SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   ROOOAR!!! Codie no MOOORE! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/20857-roooar-codie-no-mooore.html)

smoke gets in my eyes 10-22-2003 09:12 AM

ROOOAR!!! Codie no MOOORE!

Hey y'all.

First lemme 'splain why I'm not around much right now. I run a costume shop. It's Halloween season. Nuff said?

Now... may I crow for a moment? This has nothing to do with Dino. While I am a pretty good costumer, I am the world's worst businesswoman. I am forever giving discounts and shorting myself hours and looking the other way when people damage my stuff because I feel so sorry for people/organizations that don't have money. I feel their pain. I am one. And I keep myself that way because I think like that.

Today I sent out a bill where I charged for every single hour I worked and my materials and everything. That may not sound like much, but I think it's an absolute first for me. If you wonder why I'm posting about it here, it's because I really think it's a codie self esteem issue in part. (Am I worth all that?) Today I decided I was and they paid me and didn't blink an eye. I am all agog.

Hey and, on the 27th it will be 3 months with no cigarettes for me.

Yaaaaaaaay ME!

jessieandme2003 10-22-2003 09:19 AM

Way to go! How wonderful and empowering that must have been when you realized you were the only one doubting if you were worth all that. I can feel the boosts to your self esteem as you tell us that as well as your amazing accomplishment of quitting smoking. Reward yourself, you deserve it!

kwelling5737 10-22-2003 09:36 AM

Three months!!!

WooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!...:clap

I'd be willing to bet that you're worth every cent AND more that you charge for your work Smoke. You've taken your first step towards letting people know that you value your time and they should too!

Keep up the good work!

Hugz~

Kim

Clowie 10-22-2003 10:17 AM

:grinattk:

You go girl with your bad self...

Your awesome...

Hugs and love to you..

Love Clowie :star

JT 10-22-2003 10:22 AM

yaaaaaaaay YOU!!!!

Hugs,
JT

journeygal 10-22-2003 10:24 AM

Woo hoo - way to go Smokie!!!! :clap :clap :clap

Hugs,
JG

Jon 10-22-2003 10:35 AM

Awesome. Smoke's buying lunch for us pitiful, needy people.

Good thing too...I'm hungry!

Daffodil 10-22-2003 10:54 AM

AWSOME! SMOKE-NO-MORE!

JUST FOR THAT !

AS SOON AS I POST H.F.T.,

GET THE NEXT LOAD OF HOT PEPPERS IN THE DRYER,

AND CLEAN ANOTHER 15LBS. OF HAZELNUTS....GO TO THE BANK,

GO TO THE P.Office,

I AM GOING TO
GHOST STORIES
.....PROMISE ( unless it keeps raining and I have to move to higher ground. )

"You'll never know how much I love you " song title from way back when...but it's true...~~A~~

spedteach 10-22-2003 11:03 AM

***** SMOKE!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

I know, we codies are also softies at heart!!!

WAY TO GO!

sped teach

Cecilia 10-22-2003 02:32 PM

Well its about time somebody realized what youre worth.

Do you have any Codie costumes made up for Halloween.

Gabe 10-22-2003 02:47 PM

What's it like to be agog?

Way to go, you should be proud of yourself. For the bold business move, and for the three months. Here's wishing you a profitable Halloween season.
Peace,
Gabe...who's getting behind Jon in line for the free lunch.

smoke gets in my eyes 10-22-2003 02:54 PM

Codie costumes? Y'mean like Cinderella? Rapunzel? Juliet? Those chicks?

constant 10-22-2003 03:58 PM

Smoke......sounds like you have reached a new level!! Man you set high standards around here.....we just have to keep striving to keep up with you!!:bow

Seriously, my hat is off to you!!! For standing up for yourself and your work and for NO SMOKE for 3 months!!! Awesome!

Hope your Halloween is smashing!

Constant

deedee 10-22-2003 06:42 PM

Way to go Smoke!!!

You should be proud!

hugs,

deedee

Ann 10-22-2003 07:29 PM

3 months smoke-free - you are AWESOME!!!!

And if you were to charge what you are REALLY worth, the only people who could afford you would be Bill Gates and maybe Oprah (isn't she really loaded??).

I'm super proud of you!!!

Hugs
Ann

Morning Glory 10-22-2003 09:28 PM

Me too Smoke.

3 months is wonderful and charging what you are worth is a codie breakthrough.

Did you ever have that lobster dinner and what have you bought yourself with your cigarette money?

smoke gets in my eyes 10-22-2003 09:45 PM

I don't eat lobster. I can't. Don't bother telling me they can't feel it. Someday I'll have a steak, though.

I spend my cigarette money on lottery tickets. ;)

Morning Glory 10-22-2003 09:49 PM

Oh that's right, it was steak. I don't like lobster either.

Stephanie 10-22-2003 11:29 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaayyyyyy Smokarella!!!!!:lighter:

TinyOne 10-23-2003 04:49 PM

Congratulations!

And who says there's no 'payoff' in sticking up for ourselves???