Phase 3

Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Phase 3

Our daughter just finished phase 3, and is making improvements. She has also decided to stay a second month.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thank you for sharing your good news. I am glad she is improving.

How are you doing today?
Old 08-27-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Thank you for sharing your good news. I am glad she is improving.

How are you doing today?
I'm improving, too. Thank you for asking.

I think we're going to be okay. We're discussing lifestyle changes that will benefit all of us, daughter taking financial responsibility for her rehab. We discussed Sober/Halfway Houses last night. They're not highly recommended by the treatment facility that our daughter is in, so I'm glad she has decided to stay another month. The second month is a little more relaxed, and the residents are required to get out to 3 meetings a week, try to find a sponsor, and they get weekend passes. The first weekend is 4 hours, second weekend 8 hours, third weekend they get an overnighter, if they have someone to sponsor them for the weekend.

I know there will always be a chance of relapse, but hopefully with the extra time she's spending at the treatment center, everyone's positive attitude and willingness to make changes, and just the fact that she comes from good stock, we'll get over this bump in the road.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Praise be, that your child is doing well, and has chosen to continue for longer there. Hard on you, being apart still.....but please God the result will be such joy for you all.

God bless
Old 08-27-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Hard on you, being apart still.....
Honestly, the hardest part is the hour drive to and from the treatment center. I think we've come to terms with the fact that we have an addict in the family. If in fact, she's an addict. I'm still not exactly sure how everything went down. I don't know how deeply into it she was. I don't know if she became addicted, or did it a few times and found that she liked it so much that it scared her. Still a lot of unknowns, but whether she in an addict, or a user, or even if there's no difference, she's in a good place right now. Mentally and physically.

We miss her, but we're not worried about her while she's there. Not like we worry when she's out with her friends...that's the real worry. Not like we'll worry when she does come home, and we have to trust her to make the right decisions and stay on track.

I'm still living in that place between hope and fear, but I'm feeling more hopeful than I was a few weeks ago.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's good good news TM.

Don't worry about the maybes and mights. Enjoy her success today.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by ChrrisT View Post
That's good good news TM.

Don't worry about the maybes and mights. Enjoy her success today.

Very good advice.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Behind the Red Door

Missing Her

I know she hasn't even been in treatment for a month, and I know that she's doing what she needs to do, but I miss her so much. Yesterday was rough. I couldn't stop thinking about how nice it would be to have her home. Today is pretty much the same.

When she lived on her own, I saw her almost every day, and if I didn't, I could pick up the phone and call her. I feel pathetic, knowing that it could be so much worse, and how much I'd be missing her if it were.

I've come to realize how much I've taken for granted being able to see her every day, or hear her voice every day.