Jadmack

Old 10-28-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Jadmack

How is your friend Ann and her daughter Sue doing? I have had them on my mind a lot.

My mom recently learned that an old high school classmate passed away from cancer. It's such an ugly damned disease!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been wondering the same. Sue has been in my prayers every day.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

It is so sad. I hope you are OK Jadmack, and I am also sending good thoughts all the way to you and Ann/Sue.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a lovely surprise for me to see this thread, thank you so much.

We got ourselves our own home grown Aussie Saint just 2 weeks back, Saint Mary of the Cross, and boy has she been earbashed with prayers....even before she was cannonised, we had prayer for her to join our pleas for healing.

Ann nearly lost it when she heard the words inoperable....just as a few of us friends did also. It just seemed impossible to take in at that time. I could have watered my garden with my tears that first week, I am sure.

They didn't touch the pancreas, one look was enough to know it had a large tumor, and found a small tumor between kidney and liver, with possible smaller secondaries elsewhere. They eased her jaundice and liver problems by doing a duct bypass to stop that big tumor squashing the ducts anymore, and removed the gall bladder too.

She is frail, and is waiting for a bit more strength before coming home for chemo to hopefully kill off the small stuff and shrink the big one, enough to hit it with Radium and not damage the liver at all.

I think of all this as I pick out what to pack for my trip down to Melbourne, next week to help my mum celebrate her 99th birthday, and thank God for the so many great blessings I have in my life. I sure know that I appreciate my life and my family much more now than only a few weeks back, especially the health factor.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and all those prayers for Ann, Sue and their family. Ann felt a great warmth the other evening, as if she were being hugged, and since then is calm and no more tears. She says she just knows that whatever happens, she will be given all she needs to get thru it, and so will Sue and her crew of boys.
Her faith has never faltered, not when her son ended it nearly 2 years ago, and not now when she faces losing her darling girl.

I wish I could package it, and send a truckload to be distributed to those who have been battered and bewildered by the chaos of living with alcohol or any other addictive problem.