SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Maybe OT - Thank you God for the gift of life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/207767-maybe-ot-thank-you-god-gift-life.html)

TakingCharge999 08-25-2010 02:15 AM

Maybe OT - Thank you God for the gift of life

On Monday I was going to my Pilates/kick boxing lessons as usual but felt too tired and decided to stay home. I usually pass to the supermarket and/or have something to eat in my way home.

Today I read the news a guy was killed by 2 armed men in that supermarket around the time I usually go. This was the same place where my laptop was stolen and car window was broken. He still had belongings with him so only God knows what the murder was about.

I am shocked and so grateful I stayed home that day. God this market is superclose to my home and work.

In my country violence has escalated in a way we have not seen for decades. I am at a loss of words. But I feel grateful nothing major has happened to me. I am sure it has been God. I am so, incredibly lucky the bad guys just wanted the computer. And that I was not there when the crime took place.

I have not told any of this to my family, it would just worry them.

Thanks for letting me share. I am really sad for myself and other people that are hard working, respectful and can't even go to the park nearby out of fear. This is no way to live. I feel very vulnerable.

isurvived 08-25-2010 03:56 AM

Sadly, violence seems to be on the increase everywhere today in all parts of the world.

Sounds like you were indeed redirected by God!

Impurrfect 08-25-2010 09:09 PM

(((TC))) - I'm SO glad you stayed home. I think HP was looking out for you.

I've been robbed, at work, twice and the 2nd time I a was pistol whipped and the guy went out, the next day, and killed 4 people. It's a life-altering experience.

I posted here, both times, an am convinced I had an angel on my shoulder through both robberies, as did my coworkers. It DOES make you think about all we have to be grateful for.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy

naive 08-26-2010 01:29 AM

tc-

i've been following some of the increasing violence in mexico.

i'm wondering if that big corporation you work for has inhouse job postings...maybe you could move to a safer place (in the usa, worldwide or even within mexico) via a transfer?

naive

ninja7 08-26-2010 02:22 AM

My name is ninja. I am alcoholic. I have never drunk since February last year.:faint
It is relatively safe here in Japan. I always thank to God for our safety here.

tjp613 08-26-2010 03:49 AM

Thanking God you are safe..... :candle5D:

Jadmack25 08-26-2010 05:07 AM

I would be thanking my Guardian Angel and HP very fervently by now. Glad you were not in the middle of this horror TC, as you easily could have been.

God bless