HP always provides

Old 10-02-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HP always provides

A huge concern for Amber has been finding somewhere to pasture her horses this winter with shelter. The a-hole ABF of hers won't let any of the horses into the barn out at the farm because apparently the horses knocked over some work stuff of his. I shall not launch into a diatribe on that however.

Lo and behold, the one place that was 'iffy' came through, and they will only be two blocks away. It's in city limits, but on about 25 acres, with a huge pond, behind a very nice house. The horses have about a 40' length of shelter on the east side of the huge metal building on the property, with 2 small paddocks.

We were cleaning it all up today because the prior renters of the pasture with horses left it beyond description. The good news is they left behind a heater for the horses' water tank, which Amber just got a 100 gallon tank on sale yesterday. They also left a round bale feeder out there.

There are 2 huge apple trees in the pasture, so I spent about an hour picking/sorting apples. Amber's miniature horse was a neglect case who had already foundered, so she gets oats while the others get sweet feed. Last thing Amber needs is her foundering again on a glut of apples.

The owners of the property seem very nice. He came down to talk to us a couple of times today while we were cleaning the paddocks. He's only charging $75 a month, there are lights throughout the shelter, and he's not charging for water usage either.

I believe they have 4 children, 2 who will be starting 4-H this year, and they had asked Amber if she could teach the kids a little bit about horse care and safety, which she's glad to do.

Having the horses out at the farm was the last big card her ABF would throw on the table in order to control her, so too bad, so sad, I'm glad he's mad!

I have missed being able to see the horses except when she would bring them to town to ride down at the arena, so it will be a big treat for me to head a couple blocks down and see them whenever I want to.

I told her today things do work out, but sometimes we get impatient, you know?

Now whether she ever gets enough self-respect to finally kick the ABF to the curb remains to be seen, but that's her problem, and not mine.

It was nice to get outside today and help out with the clean-up. Now it's back to the books for me!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am brought back to times when I had to find housing for my horses and somehow it all seemed to work out. I would always pray at night that they would land on green grass in a safe pasture and I like you, had to clean up some crazy looking paddocks and fix a lot of fences, always well worth the effort. They have always been looked after from above.
In turn they get all that I can provide in the way of good food, good love, and the best medicine I can afford.

I am so delighted for Amber to have found a spot that is affordable, comfortable, and close to home!! Having them safe and sound will go a long way towards giving her confidence to make some tough decisions going forward. I know it made a world of difference of me!!

Give those horses some smooches for me. My favorite spot is just behind the ear.
Ahh heaven!

Alice
Old 10-02-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
Give those horses some smooches for me. My favorite spot is just behind the ear.
Ahh heaven!
Sonny loves to have his velvety nose kissed after I whisper sweet nothings in his ear! Argo seems to be following in his footsteps. Apache is still deciding whether he likes that or not!

Little Tinkerbell is still wary of me, but having treats in hand is usually enough to let me pet her a bit. Smooches are a long ways off with that one!

I'll try to get some pictures once they are settled into their new surroundings.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Guess HP had slightly different ideas on priorities, and getting the horses settled was number 1. So now, with that worry off her shoulders and not taking up thinking space in her head, she will have time and energy to spend with her problem ABF.

Hopefully he will blot his copybook BIGTIME, and Amber, with her precious horses settled happily, will give him the boot out of her life. (and out of your hair, Von)

Here's hoping for it, and praying for you both.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Guess HP had slightly different ideas on priorities, and getting the horses settled was number 1. So now, with that worry off her shoulders and not taking up thinking space in her head, she will have time and energy to spend with her problem ABF.

Hopefully he will blot his copybook BIGTIME, and Amber, with her precious horses settled happily, will give him the boot out of her life. (and out of your hair, Von)

Here's hoping for it, and praying for you both.
I have faith she still has lessons to learn with that butt-head, and I'm not going to hold my breath!

He does still have one more ceiling fan to install for me, and ceilings to paint as we struck a deal when I got flea-control for the dogs/cats out there as well as for my zoo crew.

He also has sub-flooring and tile to lay for me in the living room which he is being paid for, so I'd like to get that done ASAP. Unfortunately it's deer season here now, so he's off toting his firearms in the woods on the weekends. Ugh. Frigging neanderthal is what he is, in addition to being an alcoholic.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh great! A gun totin' cave man loose after moose. WOW.

HP has your list of homework for butt-head to do I hope.....providing he doesn't blow some body bits off himself, that is.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((DeVon))) - SO happy the horses have a new, safe place, and that it's close to you

I'll keep praying that Neanderthal does what he's supposed to, and that Amber learns to get real tired of him, really quick.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Guns and alcohol... my favorite combination.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Oh great! A gun totin' cave man loose after moose. WOW.

I love the way you describe things, Jad!

It will be interesting to see how things unfold in the future. The house/property out in the country are his mother's and former stepdad's. His mother has been off in Canada for 5 weeks with some rich yoyo she met on the internet.

She's coming back Tuesday. The property/house has been up for sale for over a year now. She's moving to Canada permanently.

He's not the least bit interested in taking over the property/house as in buying it.

Personally I wish he would go back to New York where he's originally from. He nagged on Amber to move back with him, and she flat out said that was not an option.

Like I said before, she's still got lessons to learn. God knows I had my fair share of painful dysfunctional relationships before I hit my bottom in codependency. I have faith things are as they should be at this time.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have faith things are as they should be at this time.

Love hearing this today! Acceptance of that brings such peace, doesn't it? Amen.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ItsmeAlice View Post
I have faith things are as they should be at this time.

Love hearing this today! Acceptance of that brings such peace, doesn't it? Amen.
Indeed it does.

The good news is the horses are doing well so far. She saddled Sonny up yesterday and rode him around the perimeter of the pasture, and rechecked fences. She did keep them contained to the paddocks/shelter last night, and opened the pasture gate after lunch today. I hope they continue to do well!