The payoff of letting go

Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Wink The payoff of letting go

Today at the bank queue - BTW I dislike people that don't have a concept of PERSONAL SPACE- I had this realization.

Letting go of one person completely is the only way to always keep them in your heart. (The parts that are worth keeping).

That is the payoff. To be able to go back to that stage and remember the person with loving dettachment, and smile, and be grateful, and continue enjoying the present.

I know many of you are going you already knew that, but for me it was big!

Not a bad prize after so much work that sometimes seems never ending....
Old 10-29-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
To be able to go back to that stage and remember the person with loving detachment, and smile, and be grateful, and continue enjoying the present.
I am no where near this point. Great for you!

I hope someday to be able to do this too.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starlynn View Post
I hope someday to be able to do this too.
Me too!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto. You really are making TC999.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
fumbling towards normalcy

I am working on this. Thanks for your insight, I needed it tonight.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Letting go of one person completely is the only way to always keep them in your heart. (The parts that are worth keeping).
Yes but ... That seems to be my theme song at the moment "Yes but ..." I keep looking for the differences in peoples stories rather than the similarities :-(

I know that there are only two ways through the path ahead of me; the first, is one foot in front of the other, one day at a time, the other ... well the other isn't really an option.

I am having a really hard time letting go of my AW. I find that I keep trying to work the situation out. I think I am too scared of losing her. I know I have to keep the the focus on me and my recovery and my HP has shown me what He can do when I trust and hand my will over to Him but somedays are harder than others.

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love the random places revelations occur. In line at the bank of all places. Good for you!!

And despite what you might think, this concept had not occurred to me before and you have given me something wonderful to consider. Letting go to get back to the good feelings I once had over XABF. I like that idea much better than feeling stuck as I've been in the feelings of irritation I had when I left him.

Wishing you beauty today, TC!!

Hugs,
Alice
Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm able to smile to myself or have a laugh with the kids about my relationship with my second husband, whom I haven't spoken with in several years (last time we talked he was still drunk). I wish him well, I hope one day he chooses recovery, but I wouldn't want him back if he did. Still, I think good thoughts about him--most of the bitterness has gone.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well I have thought about this about another ex that I was also good friend with afterwards, and who now has someone else. Incredible how different relationships with "normal" people can change and one can heal from them with time, and how ex's may contact back with more healing thoughts and even talking about forgiveness.. and in the end you realize they are mainly good people who didn't know better at the time just like you and you HONESTLY hope they are happy, there is no effort to that...

I am in a healthy place about that person and other "normal" ex's, but for the alkie I am still far from it... I start to sense how it would feel like, to let go completely -being away helps a lot- but when seeing him at work I am still angry. Sometimes I can let it go easily but sometimes ...

Moving forward, moving forward, but I can't just reconcile Jekyll and Hyde. It just makes no sense. I can't believe they are the same person. I am also still angry about how others look at him as a fun guy without any issues. Addiction is horrible. But I am very happy I can heal from it and no longer look for another one like that. A few months was enough...
Old 11-07-2010, 02:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am realizing "letting go" is the same as "forgiveness".

Today I watched this really sad Oprah program

Full Episode - 200 Adult Men Who Were Molested Come Forward - Video - Oprah.com

I wanted to share the following phrases about forgiveness they said in this episode:

Forgiveness means:

I am not going to let you continue hold the reigns over my life.

Forgiveness is giving up the hope the past could have been any different. It is accepting the past for what it was and using this moment and this time to help yourself move forward.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

that is a marvelous definition...and i'm working hard on that one!! thanks, i needed that!!