Detox....what is the process

Old 10-04-2010, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Detox....what is the process

I'm probably obsessing......no.......there's no probably about it. lol

The last contact I had from my AS was an email. It simply said "Off to see the docs in the morning... thank you, and I love you!!"

This was after he had told me a couple of days earlier that he was going to check himself into detox and had asked again for the telephone number. The email was a response email to my email providing the phone numbers to him (because he had asked for them).

I haven't heard anything else from him since that last email.

So here is my question. For those who have experience with detox, what happens?

My thoughts have been.....

......he checked in and they said they couldn't help him.
......he never checked in.
......he checked in and they didn't have a bed so he had to come back on another day.
......he checked in and they put him directly in the hospital because he was so messed up.
......there is no telephone so he can't call me to let me know he's ok.
......he's dead and his wallet has been stolen so they can't identify him and find me.
......he's working on himself and has to do this alone with support from others in recovery.
......he's still living on the streets and is shooting up every chance he gets.

And then my thoughts turn to....

.....you have no control.
.....he is in God's hands.
.....Let GO and LET GOD.
.....Let GO or be DRAGGED.

Now....all of that is the definition of insanity, right? (I'm laughing at myself right now.)

These are the ponderings of a person struggling to hold on to her serenity. These are the things that I need to get out of my head and onto "paper" so that it's no longer inside of me threatening my sanity!

I'm currently working Step Two......I need to trust that my HP is going to restore me to sanity. I think this is going to take some WORK!

gentle hugs
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

whoops

Posted this in the F&F of alcoholics instead of F&F of substance abusers. Disregard. I'm moving it.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sure others have more detailed particulars. I know detox in Orange County, CA means no outside contact, no leaving the unit until the detox is completed. However long that may be.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those are a lot of possibilities...still haven't heard from him, huh. I can just tell u my detox experience..we picked up AD and took her to ER. They gave her fluids, some meds to lower blood pressure, ran a TOn of expensive tests on her (she had bronchitis and a UTI, so the tests ARE a good idea).We were there about 6 hours and we left w/ meds for naseua, acid reflux, antibiotics and klonodine. She detoxed the next 3 days at home. I hope you hear from him soon....
Old 10-04-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I always said that 'restoring me to sanity' was like going back to somewhere I'd never been before!

Seriously I have no experience with detox. There was no detox for me as I went straight into a 30 day inpatient rehab. I was a daily IV meth user, and it wasn't like a heroin user who gets sick from withdrawals.

I know it's hard not hearing anything from him. I'm sending you big hugs from another mom of an addict. :ghug3