:-(
Peace
B
Old 10-04-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

So, so sorry, kia...
Old 10-04-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((Kia))) the first thought on my mind, as I woke up this morning, was that "this is the day", and I've been praying and sending hugs to you all day.

Amy
Old 10-04-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Wishing you strength and sending you hugs today (((kia)))
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Also thinking of you today Kia.
(((hugs))))
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

kia, wishing you the best during this transition. I would have my heart broken - take care, and let us know how you are doing. HUGS from me and the cats.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I had my beagle for 17 years until I lost him to a brain tumor. To be honest, nothing helped but time. After more than 3 years I finally was able to give my heart to a new dog and he is laying here beside me now.
I will keep you in my thoughts for a long time, wishing you peace. Many people forget quickly when you lose a dog, but the grieving process can be a lengthy one.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
kia

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Kia))) the first thought on my mind, as I woke up this morning, was that "this is the day", and I've been praying and sending hugs to you all day.

Amy
dont cos im trying so hard to hold things together i got a meeting tonite too talk about timing but i cant miss it there important but i think there will be tears thanks though eh app is 3.30 this afternoon it been now 09.40
Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

oh kia I am thinking about you and your pal today. The pain of losing a loved one is so hard.

My vet gave me this when I lost my very best friend about 5 years ago. I did not think I would ever heal from that loss. Now is not the time to look at it--but when you are able. . .it made me cry--but it is so true. It helped me grieve because I was so lost without him. Their love is so unconditional. We are so lucky to have them in our lives.

Huge hugs to you kia.

Just My Dog

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself.

He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.

His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever — in case I need him. And I expect I will — as I always have. He is just my dog
Old 10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hope you're ok Kia, was thinking of you today. x
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and your much-loved dog today Kia....sending you gentle ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Peace-
B
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
kia

she passed very peacefully and with us her family beside her holding her and she had such a look of peace on her face that wasnt there before so even though it hurt i know it was the right thing to do the vet said it too and she was brill even let us sit with her after and was no rush to leave was left to us i think the seeing her in pain all the time was kinda worse even though it was upsetting but it was worse seeing her struggling to work and to even just get up so am ok and went to my al anon meeting last night which i will talk about in another thread thanks to everyone for all your support i felt that when i was there xx
Old 10-06-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

RIP doggah