Fantasy or reality

Old 09-23-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fantasy or reality

This feels like it's going to be a weird question, but I'm going for it anyway. Is it normal to fantasize about how you'd like your life to be?

I find myself doing it a lot lately. Mostly it's about meeting the perfect man and falling madly in love. Sometimes it's based around an actual person other times it's pure fantasy. Usually I fall asleep fantasizing and sometimes the story line becomes so elaborate that it can go on for days. Then I start to wonder if this is healthy or if I'm just trying to escape reality.

Am I totally off my rocker or do other people do this too?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

from what i'm reading in a book called "The secret by Rhonda Byrne" "seeing" the life you want is what we are supposed to do to get it. My questions for myself are am i seeing a healthy choice of life. I don't think you are off your rocker, but...and this is a big but, I'm a little crooked myself, though i do think that is normal too, hahaha. afterall, being completely sane is a little over rated. You do whatever helps you feel positive, that is what i think, but i am no expert and as long as you know the difference between real and not, you're okay. enjoy the ride!! I'm actually writing the story of my new life, but it doesn't include anyone perfect, just me and i'm not perfect by any stretch!! haha...though i am perfectly imperfect and proud of that.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Um...I do this all the time! I think it's healthy to dream and imagine what if.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me when I was super unhappy in my marriage I was fantasizing all the time. it was my brain trying to escape the misery, I think. Now when I fantasize its about running away.I tend to fantasize more when things are bad . However, you may just be trying out new stuff in your head and seeing how it fits! Unless it is interefering w/ you "real "life probably not aproble..dream on!:rotfxko
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by BklynGrl View Post
This feels like it's going to be a weird question, but I'm going for it anyway. Is it normal to fantasize about how you'd like your life to be?

I find myself doing it a lot lately. Mostly it's about meeting the perfect man and falling madly in love. Sometimes it's based around an actual person other times it's pure fantasy. Usually I fall asleep fantasizing and sometimes the story line becomes so elaborate that it can go on for days. Then I start to wonder if this is healthy or if I'm just trying to escape reality.

Am I totally off my rocker or do other people do this too?
I can't speak for you, but yes, I am totally off my rocker. But not in a bad way, I consider myself a visionary. Ha!

I bought a copy of "The Secret" on CD, because I'm FAR too lazy to be turning pages.

It's called visualization. If it feels like fantasizing like when you were a kid, then you are doing it right.

My daughter, LMC (Little Miss Coyote) and I do it all the time. We have fun conversations about her "imaginary" mom, Abigale all the time.

"The Secret", and many others by the way, contend that our thoughts send out vibrations into the universe and attract things/people with like vibrations. LMC and I even have vision boards (google it) with pictures of our next house, cars, Abigale, dogs, screen porches, ponds, all the things in life we want and deserve.

Sounds kookie, but it works for me!

BTW Missphit, I'm not in the least surprised to hear that you are reading "The Secret". However, I do recommend the CD because I had to listen 6 hours a day for months for it all to sink in, but then maybe I'm challenged? IDK.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I fantasize all the time....but mine are about places I want to go and things I want to do.
And, as often as I can....I turn them into realities.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm off to go find an audio version of The Secret for my ipod.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have always done this. For the longest time I fantasized about my husband being the man I needed him to be and that was only a waste of time since he is not capable of being that man while drinking. Now I fantasize about being ALONE, and in my own place with my kids and being a strong independent woman. There is NO man in my fantasies now!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Originally Posted by BklynGrl View Post
I'm off to go find an audio version of The Secret for my ipod.
You will not be sorry.....When I applied this to my life diligently....the things that happened for me were mind blowing...but like anything else with me, I fall off track and then stop practicing what worked....I'm slowly getting back in the groove.

I compare it to having a car that is out of alignment and keeps pulling to the right....you have to constantly get back to the middle of your lane......Stay focused and centered