Met a recovering A today

Old 08-27-2010, 07:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think we would be being dishonest if we didn't admit to wondering, or even fantasizing about being in a functional relationship with someone we find attractive.

You seem to have your feel on the ground, Transform (even if you might have let a little notion of Mr. Gorgeous and you into your mind)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks everyone.

This thread made me examine my "real" motivations for the original post, and I"m happy to announce that in the two days since I had lunch with this man, I've been so busy with my life that I've not really thought about him except when I come here. Work, kids, moving BS. I really do have a very full life.

I went out last night with a group of friends, we had SO much fun, I can't even tell you. I love being single! My business partner whined for hours before we left the bar, i wanted to stay and make mischeif, but she just broke up with her boyfriend and was a total crybaby about leaving. She was my ride so I had to leave with her. I was pissed! I would have stayed all night, I was having a ball.

This morning I realized I no longer have that stab of pain or jealousy when I see happy couples, I just think- when I want that, or am ready, I 'll have it too.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love being around recovered people...they are some of the most genuine and honest and ethical people I have ever met!

and that is attractive no matter what!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I'm glad you met someone who put a smile on your face!