Justice if for those with money...

Old 08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Justice if for those with money...

..unfortunately.

The courts don't care if your spouse took all the money. They don't care if your spouse took the vehicles and left you stranded with no way to get employment.

Lesson: Plan accordingly and take what you plan to have or need with you when you go, or when you remove them from the home. Because if you can't afford legal representation (in some states) the courts WILL judge in the favor of the spouse who can afford it.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs, Still Waters. I don't know what to say, but I'm so sorry that you're going through this.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Unfortunately, this is true. The courts really do not care. They don't try to be hard-hearted, but they just don't have the time or the inclination to get involved in all the dirty little doings involved in divorce. I know when I divorced my daughter's father, the fact that he was a lying, cheating, uncaring, control freak who literally kicked me out of the house when I was 4 months pregnant didn't enter into it at all. He still ended up with shared custody of our daughter, and his child support payment was a joke. Many, many times, it just isn't fair. I'm so sorry that you were put in the situation you were. Once it's over though, you will be free of him and won't ever have to speak to or in any way deal with him again.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's the way my first divorce went Still Waters.
I am so very sorry!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Everything I own, is gone. Everything I worked for, planned for, paid for...gone.

I have no home, no vehicle, no savings, no money.

But, I do have a live free of an insane drunk (soon).
Old 08-27-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Thats why I always kept everything in my name, never comingled, still cost me a few bucks, but I survived.

I am so sorry that you are going through this, yet, I know that you will be ok.

Sending hugs!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well, I too suffered financially. He got plenty, and didn't deserve a dime. He deserved fines and poverty... but walked away with a bundle.

BUT... he didn't get ME! Will never have ME again. I'm one of a kind ... so he's not so well off. Nor is your X!!!!!!!

I might add that 8 months after receiving his money - he's spent it ALL. It's GONE.

Meanwhile, I am saving once again, and slowly-but-surely getting back my life. You can too!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Still Waters, damn..I am so sorry. It's so disheartening.

I worked and paid the living expenses and put a significant portion of his earnings in his employee 401K and in an employee savings plan.
Everything went to him.
The judge gave me his stereo....and the beat-up old car that wouldn't run and wasn't worth fixing...if I had even had the money to fix it.
and that was it.
At least I knew it was because he was related to the judge and the county is known as corrupt.

It's so very unfair and divorces can't be appealed.
Just rotten in Denmark!
How can they sleep at night?!
I kept wondering?

hugs
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Live, I wonder too...it seems that they have no concious. As a former codie ( I was registered in the state of Florida as a card carrying codie) I wanted to help, I never wanted to see my exabf on the street or without money....that was then, now, it's each man for themselves. I care about others, however, I now care for myself, too.

The court system doesn't give a tinkers d+mn about who gets what in a divorce or how one is going to survive. The legal ceramony of marriage is just a business agreement, the church service covers the vows end of it. When one is divorcing it is all about settling the monatary aspects of the relationship. That is why I will never marry again, why should I? I am way past the child bearing age, and really today in 2010 who cares if I am married or not. The answer, to me is...no one.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
Still Waters, damn..I am so sorry. It's so disheartening.

I worked and paid the living expenses and put a significant portion of his earnings in his employee 401K and in an employee savings plan.
Everything went to him.
The judge gave me his stereo....and the beat-up old car that wouldn't run and wasn't worth fixing...if I had even had the money to fix it.
and that was it.
At least I knew it was because he was related to the judge and the county is known as corrupt.

It's so very unfair and divorces can't be appealed.
Just rotten in Denmark!
How can they sleep at night?!
I kept wondering?

hugs
I think I can appeal it, I have 10 days. But I don't know if that's 10 days from the day of the judgement, or 10 days from the day I'm notified of the judgement.

But hey, I got to use my food stamps today, when I got a ride to the grocery store. :/
Old 08-27-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Live, I wonder too...it seems that they have no concious. As a former codie ( I was registered in the state of Florida as a card carrying codie) I wanted to help, I never wanted to see my exabf on the street or without money....that was then, now, it's each man for themselves. I care about others, however, I now care for myself, too.

The court system doesn't give a tinkers d+mn about who gets what in a divorce or how one is going to survive. The legal ceramony of marriage is just a business agreement, the church service covers the vows end of it. When one is divorcing it is all about settling the monatary aspects of the relationship. That is why I will never marry again, why should I? I am way past the child bearing age, and really today in 2010 who cares if I am married or not. The answer, to me is...no one.
No, I won't be doing it again either. There isn't any reason to, as I won't be having any more children. I wasted my last childbearing years catering to an adult baby.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your situation but very thankful for your post. I needed to read this. I need to work on protecting myself.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I hope you can appeal it for an equitable settlement!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

LOL. I don't want an "equitable" settlement. I need a vehicle, he has FOUR.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is beyond outrageous!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
Everything I own, is gone. Everything I worked for, planned for, paid for...gone.

I have no home, no vehicle, no savings, no money.

But, I do have a live free of an insane drunk (soon).
I am saddened by what the court has taken, but....

You still OWN your dignity, your self-respect, your right to choose, your mind, your heart and your soul!

No court of law, no man or woman can take that away from you.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

What you have lost was not so valuable after all, that is why it was lost.
What is really valuable can never be lost.

Please let us help and open a savings account, share the international code for deposits and I'll go Monday to deposit an amount of $. I know other posters won't mind to send you a few bucks and will do it gladly, because when we have gone through a tough situation there has been someone who lends a helping hand. And this time it may be our turn. It may help for something, and the most important thing, you'll remember many people support you and want the best for you. No one is going to think less of you, if that is what worries you. I offer this with heartfelt respect.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post

Please let us help and open a savings account, share the international code for deposits and I'll go Monday to deposit an amount of $. I know other posters won't mind to send you a few bucks and will do it gladly.
Yep, I will too!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

me too
Old 08-28-2010, 04:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
What you have lost was not so valuable after all, that is why it was lost.
What is really valuable can never be lost.

Please let us help and open a savings account, share the international code for deposits and I'll go Monday to deposit an amount of $. I know other posters won't mind to send you a few bucks and will do it gladly, because when we have gone through a tough situation there has been someone who lends a helping hand. And this time it may be our turn. It may help for something, and the most important thing, you'll remember many people support you and want the best for you. No one is going to think less of you, if that is what worries you. I offer this with heartfelt respect.
I can't tell you how much that means to me TC But, I'll manage to get by. I'm okay day to day - I mean I have food and shelter. I just couldn't afford to travel out of state. The bus companies don't take food stamps for their fares..

If it weren't for people lending a helping hand, I'd be in a shelter for the homeless. My rent is very low, even for one room. And I'm able to borrow a car mostly when I need to, to get my daughter to practice and to get to the grocery store. I just wasn't able to borrow it to go out of state, as the owner of the car needs it to get back and forth to work.

Right now my immediate issue is this computer of mine. I'm having a problem with it, which makes it impossible for me to work. So, I'd better get back to trying to fix it.

Big hugs TC, you made me feel understood and appreciated and loved. Thank you.