The gift that keeps on giving

Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down The gift that keeps on giving

...and not in a good way.

I finally got around to getting STI/HIV testing done, because I'm seeing someone and after several months of going sloooooooowly, there was talk of intimacy. I requested a test from him and offered to test myself.

Everything came up clean, except for...herpes, type I & II, courtesy of...XAH.

I was very shocked and angry when I got the news. It's not a death sentence by any means, but it's just a symbol of another long lasting scar XAH gave me that I will carry with me forever.

I've never had any symptoms except for this tiny pimple on my tailbone, when I was 8 months preggo. I couldn't even turn around to look at it because I was so big. I chalked it up to being HUGELY pregnant and sweaty in the middle of June. It went away and I never gave it a second thought.

I knew I should have been suspicious when XAH kept "going out" during my pregnancy and coming back home in the morning looking sheepish. I just thought he was out getting wasted. Guess not.

And how do I know this lovely gift is from XAH?

Because the last time I'd been tested was when I got preggo with DD; it's standard procedure to check for STIs that might affect fetus development and birth. A herpes outbreak close to or during labor means an automatic c-section to avoid infecting the baby. I tested totally clean back then.

So. There it is.

fun huh?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I am so sorry, I would be angry too. Does he even know he has it and could be spreading it around?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He wouldn't give a damn if he has it; he refuses to use protection because "it doesn't feel good". If he doesn't already know and I'd tell him, he'd blame me (of course) for my "whoring ways".
Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

what an a$$!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Not that this is much comfort, but these days they do have medications that can keep down outbreaks. Don't know what else to say.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the ex You

Last edited by ChrrisT; 08-27-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: not centered
Old 08-27-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When my current ex and I broke up 2 1/2 yr ago for 2 months, he slept with someone unprotected and she gave his herpes.
When we got back together, he didn't want to tell me he had it. He waited until a month later when we decided it was time to be intimate.
Ugh....my heart fell. We had to use condoms ever since and I never got it

I've been using L lysine to block any risk. This is an amino acid that is used also to lower the outbreak of herpes 1 and 2.
Check it out.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's the thing: I've never had an outbreak before, except perhaps for that tiny bump on my tailbone. I asked the doc about that and he said lots of ppl have herpes but no outbreaks.

As for the guy I'm seeing, he's already gung ho on protection, because he thought *he* had herpes, from an incorrect diagnosis years ago. So I guess it won't be an issue if/when we decide to be intimate.