Last night and little sleep

Old 10-15-2010, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last night and little sleep

So, my AH is moving out NOv. 1, he said last night he was going out to look at places to live. At 1:30 he wasn't home yet and at 3:30 He hadn't come to his bed, so I got up and ran downstairs thinking the worst ( I had my phone off) and he was sittling on the toilet and there was a blanket on the sofa where he was sleeping. Not sure when he got home, but of course I couldn't go back to sleep. I cannot wait until he is out of the house! How selfish this alcoholism is! Who would want to worry and keep awake those they love? I know I know he can't love me that way and that blows!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jackthedog View Post
How selfish this alcoholism is!
I have been thinking that all day, how completely selfish!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is probably going to sound harsh and I don't mean it to come out wrong really..I just can't think of any other way to say it....

my folks always said: Bad news travels fast enough.

If something does happen..you wouldn't have any control over it anyway.

Best to let him do his own thing..he will anyway..and just take care of yourself and your sleep.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I spent hours worrying over RABF when he was out drinking, and tho he arrived home drunk as, and sometimes in a bad mood.....it was me who looked like death warmed up next day...he looked fine.

Really not worth the worry, as you worrying at home has no effect on him out and about anyway.

Yes it is selfish behavior, but then alcoholism is a complete selfishness parcel.

You have under 2 weeks to him moving out, and then you may not even know if he is out or not, so start practicing "unworrying" now, even if for only a few minutes at a time.