OT BF leaves today - join the Lindt chocolate challenge

Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Arrow OT BF leaves today - join the Lindt chocolate challenge

Your mission, if you are going to accept it, is to remember buying a Lindt chocolate (red is my favorite but you pick yours) and enjoy it as celebration of my new life living by myself after 2 years of drama since I moved to a new city.

My mom will be with me so next Sunday is my First Night Alone. You still have all this week to find the appropiate chocolate. I am so very happy - there are 3 rooms, in one I am placing my painting stuff, in another one the work-related clothes/books, and the 3d one will be where I sleep/meditate.

As I got NO furniture, the great space supposed to be the "lobby/living room/kitchen" is going to be my Yoga room.

I plan to buy a huge mirror, according to Feng Shui one shouldn't have mirrors that only show a part of you. I am thinking of sticking to these colors: chocolate brown, orange and green. Also a rustic table for 2 is needed. For Christmas I am planning to ask Santa claus for a Cat tree. A happy household...

Remember the chocolate! and thanks all for your support!! I already feel the peace and the silence... no TV anymore, either.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I love Lindt chocolates and the red ones are my favorite, too! I have to be careful though because my daughter and I will sit and eat the entire bag while watching TV.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Now here is one celebration I will join! I love chocolate!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love the black bag ones, my dad always has them in the house. It's funny because I'd been living there for the past month and just moved back home last week. When I went shopping I grabbed a bag, but ended up switching them out for dark chocolate covered pretzels at the last minute.

I've been eating them every night and enjoying having my own space!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ya know, your challenge is a burden but I will be happy to accept it if it will help you.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

This is great news. Bueno!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleSquirrel View Post
Ya know, your challenge is a burden but I will be happy to accept it if it will help you.

I'm with purplesquirrel. If I must eat some good chocolate, I will, and think of your freedom. As a matter of fact, since it is a beautiful day here, I might just walk up to Walgreens, and pick some up. Just for a taste test.

:ghug3
Old 09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As a self-proclaimed chocolate addict, I proudly take up this challenge for your TC
Old 09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Accepted. If they are out of Lindt I'll get that Maya Gold orange chocolate!
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I didn't know that about mirrors. I will surely remember that when I relocate.

I accept your challenge!! I place so few limitations on my chocolate choices. It's one of the few ways I can control my sweet tooth. I have actually left the candy aisle empty handed because I just couldn't decide.

Will an assorted collection suffice?? LOL!

Remember, the less furnature...the more dancing!!

Alice
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
Your mission, if you are going to accept it, is to remember buying a Lindt chocolate (red is my favorite but you pick yours) and enjoy it as celebration of my new life living by myself after 2 years of drama since I moved to a new city.

My mom will be with me so next Sunday is my First Night Alone. You still have all this week to find the appropiate chocolate. I am so very happy - there are 3 rooms, in one I am placing my painting stuff, in another one the work-related clothes/books, and the 3d one will be where I sleep/meditate.

As I got NO furniture, the great space supposed to be the "lobby/living room/kitchen" is going to be my Yoga room.

I plan to buy a huge mirror, according to Feng Shui one shouldn't have mirrors that only show a part of you. I am thinking of sticking to these colors: chocolate brown, orange and green. Also a rustic table for 2 is needed. For Christmas I am planning to ask Santa claus for a Cat tree. A happy household...

Remember the chocolate! and thanks all for your support!! I already feel the peace and the silence... no TV anymore, either.

Oh, It's gonna be soooo wonderful! soooo happy for you.
Thanks for inviting me and us all to join you in your happy celebration of life- I love the Lindt chocolates- gonna get the blue ones, I think.

big excited hugs sent your way!!!
chicory
Old 09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Chocolate? Really? Gee, I don't know. Well for you TC, I will make the sacrifice
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm in. But only because I'm feeling group pressure....I'm picking up a big bag of the red ones on my way home from work. Anybody tried the peanut butter filled ones? Oh my....
Old 09-14-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am definitely up for the TakingCharge chocolate challenge! It's a good cause, after all.

