Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

DM, I'm so sorry...

Hugs,
posie
Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Please accept my condolences. Some are physically gone, and for others it is only the shell walking around, their humanity is gone, until their body catches up. It is very sad.

"The Grief club" by Melody beatty is very good reading and has exercises regarding change, and loss, including addiction. I hope you can get a copy.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

DarkMage,

Although your pain runs deep, know that she is at peace now and will live eternally with God. She is in his hands, where she is supposed to be.

I believe she will save lives from far above, she did not die in vain.

Praying for you and her family. So sorry for your loss.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

DarkMage-- I am so sorry you lost your friend. My heart goes out to you....
(((((hugs)))))
peace,
B
Old 09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I'm so sorry, DM.

Addiction takes so many lives, so needlessly.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am so sorry DM. I was just talking about this with my mom today. Addiction causes them to toss aside miniscule things like jobs, houses, cars, major things like family, wifes and children. They are still willing to risk that high for death. Many do just that. I am so sorry. You are where we've all feared, but in the end many of us will be. Know that you couldn't save her. You did everything in your power and even after rehab heroin prevailed. Again, rest knowing that you did what you could. She no longer suffers with addiction and all that came with it. She is in God's hands now.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well we had the funeral and it was surreal. I kind of knew this was a strong possibility but the reality of it sunk in. It felt like I was in a movie or some other work of fiction where I expected to wake up or something. My mind didn't want to accept the fact that she was gone.

The ceremony was nice. I think it provided a lot of closure but how much closure can you put on a tradegy? You can't. I keep going back to the "I warned you" and "I tried to stop you" that everyone goes through. Her other ex was worse off then most people there. I think he knew less what to do there then everyone else. Nothing made sense about being there.

Time will eventually resolve this. Its the waiting that sucks. The nice thing is that family that hadn't seen or talked to each other in years was there and that was addressed in the funeral. I hope the family capitalizes on that.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I hate the fact that this tradegy was so optional yet it happened anyway. I guess you can't have a happy ending all the time. Hopefully something good comes of this tradegy.

-DM