and thought "naive and liferegenerator would be proud of me!"
Bought organic apples, soy milk, whole bread and pancakes. I also use a jojoba shampoo now, no conditioner and my hair is way healthier.

It makes so much sense... the less chemicals we can put in our body, the better!!

Never felt healthier!! haven't got the juicer as before I bought juices instead, but now that I work from home I'll be getting the cheap juicer you recommended naive...

I am also eating small portions several times a day... feel way way better...

I have taken garlic for a month or so and my legs don't hurt anymore.. my varicose veins have improved greatly.
Ginko biloba and ginseng have helped improve my mood.
Ginger makes me feel stronger and helps my digestion. I do it in tea until I learn some kind of cooking recipe..

As I got oily skin I started exfoliating once a week with brown sugar and red tomatoe, or cucumber... my skin feels incredibly soft.

And I now eat some fruit before going to the gym its funny when I see women that are like, 10 years younger than me and have no elasticity or condition and take several breaks... when now I can go on dancing for 2 hours then an hour of box and yes I get tired but I don't feel like I can't go on.

No dairy and my breath has improved so much.....

Thanks naive
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I lived in a house that had the only juicer within a hundred miles.
Reading this thread has been like listening to my mother.

I can't believe now my own situation
has made it
that I'm going to the Salvation Army looking for juicers.

She had that old on
that would make gravel juice (lol)

I'm not going to be able to afford anything like that one.

I may have to start off slow.

Well, if it's time, it's time.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HoopNinja View Post
The acupuncturist I went to showed me what live fruit and vegetables look like and the energy force they put out-compared to what we often get at the grocery store. He also talked about how important it was to juice only organic because if not you were basically creating a lovely concentration of chemicals.
The same is true after putting food in the microwave. The energy patterns are not the same after nuking any food. I threw mine in the trash after learning this.

In the 1950's Max Gerson was curing people with cancer using fruits and vegetables. His patients used a 3000 lbs press to mash the pulp out of about 20 lbs of raw fruits and vegetables. They took this in daily. They had to do coffee enemas and take in Calf liver/carrot juice to keep their livers from failing because they were processing so much toxic material from their bodies. He testified before congress in 1956, along with his clinical trials and patients as proof. He was promptly ran out of the country. Then he was poisoned with arsenic. His daughter operates a clinic still in Mexico.

I have done water fasting for a while. I do it periodically. My longest is 8 days. The first few days were difficult, but after that it was a breeze. I learned how little food our bodies actually need to survive. How efficient they are. And how much we overeat in general.

I also have a juicer, but I don't like the work involved. Maybe I need a better one because it seem like I go through so much pulp. It really sucks.

Someone mentioned no sugar. That is dead on. I keep my sugar intake low because of the difference in my clarity/thinking/brain function...... What a difference!!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

healthy joints....not the kind you smoke either.......lol

So I made a tea of tumeric, almond oil, cream/water and honey...for joint lubrication..
wow surprisingly good.........