can't think of a title... my brain is mush

Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

holiday with your folks away from him sounds like a good chance for a breather if you have the sort of relationship with them that would facilitate that. Holiday with him, keeping up appearances sounds like hell.

Me? I'd change that couples counselling session to an individual therapy thing, spend some time getting your own head straight before trying to even hear whatevers going on in his.

FWIW, my stbx AH did some crazy odd stuff with things when he was drinking, he had crazy-odd explanations for them too, they appeared to make perfect sense to him, and he fully expected that back here on planet earth things those explanations would suffice: I have no idea if he was incompetently lying to cover his misdeeds or his thinking was indeed that screwy; either is not a good basis for a relationship.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

All this is a heck of a shock for you, and you need to get your brain round it, which you will soon enough. AH on the other hand seems to believe if he quacks enough, sheets blame home to AA members and grabs a drink and flees from you, it will all go away.

Frankly, either he intended to wash all your walls down for you!!!! I will believe that when I see , or he was up to no good, and I think I agree with those who also

God bless
Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Originally Posted by JenT1968 View Post
holiday with your folks away from him sounds like a good chance for a breather if you have the sort of relationship with them that would facilitate that. Holiday with him, keeping up appearances sounds like hell.

Me? I'd change that couples counselling session to an individual therapy thing, spend some time getting your own head straight before trying to even hear whatevers going on in his.

FWIW, my stbx AH did some crazy odd stuff with things when he was drinking, he had crazy-odd explanations for them too, they appeared to make perfect sense to him, and he fully expected that back here on planet earth things those explanations would suffice: I have no idea if he was incompetently lying to cover his misdeeds or his thinking was indeed that screwy; either is not a good basis for a relationship.
In red, is exactly what I did. For my AH, that wasn't good enough, he wanted marriage counseling also, so we could discuss my problems
Old 09-09-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I wouldn't even let him live rent free in my head.....and I like the sewing him in the sheets /skillet plan......no , protect you and the kiddos.....but I do smell that Rat......individual counseling......let go or be dragged......it worked for me!