Autumn Exuberance

Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

TC...that recipe sounds fabulous ...but, what is chia?
Old 10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I love the photo's, such wonderful colours!! Autumn is my favourite season too. I hate summer and heat (not that we get too much of that in England, thankfully!) so am glad move on to Autumn, I love the weather getting chillier, the leaves falling off the trees and lots of rain. My favourite weather is rain, really heavy, lashing rain. It's fabulous to watch and listen to.

I love snow too, not being out in it so much but I love how it makes everything look...it's so pretty. We don't really get much snow here either, just a few inches normally, but soon as it starts the street fills with kids and snowball fights, it's great!

Here's my road last winter with our sprinklings of snow.

And again at night

My front garden gate and below you can just about see my house behind the trees...

Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Beautiful photo, Live. I don't know how I missed it until now. Well, I did plant pansies. And more pansies. And still more pansies. I would have planted more, but my pockets weren't as large as my plans. I finished planting the last batch yesterday. But by the time I was finished, the sun was setting, so I didn't take a picture. I'll snap some photos this weekend and post a few.

After spending the day out in the yard with Marty, the dog in my avatar, and little Stevie (my Yorkie) keeping me company as I worked, I wrapped up the day by making a wonderful pot roast--chuck roast rubbed with salt and pepper and browned in olive oil, onions, garlic, beef broth, chopped celery, carrots, potatoes, thyme, and a splash of red wine vinegar to add a bit of complexity to the broth. A one pot wonder, it was, and oh so delicious.

I love the fall. The cool crisp air, the beautiful changing leaves, and the smell of a big pot of homemade soup, stew, or chili simmering on the stove. Nothing better than a warm meal on a cool night.

You've been quite chatty recently, Ms. Live, and I like it.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh ymmy yum yum. My tummy is rumbling as I read your pot roast post.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I had leftover pot roast for lunch today along with a nice, crisp green salad, and a tall glass of ice water. Ummm, baby, this is the life!