OT involved in a car crash but am ok :(

Old 10-31-2010, 01:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Unhappy OT involved in a car crash but am ok :(

Wish I had rested instead of driving tired, wish I had read your recommendations to rest earlier... I was involved in a car crash fortunately no one was injured. I just came back from the hospital and need to rest 2 weeks, got a neck collar and orthopedic straightener on my right knee. My right elbow hurts. Got crutches.

I did not see a truck when i turned and it was also going way too fast for a small avenue- i just felt the smash on the driver's door, the window was crushed but luckily had protection and flied in the opposite direction. I then hit a parked car. I had the security belt on... it was very scary and I was SO THANKFUL I only had a tiny scratch and no kids were playing around nearby.

Policemen, strangers, the insurance guy, and the other 2 drivers affected were kind and glad no one got hurt. It was obviously my fault so it was quick to negotiate my insurance was going to pay for the damages... the money I'll have to pay is affordable if I get by with tuna and pasta the rest of the year.

I had 2 days left of valid insurance.

The front part of my car is destroyed. It was kind of ironic because a woman was trying to calm me down and asked about calling my family .... I said I had no one here and she said "Oh, so you are alone" and of course I cried my heart out infront of a whole neighborhood with that sentence. I also took the chance to cry about other stuff. Not many times you have the chance to show your sadness to a huge audience.

I called S and he has helped me a great deal. He showed he cared today and is willing to get groceries for me and go to the car shop on Monday, etc- for that I am grateful.

Trying not to be too hard on myself. Hugs are welcome my mom called but I didn't say anything, I would just make her worry and I am OK...

In Urgencies I got teary not because it hurt-honestly I don't feel THAT bad- but i am afraid of docs, etc and got really sad thinking about aging and sickness and my own death and how I am young and healthy and supposedly should be enjoying this stage of my life... the doc asked if I did sports and he said being flexible had helped my back, only my neck is stiff but in one week i should be OK

Incredible how the unconscious works - I have not given myself a break for too much time now so it took this for me to calm down and rest and take time for my needs.

I have cried a lot today and am exhausted, thanks for being out there and truly life, love and health are the only things that matter, I am so thankful I am ok and complete, while this was happening I imagined the truck would get to me too and I screamed thinking I was going to get harmed badly.

It was a scary Halloween and i just want October to be over. Many intense emotions going on.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're ok TC - please...take it easy, ok?

D
Old 10-31-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nightmare! Glad you're ok...

Just a thought... I mean, I don't know your background, or how things are with your mom... you must have your reasons... but if you're both in the same city, and she therefore could, maybe your mom would like to mother you a bit, as much as you would like to be hugged. You're not alone

In any case - I'm taken aback by your ability to show such profound insight, just as you're going through something this shocking. You've got tremendous internal resources, young lady, and they will help you get you through this
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

(((TC)))

That was more than a gentle nudge to slow down from HP! I'm glad you aren't badly injured. Please take the hint and actually rest up for a while!

You're not alone, you have firends here!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Accidents are so scary. I'm so glad to hear that you weren't hurt badly. Rest and take care of yourself.

gentle hugs
Old 10-31-2010, 04:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

glad you're ok, tc!

these types of things happen to all of us. try to make the best of it.

hey, two weeks off work!

i bet you'll heal very quickly as you are so active with yoga, kick boxing, etc.

take care now.
naive
Old 10-31-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Sending gentle hugs (((TC))) and hopes for a speedy recovery.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your accident. Please get well soon.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So glad you are ok.

Sending you a hug. (((TC)))
Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Most important is that you are ok. Time to heal and rest.

Sending hugs!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad you're OK--accidents are scary and upsetting, no matter what.

Feel better soon.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So glad you are OK ! Get as much rest as you can.

:ghug3
Old 10-31-2010, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((((((((((((((((((tc)))))))))))))))))))))
Old 10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks a lot dear friends.
My mom is in another city but coming in 2 weeks. S is getting groceries for me. Kind of weird but he told me yesterday he cares, plain and simple regardless if we are a couple or not...
Hugs to all of you ((HUGS))
Old 10-31-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I too am very glad that you are Ok
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You need your rest. You need to heal. Sometimes we get forced to do so when we don't do it willingly.
I am so relieved you are okay and will be good as new soon. I worries me I must say the thought we could have lost you. You are a part of this SR family and sooo very appreciated here.

Please get well soon!

Since you won't be too mobile D&G are going to enjoy nursing you to health. Something about a cat sleeping upon you quietly is restorative.

((hugs))

Alice
Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((TC))) - nothing like a BIG sign from HP that it's time to get some rest! I'm really glad you're okay, for the most part. ((Alice)) is right...something about kitty snuggles is restorative and downright comforting.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Impurrfect just took the words right out of my fingers. HP works in mysterious ways...and sometimes pretty straightforward ways! Time to give TC some needed rest!

I'm so glad you weren't seriously injured. Hugs to you, girl.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Please take care of yourself!
Peace-
B
Old 10-31-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

TC, feel better, get some rest....that's why they call them accidents.....glad you are only minorly injured.

don't think about others now, focus on YOU...it is nice that you have help.