Just...too much

Old 10-13-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It is what it is

When I feel like you do right now, backed into a corner and no matter where I turn, it seems like a dead end, I remind myself that I am exactly where I need to be right at this moment, even if I can't see it. HP is guiding me and if I don't try to force a solution, the solution will come, but in HP's time, not mine.

That is not to say I stop doing everything possible to better improve what I can, but to accept what I can't change for now and accept the answers I receive right now as the ones I am supposed to get. If it's do nothing right now, heed it. And it doesn't hurt to hand it over. I pray and let HP know that it's too much for me and I am handing it to him.

You will know when it's the right thing to do when it appears.

Peace,
Jen
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Alice,

I've been thinking of you, since our situations are similar. It just gets so depressing.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I found this:

...representing rent for a typical modest apartment, was $714 for a studio apartment, $793 for a one-bedroom, $959 for a two-bedroom, $1215 for a three-bedroom, and $1467 for a four-bedroom unit.
In the county I'm in. If I get 40 hours a week I make $400 a week minus all the taxes. You can see the problem. lol
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((((SW))))) I'm praying something will turn up. I know the struggle....before I got married, it was tough to find something I could afford, and I did not particularly want a roommate 'cause I'm too old and cranky. But.....I did finally find a decent, though not fancy, apartment where I lived for about 3 years.

I hope something turns up real soon!

Hugs, HG
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Jadmack,

Yes, that would indeed be a lovely outcome - Mom kicking the useless jackhole to the curb. But - I don't want to be the catalyst you know? I don't want to "meddle" in that. It's her deal, and I totally get how she doesn't see the situation clearly. lol I mean, I've been there right?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

You're on my prayer list also.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Still Waters,

I would like to suggest you talk to some local ministers about your situation. They might be able to help you find a better living arrangement. It sounds like you might live in a city where you could offer your services as a caregiver which would include room and board for you and your daughter. As a mother, myself, I understand your hestition to become a roommate with just any male. I certainly wouldn't become a roommate of a male without checking out his references and the situation you would be getting into. I wouldn't just shut the door to this option. There are a lot of reasons that a man might be looking for a roommate than what you are thinking about. My uncle, a long time ago, needed a female roommate to help him with raising his children. His wife had been killed in a car accident and he needed to keep working. There, also, are a lot of us that have suffered immobility and need someone to assist us. It, also, sounds like your city might have services that help potential roommates to meet and seize up the situation, and your compatibility. Also, with the current housing situation in such a mess you might be able to find a homeowner who needs your monetarily assistance to just hold on, and can help you out.

"Tomorrow is always a new dawn.
Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.
Nothing is really over until the moment you die."

Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hugs, StillWaters. Wishing you continued strength and peace. Rent is staggeringly high here, too. I wouldn't be able to afford an apartment and after-school-care on my own, and HP knows STBXAH has not and is not paying child support (though the State is trying to catch up with him and his ever-changing-jobs). DS and I live with my sister and her family; it works out well for every one. DS and his cousins entertain each other and get along like siblings; my sister and BIL are amazing, loving, supportive and strong. We're able to share babysitting when we have a meeting or (in my case) support group to go to, and we all chip in on meals and doing dishes, etc. That being said, I know I'm incredibly lucky to have my sister and BIL in my life and not every one has family that is able to do what they've done.

Maybe, like Acdirito suggests, there is another family out there that could use the extra help with their house payment, or maybe a cute little 'MIL apartment' will become available. One of the grocery stores I go to on occassion (high-end and generally too expensive for my budget, but oh so fun) usually has flyers about people looking to house-share or little 'MIL' places available. A lot of screening would be in order, but worth checking out.

I hope the right place for you and DD turns up soon.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I put off work today to do an exhaustive search for a place. Wow, the real estate situation is really messed up bad. Lots and lots of foreclosures. I can't believe how many places listed for rent show up as foreclosed when you search them. What do they do with that rental money??

Saw a couple places with no prices on them that I'll need to call tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. All the other places were too high.

You know the places with grown men hanging around during the day, with their pants falling off? Yeah, even those were too high.

So, back to the room mate thing.