SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT may move again- please please HP... let me live in a place full with peace (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/211738-ot-may-move-again-please-please-hp-let-me-live-place-full-peace.html)

TakingCharge999 10-22-2010 08:27 PM

OT may move again- please please HP... let me live in a place full with peace

Excuse me while I essentialy keep blogging here...

I am broke as hell and told that to the therapist. She told me "no worries you pay me when you can, just come". Who does that nowadays?? well she does and I just came back from therapy and I feel I have made great progress!! I paid 50%..

-I dress better and was told I look elegant.
-I have deleted "friends" from Facebook who tend to post drunken pics or like stuff with women without many clothes. I found that is offensive to me. No apologies or explanations-DELETE...
-I participate more in the group
-I am finding things that motivate me

Turns out the therapist's daughter rents an apartment and it will be free soon.. it has a small garden and is cheaper than what I pay here and in a much better place. I have to call her tomorrow at 12:00pm.

The therapist also has an annex to her house. She also rents that place. It is small but it has a king size bed, paid internet/cable TV.

As I mentioned I am broke,then I remembered my dad offered to lend me a sum that would easily pay the deposit and a month. I am writing to him now.

Please please GOD let me live in a place with silence and tranquility where my cats can be happy (they would be allowed).... ughh I hope its not one of those things that excite you, then you are told "Nope. You can't have it. You were close though"

During the weekend my apartment is so noisy I just can't be here... and there is always a bunch of young males outside hanging around doing nothing ... I don't like that.... not that its horrible, but that house is always so quiet.. much better neighborhood.

Not to mention I wouldn't have to deal with the macho landlord again!

Good mojo welcome!!

:grouphug:

Lenina 10-22-2010 08:32 PM

Sending you my best "find a good pad" vibes. I'm hunting for a place myself.

Love,

Lenina

TakingCharge999 10-22-2010 08:54 PM

Lenina I hope you find a suitable place too. Start feeling as if you were already there...

wow1323 10-22-2010 08:59 PM

I hope you get that new space. The garden sounds so lovely.

TakingCharge999 10-22-2010 09:12 PM

I totally imagined myself painting there, even the way from that home to work, and from there to the gym is very very beautiful full with trees and nice restaurants......

The therapist told me she has hundreds of movies and psychology material and would lend everything to me

The room below is PERFECT for yoga-pilates-meditation.

Anyway the worst that can happen is that I have to keep wearing earplugs........
Still grateful to have a roof over my head!

missphit 10-23-2010 03:27 AM

good luck with the new place! it will be nice to have a peaceful space to call your own. I am in the process of moving to a new place too. It is out of state and i've not actually seen it yet, but saw photos and my daughter looked at it for me. I understand your need for a quiet place and I hope it comes your way!! I look forward to posting from mine in about 2 - 1/2 weeks and it won't come soon enough!

Jadmack25 10-23-2010 04:26 AM

TC my dear, I will put you in the hands of my Wonderful, and out of this world, real estate agent, who when I was absolutely desperate and living in a car, placed me in the unit I had wanted and prayed about for ages, and which was not even vacant at the time.

I will be praying to Him tonight, and every night until you sign the lease, or move in.

TatliGuzelim 10-23-2010 04:33 AM

TC - May the planets align so that your near future includes peace, tranquility and restful nights. :)

acdirito 10-23-2010 06:26 AM

I am constantly amazed at how our circumstances change once we, as codependents, work through our first three steps of our recovery.

Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol, that our lives had become unmanageable.
Step 2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him.

In Alanon, as we work our steps, we "expect miracles"!

Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm.

:day6

ItsmeAlice 10-23-2010 10:24 AM

My house hunt continues as well, TC. I so wish something so important could be easier, but alas we are at the hands of a changing universe aren't we. It all comes together in its own time, right?

I am experiencing now a profound lesson in being patient as I am waiting for all the different variables involved to resolve themselves. There is so much outside of my control all I can do is hand over the outcome to my HP and just move forward as best I can each and every day.

For all of us in the hopeful search of a new home, I've found this prayer that I find helpful.

Dear HP, instill in me with the courage
and patience a new beginning requires.
As long as my you are with me,
any house becomes a home.

Amen!

I, too, am comforted by having a roof over my head for today.

Alice

Still Waters 10-23-2010 10:41 AM

My hunting goes on as well. I've determined that I simply cannot afford to live in this area.

So, now to have a talk with my daughter - and she is not going to be happy at all. Again.

dollydo 10-23-2010 03:08 PM

That would be great! Although I am not an artist, I am a writer and I cannot write when there is alot of noise and confusion. I must be at peace!

I will think positive thoughts!

TakingCharge999 10-24-2010 06:08 PM

Your prayers worked! I will sign the lease this week. Thanks!!

This weekend was a joke... like the other thread about noise - guys without having anything to do playing football, soccer matches all day, parties, babies, babies AND dogs, new dog barking all day this morning... a rooster going on ALL DAY.. LOL

That Stress test was an eye opener and this place I will live in is SO peaceful. You don't hear ANYTHING. And I will save a few bucks...I just hope the cats and resident dog get along (its a small, old dog, very friendly..) or at least that the cats can live there without bugging anyone...

I no longer got Internet at home...

Hugs, hugs to all of you. You know what changed from all the times I have moved... that I FEEL I DESERVE PEACE! No more dealing with macho landlords either.

:grouphug:

TakingCharge999 10-24-2010 06:09 PM

PS I also accepted some $$ my dad offered to lend me. I just sent him my bank account #. Thanks God for letting me accept Help and for sending it.

HealingWillCome 10-24-2010 06:15 PM

YAY! Great news. I am very happy for you. :) I'm predicting a lot of good things for you in this new place.

ItsmeAlice 10-24-2010 07:12 PM

What wonderful news!!!

So glad you are able to receive help from your Dad. Your Dad is probably happy to help knowing you will be moving where you can find a peaceful sanctuary.

I'm so happy for you too!!!

Alice

MMkM 10-25-2010 06:24 AM

What a blessing to have a therapist that is so thoughtful and
helpful - some are more concerned with the money part of it.

Glad you got the wonderful place to live in that will bring
you serenity and peace.

Jadamack25 - love that - letting the Highest Real Estate Agent
know she needed new lodgings just as you did at one time.

naive 10-25-2010 06:46 AM

just checking in to see if you got the place...

glad to hear the good news, tc!

( perhaps think twice about letting that old free-loader boyfriend know your new address... )

theuncertainty 10-25-2010 01:35 PM

:a122: Congratulations, TC! Yay!

TakingCharge999 10-25-2010 01:54 PM

Thank you all again!! Thanks Jadmack... you are all so great..

Now I am worried about my cats... there is a resident small dog - 16 years old - french poodle- quite friendly- about the size of my cats. Anyone has introduced young cats to an older dog? They don't have to share anything, but wouldn't it be nice if they were able to play around the garden...

First things first: I need to get Gabanna's shots up-to-date, and am getting more SoftPaws.

I hope my cats don't mind the smaller space :/