This just seemed so pertinent.....

Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awakening

This just seemed so pertinent.....

Some times I feel like I'm bombarding everyone with "outside" information, but there are often threads here about the importance of who we "allow into our lives". I think it is key to our ultimate happiness.

This is once again from the DailyOm:

September 24, 2010
Loving Presence
Surround Yourself with Love

Even though it might not always seem like we have much control over who we are with in our life- we do.

In our everyday life we are surrounded by a variety of people. Some of the people we deal with on a daily basis are a joy to be with, and their loving presence nurtures and encourages us. Others may have the opposite effect, draining us of our energy, making us feel tired and exhausted. Our well-being can be easily influenced by those around us, and if we can keep this in mind, we will have greater insights into the quality of our social interactions and their energetic effect on us.

Once we think more deeply about the people we interact with, it becomes easier for us to work toward filling our lives with people who help us cultivate healthy and positive relationships. Even though it might not always seem like we have much control over who we are with, we do. The power to step back from toxicity lies within us. All we have to do is take a few moments to reflect on how another person makes you feel. Assessing the people we spend the most time with allows us to see if they add something constructive to, or subtract from, our lives. Should a friend sap our strength, for example, we can simply set the intention to tell them how we feel or simply spend less time with them. We will find that the moment we are honest with ourselves about our own feelings, the more candid we can be with others about how they make us feel. While this may involve some drastic changes to our social life it can bring about a personal transformation that will truly empower us, since the decision to live our truth will infuse our lives with greater happiness.

When we surround ourselves with positive people, we clear away the negativity that exists around us and create more room to welcome nurturing energy. Doing this not only enriches our lives but also envelopes us in a supportive and healing space that fosters greater growth, understanding, and love of ourselves as well as those we care about.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Hallelujah Coyote thank you for posting this!!! Cause this is what I am working on. I feel like I've been working on it forever and getting nowhere.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Coyote))) - LOVE the reading.

FWIW, I don't feel like you've EVER "bombarded" us with outside information. I thoroughly look forward to your posts, and want to know the latest with you and Miss LMC.

You, like most here, always show me what life-in-recovery-from-codependency is like. We got through the good and the bad, and I love that we can do it here. There are so many times I read something that reminds me "I'm not alone" in my feelings, or "if he/she can get through THIS, then I can get through MY stuff".

We may not physically know each other, but I feel like the people here are family.

I've been trying to surround myself with supportive people, have to deal with some dysfunctional ones at work (and home), but I'm getting way better at letting them HAVE they're dysfunction without it affecting me....thanks to you and all the people here

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love it, I needed this, thank you! :ghug3
Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep on bombing, Coyote.....You haven't had a miss hit here yet, and this last one is perfect timing for me.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great read! Words for thought, then action!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks Buddy. Great great stuff.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

perfect timing for me too.

Great stuff.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

awesome information and just what I needed to hear this morning! great reminder as i move forward to take care of ME!! thanks, such wise words!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Coyote - a great, calming, and empowering direction for meditation!
Peace-
B