SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT I am going to be an aunt ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/210725-ot-i-am-going-aunt.html)

TakingCharge999 10-06-2010 08:18 PM

OT I am going to be an aunt !

I talked to my sister very early today.

I am going to be an aunt. She is 3 weeks pregnant !!!

I am so happy I can't tell you.. my mom cried....

My sister will have the baby in Thailand as she is working there.

So- we need to save BIG, as we want to be with her when she has the baby.

We are a very, very happy family and today we were blessed !!!

HealingWillCome 10-06-2010 08:20 PM

Exciting! That's a trip worth saving for!

TakingCharge999 10-06-2010 08:26 PM

Her husband is a great partner, treats her and everyone with respect, has no addictions, is very intelligent, responsible, educated, fun, would never ever insult her, cheat or even eyeball anyone in a lusty way- regardless of my sister being there or not- and they pass many months away from each other due to their work. Its just who he is, you know...

I have a lot to learn from my sister!!

We are thinking of names... for a girl we have a few we like but for a boy we are having a difficult time (suggestions welcome!)

ItsmeAlice 10-06-2010 08:32 PM

WOOHOO!!

I'm an aunt and it's awesome!! You're going to love it!!

Alice

Impurrfect 10-06-2010 11:10 PM

(((TC))) - congratulations!!! I have several nieces and nephews and recently got a new niece, I've yet to see (3 hrs away, her mom and dad are off weekends, and that's when I work). I've got a gorgeous picture of her, though and will go asap.

Being an aunt is awesome. You get to spoil them, then hand them back to mom and dad:)

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

trapeze 10-07-2010 03:16 AM

I agree with Impurrfect, being an aunt is awesome. I have 3 nieces and a nephew, and it is so much fun watching them make their way in the world. Enjoy!

gns 10-07-2010 05:02 PM

Congratulations!!!

I am an aunt x2 and it is the best thing ever!

theuncertainty 10-07-2010 06:42 PM

Yay! TC, it is so fun being an aunt, and you'll be awesome! I have 4 nieces and 4 nephews and they are all so cool, fun, outstanding, amazing! The oldest two just started their 2nd year in college and the youngest is in the 1st grade. Our families are also celebrating as one of my cousins just found out that she's having a girl, and another cousin just found out she's pregnant after thinking she couldn't have a baby.

Hugs!

TakingCharge999 10-09-2010 03:34 AM

I haven't slept much!!!! too excited!!

I was thinking how this human being has not been born yet and there's so much love already. And how we are all loved so dearly by our family, or a friend, or god or all of the above, sometimes before we were even on the planet ......and how we tend to forget that.

Why are we so afraid of feeling love?? perhaps it would feel too good and we don't feel we deserve it ??

TakingCharge999 12-10-2012 08:11 AM

My sister told me a few days ago / the 2nd baby is on his or her way. :)

Feel free to congratulate and cyber hug me!

Impurrfect 12-10-2012 11:29 AM

((TC)) - Congratulations!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

SparkleKitty 12-10-2012 11:35 AM

Congratulations! Love to hear good news of all stripes on this forum!!

Sasha4 12-10-2012 01:34 PM

Please make sure you tell us all the the beautiful details!
I feel excited!!!!

Love to your family and sister xx

StarCat 12-11-2012 06:44 AM

Congratulations!
You must be so excited. :)

FifiRhubarb 12-13-2012 02:44 PM

Ahh congrats!! Being an aunt is the greatest thing ever! My niece and nephew are one of the few bright spots in my life right now. I absolutely adore them more than I have ever loved another human being. They live far away as my sister's husband is in the military, but just seeing their pictures can change my whole day. Enjoy!!