OT life regenerator, raw food / healthy cooking recipes

Old 11-04-2010, 02:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Its 430 AM over here but will reply later... too tired, and now I got more questions...

-how do you identify a green coconut?
-by cereal I basically mean unsweetened oats ! oatmeal.. (which "milk" BTW is great for skincare..) I agree about commercial cereal, I once read it was better to eat the box than the cereal, lol.

Today I saw more of the guy's videos. You are making my days confined in bed way better, thank you for that....

PS felt guilty about milk today but have nothing else as I can't go shopping myself these days.... almond cheese??? and what is a cheese bag?

A whole new world opens before me !
That is good news one can bottle the juice!! although I prefer everything fresh nowadays, but better an "old" juice than some high carb twinkie or something from the machine at work when I stay long hours. Which is often.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

a green coconut is green and shiny, versus brown and hairy.

oats are ok, but i prefer food that is alive nowadays. easier on the body.

a cheese cloth bag is a bag made out of fine cotton.

and no twinkies! they have a shelf life of like 40 years. they don't decompose! they would survive a nuclear war.

better to take a bunch of bananas to work and eat that instead. simple, cheap and good for you! eat 5 of them!

once you start getting the proper nutrition in your body, you won't need skincare anymore. healthy skin from the inside out. that's the way.

look at dan's skin. he's glowing.

the only skin care i use nowadays is i brush my skin dry, before a bath. this removes all the dead cells.

occassionally, i will take the juice of a fresh lemon, take a little cloth, put lemon juice and brown sugar to exfoliate.

that's it.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Originally Posted by naive View Post
i'm very enthusiastic about this, tc. ask away, it's a pleasure to share with you.

oh, hey, we forgot about xABFs for a minute there and are focusing on US.
I finally learned how to quote properly... LOL

naive do you also use some foods for beauty treatments? I watched this gal and being broke has helped me identify more "natural" alternatives...

YouTube - DIY: Tomato Scrub

YouTube - Egg Mask Facial

Are you a vegan/vegetarian? personally I just eat fish, no red meat or chicken anymore. That and yoga make me look younger
Old 11-04-2010, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

It makes sense, what you said about how the body can't absorb nutrients...........
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Can't wait to try this... I am looking to order that juicer, just cutting back on meat has made me feel way better.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I love it our lives are about health and life now. Priceless.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i do eat shellfish still (escargo, clams, mussels, oysters) mainly because i can go and get it myself, so i know the shore is clean and its fresh. and free!

no animal products, (except the rare egg as i can't bear how the animals are treated.)

no tins. (causes alzheimers as the metal deposits in the food and deposits on the brain)

no processed foods. (it'll kill ya)

i'll check out those videos...
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

i'm excited for you to get that juicer! don't get any other one. this one cleans up in 3 minutes. very easy. it only takes 5 minutes to make my juice for the whole day.

today's juice: 5 apples, one whole cucumber, head of lettuce, bunch of parsley, bunch of red chard, 4 carrots, one lemon.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

just watched the tomato exfoliation video...

i do the same thing with a lemon...they say the acid in the lemon even outs skin tone...i'll try the tomato tho...

i wouldn't use white sugar though...it has bleach in it... i use a brown sugar...
Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I really like this thread! Thanks for the wonderful information! Naive = SR's resident translator and healthy eating mentor.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

my pleasure, uncertainty.

everyone in this tiny little place i live thinks i'm crazy eating raw food, but they all keep coming down with colds and flus yet i'm fine!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

ooh! i love this stuff. but my theory is, why juice when you can blend? then you get the added benefit of extra nutrients and tons of fiber. plus, a blender is way easier to clean than the fine mesh thing in the juicer.

blended raw soups are easy and sooo healthy. here's a good website: The Sunny Raw Kitchen: Simply Raw Soups

the "cream" of zucchini soup and the carrot soup are amazing, as is "rawssian borscht."

have fun!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

also - a good oatmeal option: Living and Raw Foods: Raw Oatmeal
Old 11-06-2010, 02:59 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

those soups look yummy! thanks alwaysthinking2.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi, just following up - I was diagnosed with IBS some years ago, but never managed to pursue it properly. I've found much less disturbance when I limit bread and the like (but I get knots, or something, when I've tried to cut out bread/pasta/rice completely... I now eat brown/whole wheat versions of these.