TC, I am so excited for you and your new place. Isn't it great to be able to pick whatever colors YOU want? Your own little sanctuary. Of course, it's only fair that your cat(s) pick out something for the new place too, so I'm sure Santa can handle a cat tree.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love no TV!!! Cat trees are even better though because my one saved my sofa!

Will keep an eye out for the chocs too but am trying to be good, hehe!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

The chocolate invitation seems to be going down a storm TC! Count me in. I'm lactose intolerant though so I'm afraid I will have to 'force' myself to get some Green & Black's plain chocolate...maybe Mayan Gold...or Mint...or...Yum...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I offered to wash his clothes so still got some of his stuff - only because my cats left a lot of hairs. I had asked him to sweep my mom's room, he didn't do it. We arrive, trash bags are still outside... why am I surprised...?

Oh oh - he wanted to take MY DVD player. Just like that. "Can I take the DVD player?". Right I said " NO? its.. mine??" UGH. At least he left our only "shared property", our TV, so it may account for something. Planning on renting "desperate housewives" and watching it with my mom.

I am so glad I am still single and haven't messed up my life wedding someone, I am grateful my "losses" are still nothing compared to what could have been...

Oh oh - about housing - by now the state lends me a sum (small but still enough for a house). He has not met the conditions for this benefit so this is the amount he has now to buy a house: 0. I am planning on renting another year then perhaps I may start looking for my own house!! YAY!!

Just venting. Yesterday while my mom slept I started cleaning and really enjoyed it. And I noticed eventhough he enjoyed my cats he never ever bought anything for them or helped clean the litter tray. So I got angry -the good angry. I will change the locks, too. And am gladly packing the stuff he left. Be my guest. He wanted me to keep his stuff "for a while". I asked how much of "a while" that was- he said "about a month" LOL. Am I really that dumb?? obviously it ain't happening !!

I know the next steps are going to be tougher... Ah, the silence. I am so grateful...

Today is our Independence day (200 years of independence from Spain) and he said he would probably go out with his friends... I am SO GLAD when he comes back drunk or in whichever state, it will be somewhere else not MY apartment. I was invited to a Mexican party in a sports club, with folklore dancing and everything, with my mom, my girlfriend, therapist and others in the group therapy. It will be fun and I have NO ONE to "worry about" ANYMORE! looking forward to the food and music and dressing up in our typical attire.

Thanks all for joining the challenge! to US... oh and I am also lactose-intolerant but there are some pills that help with that... you got to start taking them 2 days before eating something with lactose though.. anyway as far as its a treat for you, it counts
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm joining you for chocolate too....congrats....i have a huge lindt bar waiting at home, now i have an *excuse* to indulge!

maybe you want to change the locks sooner rather than later, in case he *forgets* he no longer lives there?

enjoy your clean, peaceful environment.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

OK, I read this post again. . .and now I want chocolate NOW But alas there is none in the house. But I will wait for the celebration. I am a dark chocolate person. . .may need to stop off at a place where they have this intensely dark chocolate. Looking forward to the celebration.

I cannot believe he asked if he could take your DVD player.

Very cool about the prospect of your own house. The house we live in now is the first house I have ever bought alone. Sometimes it is a little scary but every day I walk in and there is no sign of him around. Yes, there is the chaos of the kids--but for the most part it is a peaceful place. I think it is just that the constant tension is gone. My ears are no longer pinned to my shoulders and I no longer have to hear any more whining about what he is being forced to eat for dinner (I was a vegetarian before I met him and he could not stand it if there was not meat in the meal). The freedom to do things as simple as deciding tonight's meal will be popcorn and nachos while watching a goofy movie (I love redbox!) is just a heck of a lot more fun.

Peace, it is such a nice thing.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I have eaten chocolate just for you TC LOL!, although I had to go Bookwyrms suggestion and have G&B's dark chocolate.

I'm so pleased you are sounding upbeat, I'm sure there will be other moments when you aren't, but enjoy that peace and harmony in your home.