falling off that ol' wagon

Old 10-03-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It's Day 4 of no husband. The police say they still don't know where he is. They tried the hotel where they thought he was but he didn't check in--no one with his name or description. No one fitting his description has been brought into a hospital or arrested.

So either: 1. he's dead, 2. he's not dead and is living/staying somewhere.

I keep having to convince myself that it's probably the latter. I'm still moving forward with my apartment. Got my list of things to do.

Will work on novel this afternoon. Then maybe make a loaf of bread? Get out and see a movie? I don't know.

There's been heavy rain this morning and the flood sirens have sounded. I know it sounds really strange but I hope I'm able to get to work tomorrow! I need the distraction of my clients...

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Wow akrasia, I really hope he's found soon. Has he gone off like this before? I don't recall you saying that he has.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

No, he hasn't. In the past if he's gone to a hotel, he's texted or phoned me to tell me so.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

A funny story in all this. I think I've mentioned that husband is normally one of those people everyone can count on. He's always helping people out. (Wish he would just say NO rather than diving into alcohol phases, but there you are.)

So there's this acquaintance of ours for whom husband helped set up her new home computer, laptop, etc. (For free, as a favor.) He came home from doing that and he had a detailed description of hair color she wanted him or me to buy for her.

I was like, "Why are we buying her hair dye?"

He said, "I guess you can only get it at [store close to us] and she doesn't often come to this part of town."

I picked some up for her, which he passed on. Turns out it wasn't the quite the right shade. I said oh, that was all they had. I returned it, and told her maybe she could get them to special-order her shade or something.

And then yesterday this woman left several messages on our answering machine for husband, "Oh my computer's all messed up again! Can't get things to print! Any chance you can come by today? Oh, and that store ordered my hair dye and it's behind the counter any time you want to stop by there and pick it up, that would be great!"

Finally I got fed up and phoned her back. "[Husband]'s not feeling well. He won't be able to fix your computer." And then I admit I sort of rushed her off the phone, saying, "Okay, thanks, bye."

Then later in the day she telephoned again! She actually said, "Hey, about that hair dye? I actually found someone to pick it up for me, I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to worry about picking it up today."

BECAUSE I WAS REALLY WORRIED ABOUT HER MOTHER[REDACTED]ING HAIR DYE.

I admit I just said coldly, "Good to know," and let her ab-dab for a while before ending the call.

Cheeky-chops.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I don't know what to say.

Big hugs, hang in there.