Have found quickly increasing my fruit consumption to aggravate symptoms... but introducing at least one blend or juice a day might be a good thing - will try it!

Grateful to have your knowledge available to us here, and for your generosity in offering it.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

hi notforgotten-

my understanding is the root cause of IBS is that the body is running too acidic. this would explain why too much fruit aggravates the situation.

raw dark green leafy vegetables are alkalizing. things like kale, spinach, parsley, corriander, etc.

i'm not a big fan of parsley in a smoothie, but i can drink huge quantities of it juiced with a couple of apples thrown in.

with IBS, there is a chance also that your stomach acids are out of balance. to sort this challenge, you would want to start eating some foods which have been culturized with a natural nondairy plant-based probiotic.

for example, make some almond coconut yogurt, throw in some probiotic (a teaspoon) and let it culture for four hours. this releases the natural enzymes in the food and begins a healthy fermentation which would help return your stomach's acids back to normal.

i feel that if you introduced green juice and culturized food, that your IBS would go away.

coconut/almond yogurt:

take one green coconut and empty its water into blender or vitamix. add in the meat of the cocunt. add in some soaked raw almonds. add in your teaspoon of probiotic. blend on high until creamy. let sit on your kitchen counter for 4 hours. eat it! put the rest in the fridge, covered.

you can eat it just like that, or you can add it to your smoothies with a banana or a bunch of fresh berries. yummy! you can also use it as a base for your salad dresings. just get it in you, one way or the other!

i'd also look into getting a few colonics, to clean out your intestines.

problem should go away.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

[

since i've started (about 6 months ago) i no longer need to use moisturizer on my skin, my hair is shinier, the grey hairs fell out and new ones grew in and my eyes are brighter.

Naiave,

Just two questions.

How is the food alive, when it has been severed from its roots?

and

Seriously- your grey hairs fell out??

I want a juicer for Christmas!!!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

hi chicory-

it is alive because it still has life force pumping through it.

think about it. if i take an apple and plant it in the ground, it will grow a tree!

for example, if i take a raw onion and put it in the ground, it will grow a big onion plant. or if i put it in a cupboard, it will sprout shoots.

if i take the top off a pineapple and put it in the ground, baby pineapple!

the dark greens are not dead. dead greens are all wilted.

this is the secret of raw food...the life force...it is not the nutrition that heals...it is the life force.

and yes, my grey hairs fell out and new healthy hair grew back. there have been a lot of subtle changes...my eyes are so much brighter and greener, my skin is glowing, my hair shiny, i even had a couple of moles that just kinda shriveled up and fell off, my fingernails are white and gleaming ...

but most importantly, i feel better. much more energy. better sleep.

if you get a juicer, chicory, invest in a good one. i have a top of the line breville that my mother bought for me. it's worth saving up for. a bad juicer makes a big mess. with mine, i can make my juice for the day in about five minutes and clean it up in another 5.

get those fruits and vegetables in you!

you're worth it!

to your health!

naive
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

ahhhhhh- very wise, little Grasshopper.... (you are too young to remember Kung Foo probably)

I see- that makes sense.

i always wanted a juicer. how about just eating those things, until i get a juicer? do you have to eat mass quantities of the raw, un-juiced foods?

thanks !
chicory
Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
I really like this thread! Thanks for the wonderful information! Naive = SR's resident translator and healthy eating mentor.
She is also an expert in moving across country efficiently while making best use of space and funds.