I'm admitting I am powerless...

Old 10-06-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm admitting I am powerless...

Hi out there--Well, today's the day I'm gonna admit I'm powerless over the alcoholic. I'm not going to call him one more time, because maybe he's better now. Will he be returning to AA anytime soon? Funny, he doesn't look like he's in any pain. I would be--I'd be feeling really bad if I had drank after 24 years of sobriety. (I've been sober 27!). We met in AA and have been married 22 years. It's been a good marriage....until the"ism", smeared itself all over our lives. Yep, as you might have guessed, Resentment is the number 1 offender! From there comes anger, bitterness and rage. Not to mention the subilties of dishonesty, avoidance and BLAME,BLAME,BLAME! ---I didn't even see it coming, till it wreaked havoc in so many nooks and crannies of our family. I am at God's mercy. I'm praying for clarity, and friends to come along side me. There are no good meetings held at my house! I will get a meeting directory and introduce myself to my local al-anon bunch. They've so helped me in years past. I feel like a traitor. When life's good, I'm livin' the good life---and not attending or giving away what was given to me. I'm coming home, though...please forgive my absence.
freeindeed--
Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Welcome back.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the SR family!

We're glad you are here. Pull out the keyboard and make yourself at home by reading and posting as much as needed!