first step

Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kia

first step

going to my first meeting tonite of al anon and very nervous wish me luck mind u cant make things any worse than they already are im as low as i can go and i know not to give up on first meeting cos might take time to feel better
Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh thats fantastic - I wish you well with that.
I found a meeting that I could get to in terms of distance but it clashes with Karate!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brilliant, Kia!! Did you call that number and get a lift?

Hope you enjoy the meeting. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
kia

well ex hubby is taking me tonite and i dunno about next week think he knows i need to go am very nervous though gotta be said
Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is where pain is a blessing. Your pain is now going to force you to take a good look at life and you. This is not about your ex, though you may think so when you get there, but about how you can empower yourself to make you and others around you happier.
My 1st Al Anon meeting was one year ago tomorrow and I was as scared as a kitten.
I didn't talk the first few meetings.
Take it all in slowly

Good luck, keep us posted
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
kia

i will do thanks summer but it will help u think though cos right now im broke and dunno how to get up again
Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kia, just think of the people there just like us on here. But with real life hugs.

If it's anything like the meetings I've been to, you'll be welcomed with open arms and a cup of tea. Just mention to the first person you see that you're there for the al-anon meeting and that it's your first time and you'll be looked after. Don't forget, one of the reasons people are there is that they are good at looking after folk!
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I sobbed throughout my first couple of meetings, couldn't share, just sobbed, they were all just so lovely, and had seen it all before so nothing was a shock to them, good luck kia, let us know what you think when you come back! oh and if someone offers you a phone number take it!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kia

it went well just got back now it helped i had learned alot of the terms from here before i went i feel much calmer now dare say its early days but yes was welcomed with cup of tea and warm feelings from everyone i had to leave though early as my lift was waiting and i was already late at that point but will make sure i dont leave too early next week but its giving me hope hearing others talking about it i couldnt talk not yet maybe next time but they do make new comers reall welcome i felt quite honoured dont think they get many new ones there which is odd as alcoholism is such a rife problem i do feel however i know have a life line to pull me in its not a quick fix though as they said theres no button to press to make it right i just need to work on me
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yay Kia!!! Well done - I know how much courage it takes to do something like that when your head's a mess. I was thinking about you at 7.30 (actually, I was also hoping that the info on that I gave you was still current and that you hadn't gone in vain, so phew!)

So, what was the topic tonight? Did you get any telephone numbers? Does anyone live near you? Did you pick up any leaflets?

So proud of you.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kia

yes i got some leaflets and no phone numbers but i couldnt stay too long so maybe next time im there will do ill make sure i take me phone so i can stay as long as i need to cos as didnt know what time it finished id asked to be picked up 5 mins after it finished and it ran over so next time will sort it better but was all about last min so think i did ok and the topic was new comers fo course for me sweet eh and im proud of me do u know for first time in along time ive smiled tonite and ive turned off msn cos dont want to speak to him first step eh of letting go i feel such a sense of a path opening up im mean it still hurts but now i know theres hope and i know i can laugh again and its ok to do that i feel really good and for now i like that i know it wont last but for now i like it xxxx
Old 09-21-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm smiling now too And why would it not last? I bet you made a lot of other people happy too tonight that they could help you out - meetings are all about newcomers. How many in the group?

And great idea about MSN.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
kia

was quite a few more than i thought ermm about 17 i think some came in late though and yep isnt it first time ive felt actually i dont want to talk to him and spoil my mood or bring me down so am going to bed now to sleep peacefully for first time in along time nite bolina xxxx
Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sleep tight.
xx
Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sweet Dreams Kia.
I mean that from the heart.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

OOH lovely! I'm so glad you went and got some peace out of it!

It takes a lot to pluck up the courage and go through those doors, be very proud
Old 09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Well done Kia, well done!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Am made up for you Kia, you took such a big step tonight and am so pleased it helped and made you feel better! You should be hugely proud of yourself!!!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

good for you, kia, so glad you are stepping in a good direction. very glad...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
kia

i very nearly cried there were tears at the end and took alot of control i didnt know i had to not do i know i got along road to go but i do feel proud i did it cos it feels like im doing something for me now but the stuff they said about well will be alot to think about it one thing i liked which i remembered was this woman said she learned to switch off when stuff happpened to other ppl and she would say oh im sorry about whats happened but let me know how it goes and she said the looks on her older kids faces when she said that was priceless like ermm why isnt mum sorting this as usual cos she said she couldnt just sort out her own life she had to try fix everything just like me i thought identified with it and will defo use that