SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   There's an app for us... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/210967-theres-app-us.html)

SteppingUp 10-10-2010 10:40 PM

There's an app for us...

I'm new here so if this is inappropriate please feel free to delete it.

I'm new to Al-Anon, setting boundaries and pretty much everything else. It makes me feel more secure knowing that there are people out there who care and meetings that I can go to.

I'm an iPhone user and came across an app that basically finds your location and directs you to meetings near you. I think you can also add meetings as well.

It's called "Steps Away" and it's free.

I just discovered this and wanted to share. It makes me feel a little better knowing I have some resources with me at all times. :ring

SlvrMag 10-11-2010 06:58 AM

That is so cool! I have a Droid so I wonder if there's an app for that?

SteppingUp 10-11-2010 07:09 AM

SlvrMag,

If not that exact one, I'll bet there is an app like that for the Droid.

Still Waters 10-11-2010 07:10 AM

Now if I only had a data phone...and a car! lol

SlvrMag 10-11-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by SteppingUp (Post 2734348)
SlvrMag,

If not that exact one, I'll bet there is an app like that for the Droid.

I'm gonna have to search!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
I had never even thought there would be a meeting app!

SlvrMag 10-11-2010 07:47 AM

"Steps away" is in my Droid market and is now installed!

SteppingUp 10-11-2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by SlvrMag (Post 2734371)
"Steps away" is in my Droid market and is now installed!

Excellent!:banana:

SashaMB 10-11-2010 11:10 AM

Thanks for posting this, SteppingUp! By the way, I love your screen name, very cute and positive! And welcome, I'm glad to see you here, and I hope you keep reading and posting. I have found this board to be very informative and supportive. Everyone needs encouragement, and it's so good to know there are always people on here who know what you're going through.

Sasha

SteppingUp 10-11-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by SashaMB (Post 2734520)
Thanks for posting this, SteppingUp! By the way, I love your screen name, very cute and positive! And welcome, I'm glad to see you here, and I hope you keep reading and posting. I have found this board to be very informative and supportive. Everyone needs encouragement, and it's so good to know there are always people on here who know what you're going through.

Sasha

Thank you Sasha! You're absolutely right. The folks here are extremely supportive and willing to share their experiences. It makes it so much easier knowing you're not alone. :grouphug:

Jazzman 10-11-2010 11:53 AM

I need the "Broken Picker" app for android. The one that tells you which one to politely excuse yourself from the company of....

wicked 10-11-2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzman (Post 2734546)
I need the "Broken Picker" app for android. The one that tells you which one to politely excuse yourself from the company of....

jazzman,

here is your chance to make a million!
make the app that asks the right questions.
oh baby, it would sell like hotcakes.
:lmao

bookwyrm 10-11-2010 12:37 PM

Jazzman, I'd even buy a smartphone if you made that app!!!

SashaMB 10-11-2010 04:35 PM

I would totally buy the broken picker app!