SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT We found Dolce and she is OK :) !!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/208635-ot-we-found-dolce-she-ok.html)

TakingCharge999 09-07-2010 07:57 PM

OT We found Dolce and she is OK :) !!!!

Your thoughts worked!! After work I bought a lantern and went for my glasses so I am finally able to see the world as it is - man is my vision distorted, literally, as well.

Today I surveyed the area and walked and walked and went to every 4th floor in the complex and watched from above -good workout but no cat. I asked the policeman and he said he had seen her with a black cat in the morning -a friend's cat which is an unspayed male.

Later on it started to rain so I came back home and was watching and cried again... BF came in (yes he is indeed moving this weekend...) and it was darker so we brought the lantern and walked around the complex, no cats either, he suggested driving to the other side and we did. I had read a trick: to put the lantern at the eye level because if there was a cat in the dark it surely is looking at you, and the cat's eyes stand out with the light... well there it was!! a gray fat cat sitting next to a wall! BF approached her and she didn't move.. then I was carrying a favorite toy with tuna scent and she approached me slowly... I was able to catch her and she started purring and I couldn't believe it!! she is full of dirt and when she saw Gabanna both got hostile... but now I know the "protocol" so I am keeping them separate for now... so now BF and I will go to the 24x7 hospital so she gets checked in case she got fleas or something and get a good bath.... I am soooooooooooo happy and relieved and want to cry again... can't believe she is here

Thanks so much for your support these days :tyou God bless cats and cat lovers!!

SashaMB 09-07-2010 08:09 PM

Yay! I'm so glad you found your kitty! I was thinking about you today and hoping you would find her. I love my kitties, and had one get lost last year, so I know how scared you were. Mine ended up stuck in a tree across the street, but it took me 3 days to find her because she was so far up. I'm sure Dolce is happy to be home.

LexieCat 09-07-2010 08:28 PM

There are times I just LOVE saying, "I told ya so!" And I don't even have to feel guilty about it. :)

So glad kitty is home and safe.

Impurrfect 09-07-2010 09:59 PM

YAY!!!! SOOO glad Dolce is home and safe:)

Love, hugs, and prayers!

Amy

Bernadette 09-07-2010 10:00 PM

YAY!!!
Good news!
Meow!
peace-
B

DarkMage 09-07-2010 10:46 PM

Good to hear. I would be flipping out if I lost my cat!

-DM

bookwyrm 09-08-2010 01:39 AM

Great news!!! :bananadan

dollydo 09-08-2010 03:55 AM

Phew, what a relief! I am so happy for you!

Jadmack25 09-08-2010 04:08 AM

Glad to know she is home, safe and sound if a bit on the dirty side. You don't need scares from your animals, got enough from "humans" I think.

God bless

suki44883 09-08-2010 04:31 AM

YAY!!!!! :a122::ghug3

Tally 09-08-2010 07:08 AM

Wonderful news!!! I've been checking in to see how things were going, so happy you found her!

TakingCharge999 09-08-2010 09:08 AM

Holding her again was one of the happiest moments in my life! yes, she seems happy we found her and is very chatty with me, telling me all her adventures. Yesterday we played fetch with her favorite toy. Today is a really dark rainy day and I'm so grateful Dolce is safe with us !! we are a happy household today.

ItsmeAlice 09-08-2010 09:25 AM

Our prayers are answered. Kisses to Dolce!!!

Carol Star 09-08-2010 10:21 AM

Yeah!

LovesToTravel 09-08-2010 12:04 PM

You made my day. I was worried about your poor little kitty. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...es/kitty_2.gif

Fandy 09-08-2010 12:16 PM

Me Too!....now tell me what is a tuna stuffed toy???? it sounds like something my 3 boy kitties should have too!

wow1323 09-08-2010 12:20 PM

oxoxoxoxo

HoopNinja 09-08-2010 02:40 PM

I lost my kitty for 4 days last summer and it was horrible. I am SOOOOO happy she returned!!! YAY!