My story unfolding

Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story unfolding

Well - its been interesting.
First - thanks so much for recommending "codependent no more" -- I think that was Pelican. All I can say it has truly opened my eyes to myself and has completely changed my life.

Since our separation on 13th August things have unfolded in ways I could never have predicted. At my side - I reached out on here and got answers, and the tools I needed to realise that I had plenty of issues of my own and get busy fixing them. I have a completely new outlook on life now and am working each day to make sure that I don't slip back into my old ways.
I also realise that many of you are dealing with situations so much worse than mine ever got which gave me a great deal of perspective but also makes me sad for you, yet aware of how bad things can get.

RAH has detoxed and been 3 weeks without a drink. He is working through the AA book and reading these forums too. I guess going back to America caused him to hit bottom. He did it by himself with no hope of future reconcilation from me. I only found out he had done it 2 weeks into his recovery.

In the last week we have communicated on MSN and our conversations have been productive to say the least. My mind is open and so is my heart - but I am sitting back, enjoying each and every day with a whole new approach to living, and waiting to see what unfolds. Something certainly does move in mysterious ways.

I see myself as lucky at this point. Lucky I have my life and my feelings under control. Lucky that I can see a big picture. Lucky that I have been able to forgive myself for all the mistakes I made and let go of all the anger and resentment that built up in 3 years of our life together. Lucky that, no matter what the outcome is, I have finally understood what real happiness is.
I am lucky I found this place, or was guided to it.
Thanks all of you
Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

its time for HEALING and GRIEVING, its all natural....enjoy every single day...its so worth it...
Old 09-27-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, CNM is an amazing book that speaks my truth..glad you found this place!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good for you, Free. I am moving forward too and feeling better and better. I'm looking forward to be where you are and having productive conversations with my AH from afar. you are a wonderful example for me and i thank you for that! enjoy your serenity!