I'm in shock

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Oh wow. My AH to a T!!!! I always wondered how he was going to have a worse menstrual cramp than mine!
What, you've never heard of the "sympathy menstrual cramp"? I used to get 'em all the time, and I'm sure mine were worse than hers.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

This rings true with XAH. YouTube - "Man Cold" from Man Stroke Woman
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow. Holy cow. I'm wondering when I will cease to be amazed by the similarities between STBXAH and other A's. I was going to post that I think it's possible to approach your AH's claim with some cautious compassion without getting sucked back into a relationship. I think though, after reading your recent post, you already see that. BTW, I really like the yoga sutra you posted. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks Cynical One for posting the link back to the manipulation thread. I definitely needed a reminder about why STBXAH's actions were not and are not acceptable.

I really just have to share (because I'm still flabbergasted that some one could lie about something like this): After I left STBXAH, he put on an "I have cancer" play when he got tired of crashing at his alcoholic/addict friend's house, and when his own paycheck was no longer enough for the alcohol and whatever else he wanted. He went so far as to ask me for a ride and have me drop him off "for treatment" the morning right before our DS had surgery. The entire thing was a lie and another manipulation, a "Look, I'm so, so sick. I want to come back and I'm giving you what I think you'll believe is a valid reason to cater to my every need again."

Of course, I'm seeing all of the manipulation in hindsight, but I'm glad I see it now.

Take care of yourself.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

My STBXAH went so far as to discuss with me how he could totally relate to a relative who had cancer....after what "he had been through".

He got angry with me when I said, "You didn't have cancer."

It's always all about them. Always.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
My STBXAH went so far as to discuss with me how he could totally relate to a relative who had cancer....after what "he had been through".

He got angry with me when I said, "You didn't have cancer."

It's always all about them. Always.
LOL

he has cancer all right. his personality.