Small Victory Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

this is a wonderful thread! I have filled out application for new apartment and moving forward packing and keeping things in order.
Yesterday had nice "talk" with AH about my departure and my honest hopes for myself and for him, separate from eachother as friends, if that is possible.
Made several responsible, though difficult, decisions for my move up north and feel good about that.
So far, so good for me taking care of myself and being sure to keep my eye on the ball to not fall into the role of trying to take care of my other family members. I feel very empowered and proud of myself and my decisions. That is a big change for me.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone, for your inspiring victories! I loved reading them.

Today I actually followed through on the visit with the lawyer! Learned I have serious exposure to alimony, and learned more about my options. It was very empowering to have that information. Not sure yet how I will act on it, but definitely proud of myself for doing it. One thing I am going to do--the lawyer advised me to start stashing money away "under the mattress." I've been so focused on my debt, I haven't thought about saving money for myself, but I'm definitely going to start protecting myself in that area.

Tonight I am going to map out weeknights for AlAnon and yoga classes, and schedule at least a night a week for each. I have been way too resistant to going back to AlAnon, and as for yoga, I don't know why I haven't made time for it before this--my son even gave me a gift card for classes for my birthday last year and I haven't even taken advantage of it yet!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love this thread!
Yesterday and today ~ I did not throttle anyone at work during our MASSIVE technology conversion (even though I wanted to) -and-
I started and have stayed on my healthy eating diet this week... even though there were trays of delicious goodies in my work area and I didn't get lunch until very late.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Awakening

Yoga tonight in about an hour, been looking forward to it all week.

Thanks for starting the thread Solo. Alimony for dead beat husbands, the times they are a changing.

Oh, and I didn't throttle any one today either, even though many would have benefited.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Found shoes for Homecoming.

Yeah, I know it's not MY small victory - but if she can't find shoes it ends up being my issue you know?

Dress down, shoes down, bling next.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

coyote - I got behind a 2mph turner today, and a check writer.

Nothing sets me off more than inconsiderate people.

Yes, the row of 20 cars behind you also wish to make this turn in this light cycle, move it you inconsiderate person.

And if you must write a check in this day and age of electronic money, please have your things ready when you get checked out, and please don't chat chat chat with the checkout employees rather than write your check, the 10 people behind you may just have someplace they need to be in the next 40 minutes.

So, I didn't throttle anyone, but I'm sure no closer to being serene about rude people.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well done SW.....I love the ones who do 70 in our 100 zones, and speed up in passing lanes.

Hope neither of us meet this "driver".

Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah, 10 miles under the speed limit during rush hour seems to be the new passive aggressive thing around here.

Jerks.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Yeah, 10 miles under the speed limit during rush hour seems to be the new passive aggressive thing around here.

Jerks.
My advice. Buy a retired police car.

Wanted to comment on your grocery store story, I was behind one yesterday, shortest line mind you. She was digging in the bottom of her gigantic purse for the "exact change" F-O-R E-V-E-R. Nice.

However, she was OLD, yes older than me! I always give the ones like in Jad's picture a "free pass", saves by blood pressure spiking.

Small victory=realizing what was going on, realizing my powerlessness, gazing off into the distance picturing myself under a palm tree on a tropic beach enjoying a virgin pina colada. By the way the virgin pina colada is only ONE thing.

We have a saying in my little family, "the shortest checkout line is rarely the shortest".

And yes, check writers, come on, it's the 21 century. I have a friend in Alanon, stuck in the 80's. Banks by check at his hometown Michigan bank.... by SNAIL MAIL! Nothing beats a 2 week turn around time on a banking issue.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The elderly get a pass, though that's no good reason for being inconsiderate.

We have a lot of retirees+ around here.

The traffic this morning was a total disaster. I never intended to stay in this area, or settle down here at all. And here I sit stuck.

Bleh.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I like this thread. I have gone no contact with XAH finally for good in the last 30 days. I don't listen to my negative mind chatter...(itty-bitty-******-committee)...I purposefully did not take something my boss said personally...knowing she is a pot smoker and is whacko...I want to start exercising and want to lose 20 lbs. I have a plan. I sold a house and was proud of taking that action even though I lost $. The house was in the neighborhood of the X. I like this thread! Damn we're good.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I am so excited about many different things and wanted to share my "mojo"

-Spent $100 buying an exam training software so I can better prepare for an exam due on December. The pressure is on but I feel better with this step.

For YEARS I thought I was not smart enough for this certification. This is the first out of three exams and I will officially be a professional. I feel my ambition growing. HAH! the truth is that I have always done well in exams and much better than peers. For some reason I didn't believe it though and got stuck. But the geek Tc999 is BACK! and ready to kick a$$ on the exam!

- creative stuff. There is some card game which is very popular and has GREAT artwork. I emailed them and they sent me an address so I can send my PORTFOLIO of digital work. I got like, NOTHING? but many many ideas. Now I REALLY got to start painting, taking pictures, editing, etc. and hopefully they'll like something and they will create a card based on my art!! that would be SUPER!!! and the best part is that I NOW believe my work is as good as anyone's and worth being shown, printed, admired, used, BOUGHT... YAY

- Purses and other stuff. I finally saw a purse that was SO ugly and SO expensive in an online store, that I decided I could do better and use recycled/ecological material. I found a company that prvides a material I like. I got prices and now choosing 2 colors I like as a test.... now I know NOTHING about sewing etc, but I am creative and will learn! the funny thing is that I already got 2 buyers and they haven't even seen them ?? I do not even know 100% what the design will be like. They don't even exist yet and they are sold. Wow!!

- Immigration. After much pondering I am having a feeling it is for the best and I may as well try. I am starting to believe I got a chance. So I reserved a date to have an advisor let me know what my chances are to get the Australian visa. My family supports me. The other day waiting to cross the street and receiving the Nth nasty cat call it was another "moment" where it was like, ITS ENOUGH. I need to live where other people know about RESPECT just like I do. So thanks, pervert losers, for pushing me to seek something better.

-my Mom's wardrobe. Tomorrow we will get some BOOTS for her. She has NEVER worn boots!!!!!!!!!! today she saw many fashionable women of all ages and got motivated. I did her makeup, straightened her hair, took her some pics and she looks very very pretty. I am excited she is also seeing herself as I see her! beautiful !!

The best thing from all this is that the outcomes don't matter as much, nor the process to "get there", what I am feeling is my own power to lead my life towards a happier me and that is so wonderful and new and priceless I feel like crying!!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

OMG, takingcharge, you are really TAKING CHARGE! Awesome!

I love all the creative endeavors you have going--to me it says you are really thinking about what YOU can give the world, and are actively making that happen. I find that when I'm all entangled in crazy codie stuff, my creative pursuits are the first to go...

The immigration thing is great too--just one step at a time and you'll get there.

so congratulations! And keep us posted. Very inspiring stuff!