Quiet weekend....

Old 10-27-2003, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Quiet weekend....

Yup, we had a nice quiet weekend at my house and I enjoyed every second of it...my ah whose been off the wagon over a month now hasn't had a drop in a week....I think he's once again realizing that he does have a problem and that he can't just drink like other people (wow, go figure!)...he even went to the grocery store with me (big mistake, we always spend more when he's there!!!) yesterday and asked me to put the empty beer bottles in the machine (we live in Mich..we have deposits that we get to return) and when we were walking down the aisles, we came across the beer and wine aisle and he said "We definitely don't need to go down that aisle ever again!"...I just took it for what it was and kept walking.

He was even in a snuggly mood Friday and Saturday..which is something he's not...he's not a touchy feely kinda guy but he made some comment about needing to feel me close to him and "reconnect" with me....

But the icing on the cake was last night...I was on the computer, ah was in the living room watching tv, son was in my room watching tv and I went upstairs to check on son about 6:45 and he was sound asleep in my bed, ah was sound asleep on couch and I had a couple of good hours of peace and quiet and took a hot bubble bath and relaxed...and everyone else, slept through the night...Son even stayed asleep while I carried him
from my room to his!!! What a way to end the weekend

Okay, that's my weekend, anyone else have a nice peaceful weekend???? Do anything exciting??? Share share!

Sped teach
Old 10-27-2003, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish I was writing about my great weekend here, but I was working. Next weekend I'll tell about my great weekend... 'cause the girls are going to the HAUNTED HOSPITAL! OOOOOH.

But that all sounds wonderful, Teach. All warm and peaceful and normal. Hugs to the whole dang family!

Smoke
Old 10-27-2003, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad you had such a good weekend, teach!

mine was good too...calm.

did the brownie thing with my daughter on friday night, then she went to her dad's on sat. i took her there and stayed a bit and after she saw her dad and i just chat in a low-key way, she was ok with me leaving. its been hard but we're working through it.

they had a good time together. took a long walk to the park, and played a lot of pretend, etc. our therapist has been really working with both of us on our interaction with each other and our daughter.

i went to a mtg, spent time with another al-anon lady afterwards who helped me pick out a few good al-anon tapes. listened to one in the car for the rest of the afternoon and it was great. spoke right to me, know what i mean?

then i went to dinner and shopping with my 2 best girlfriends. and i didn't even obsess about my husband and our nightmare. i shared briefly about how things are with ME, then just moved along to listening to them and chatting about all of the OTHER things in the world that i care about.

it was nice.

my daughter, husband and i met in church yesterday. everything went smoothly and my daughter was in good spirits.

.......except for this drama she had about one of her very loose teeth. she is almost 7 and she has 2 super losse teeth that she won't let me get anywhere near...they are growing hair on them by now, think...it is so gross. well, she couldn't eat her lunch after church and was miserable and really expressed her displeasure and discomfort...my husband and i are pretty dramatic (big news bulletin)...she comes by it honestly. God help me.

last night my folks took care of my daughter so he and i could meet at our local hospital and go to our respective mtgs. i went to an al-anon step mtg while he went to his aa promise mtg...then we had a cup of tea and chatted for an hour (we amazingly stuck to our boundaries of staying in the present and keeping the focus on ourselves and NOT getting into any heavy stuff)

it was good. and i'm not even obsessing aobut it today. it was good in that moment and thats it. i'm trying to to build up my expectations and fantasies, etc.

so thats my story.

how did the weekend go for the rest of you???

oh, and ps.....one of those hairy loose teeth fell out while my daughter slept last night and she woke me up at 4:30 this morning to tell me about it and ask why the tooth fiary hadn't been there. told her the tooth fairy needs one day notice for all payments and she went back to bed. i never went back to sleep but i'm still in a good mood.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Gads loose teeth. I remember those. One of my sons had a friend who got FIVE BUCKS for a lost tooth. My son? he got a quarter, maybe once he got a dollar.... I remember him being disappointed and I told him it was because we didnt live in that other tooth fairy's district.

Baby steps. Its all good.

O59
Old 10-27-2003, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Quiet Weekend

My weekend was great. This is my first weekend w/o the wife since she went in the hospital. Went up to work on our mini cabin and didn't have to worry about getting a call "mom's drunk again" or "you gotta come home" from the kids. I could actually smell the trees and hear the birds, just seemed so different this time. I was actually singing to myself (good thing no one was around). No, but really such a relaxing weekend. Went to see her after I got back and she seemed like she's really trying to turn herself around. I want to believe her, but won't really know until she gets out.