SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Complaint Department (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/20892-complaint-department.html)

smoke gets in my eyes 10-22-2003 05:34 PM

Complaint Department

Okaaaaaaay. We're powerless. Got it. But there are still some things we just don't like. Use this thread to fire away at the truly meaningless irritations in your life.

Ahem.

It is Oct. 22. I decided to go out and get a cup of coffee and some sweets to propel me through the rest of the work I have to do tonight. Little Debbie snack cakes... the Halloween ones... would be perfect. When I left the grocery store, I did indeed have Little Debbie Holiday Cakes.... the Christmas ones. That was what they had. Now... I ask you...

sdp 10-22-2003 05:38 PM

Smoke-- Helloo??? Get with the program!!! It's October already!! Primo Christmas time!!!! :)
Halloween's practically over!!!! Thanksgiving, pshaw!!! BORING!!!

(it is pretty sickening, tho.. However, I have little kids and Xmas is still fun. Unfortunately, last year I ripped the Santa thing from them.... boo hisss)

MissyBelle 10-22-2003 05:43 PM

The dam* drivers in gigantic SUVs who pull up in front of my little sports car when I'm trying to pull out of a driveway making it impossible for me to see anything til they leave. Are they too STUPID to realize that though they can see over me I cannot see THROUGH them?

Yup, bad driving of any sort makes me crazy....and the rudies are the worst.

Gabe 10-22-2003 06:35 PM

Meaningless irritations?

(Gabe runs to get the list written on a long scroll of papyrus)

People who constantly change lanes without using a turn signal in traffic that is going nowhere.
When you answer the phone at work and say "Good morning, The ABC Company" and the nimrod on the other end says "Is this The ABC Company?"
People who shop at high dollar stores and take three vacations a year complaining about how "poor" they are.
Fast food restaurants who aren't ready for the dinner rush. HELLO! It happens every day at 5PM.
Bathing suits on the racks in February. Christmas decorations on the shelves in September.
The stupidity of whoever caused the "Add water before feeding" instruction to cans of powdered infant formula.
I will stop here, lest I go on much longer than I should.
Peace,
Gabe

smoke gets in my eyes 10-22-2003 06:52 PM

LOL!

Along the lines of "ABC Company"... this happened twice a couple of weeks ago.

Lights off... door locked... I'm in the back and hear pounding on the front door. I ignore it. It continues. Finally I go up to the front thinking it must be a friend or that Dino lost his key or something... it's not... but they don't look armed so I open the door.

"Are you closed?"

Are you kidding?

Chy 10-22-2003 07:19 PM

Oh.. yea.. am going to second that Missy Belle!!

and add: leaving the drive-thru restaurant with the wrong order on the one day you don't check it! You call that convienance?! *S*

margo 10-22-2003 07:21 PM

The wired-in smoke alarms in this building are installed right outside the kitchen. Helloooooo??? What were they thinking??? Everytime I open the oven door when I'm cooking the damn thing goes off.

Nikntyzmom 10-22-2003 07:24 PM

ok here is a good one that happened to me at work...

I work in a hospital in the kitchen. This girl comes in to eat lunch. She is around my age, 30-ish. She hums and haws her way through getting a meat entree, then some potatoes and gravy, then she stands and looks through the glass for like 5 minutes at the vegetables with this perplexed look on her face...

After what seemed like a really long time, she looks up and asks me ( and I am NOT kidding)

"What are those little green things???"

Helloooooooo.......PEAS????

It made me insane. Poor girl must not get out much, as in never.

phoenix 10-22-2003 07:29 PM

Grrrrrr....the little caution listing tag inside my helmet that instructs me to "read before each use".

Helllllooooo...if I'm that brain dead the helmet is probably not going to help,and I should not be riding the motorcycle in the first place :D

I'd really like a job designing caution labels.

One for the car stereo: Warning!! Leaning down and trying to adjust controls while driving probably will result in sudden impact with any of a number of objects,including other vehicles,trees,and pedestrians.The manufacturer does not advise this,and will not be responsible if you insist on doing it anyway.

phoenix

journeygal 10-22-2003 07:32 PM

I'm sorry, but I am NOT a doorman. I don't wear a funny hat or a uniform. So if you're walking behind me, and I'm kind enough to hold the door for you - TAKE the damn door from me, don't just stroll through it, expecting me to continue holding it open for you!!!

MissyBelle 10-22-2003 07:36 PM

Bad haircuts.

Parents who allow their teenage daughters to school looking like hookers.

Having to vote for education taxes when I'd rather have the chance to vote on war taxes.

Airports

AOL

(And I'd add PMS, but that is not a MINOR irritation. :))

Ann 10-22-2003 07:44 PM

Since I moved to Pleasantville, people don't annoy me anymore LOL, but I DO have some telephone complaints to get off my chest...

Getting stuck in a "phone maze", you know the one where you have to listen to 8 options and none of them fit but you can't get back to the beginning and pushing "0" doesn't get you an operator.

Receiving a "junk" message on my telephone that goes on forever and that I cannot erase until it is finished.

Anyone who calls right at dinnertime and says "I hope I'm not disturbing you..." HELLOOOO!!! NO I WAS JUST EATING DINNER AND HOPING THAT SOMEONE WOULD CALL OFFERING ME A CHEAP FUNERAL IF I SIGN UP NOW!!!

And that one thing that drives us all crazy....being put on "hold" forever AND loud terrible "hold" music. ARGHHHH!!!

Phewwwm, Smoke I didn't think I had that in me LOL.

Hugs
Ann

LettingGo 10-22-2003 07:44 PM

People who leave their turn signal on!

Nikntyzmom 10-22-2003 07:48 PM

The other night I was cooking a frozen pizza, and the directions said "cook pizza before eating."

Really??? You should do that???

margo 10-22-2003 08:04 PM

Jar lids that take the strength of Hercules to open.

Popup ads.

Whiskers in the sink.

People who are too lazy to put the new roll of TP on the roller.

That cheap plastic wrapper in boxed food that is so hard to open and then suddenly tears and spills the contents all over the place.

Having 140 digital channels and nothing on worth watching.

Going down 3 floors to the parkade and realizing I've left the gate remote control upstairs....

Morning Glory 10-22-2003 09:46 PM

Monday night they showed part 1 of the thornbirds. Just part 1.

phoenix 10-22-2003 10:17 PM

Originally posted by MsUnderstanding
The other night I was cooking a frozen pizza, and the directions said "cook pizza before eating."

Really??? You should do that???

Indeed you should...lol.And some suggest removing it from the package before placing it in the oven.I hope the people who needed that instruction are closely supervised at all times :D

phoenix

sdp 10-23-2003 03:34 AM

Journey-
I got you on the door thing. People should use common courtesey!! And then they stroll through without a thank you!!!

journeygal 10-23-2003 04:37 AM

I KNOW!!!!!! :redmad:

Anyone tried opening a CD lately???? I mean geez, do they want me to listen to it or not??????

constant 10-23-2003 05:09 AM

Along the CD line....ever rented a DVD and you get home have your snacks and kids ready to watch only to find out the pimple faced teen working at the store forgot to remove the security stick so it won't open???

How about public restrooms.....why doesn't anyone remember to FLUSH!!?!???!!

Driving 20 miles to Wally World only to find out that EVERYONE that was there earlier bought the last of everything you needed!

When driving someone pulling out in front of me and going about 30 mph when there was no one behind me....couldn't they wait a couple more seconds?

Parents who think their kids could have NEVER done that!!!!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here for now

Constant