Just a quick check-in

Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in

I'm sorry for being in absentia so much lately, but have been struggling with not feeling well at all health-wise. Wednesday morning I have to be up to my local hospital at 7 am for glucose tolerance testing, and a bunch of other lab work. I hope I can take the 4 1/2 - 5 hours of having to sit up there. I'm definitely taking school books and my orthopedic cushion to sit on.

Fall semester is in full swing now, and I am having a lot of mixed feelings about this being my final semester. I'm excited, yet I am going to miss being in school. I still haven't ruled out going for a bachelor degree in health information administration.

Amber has been spending a lot of time with me due to King Baby (her ABF) becoming increasingly self-centered, verbally abusive, and blaming her for everything 'wrong' in his life. She looked at me the other day and said she's realized things will never change with him. She's in a bind with now having 4 horses to find another place for when that relationship ends, so she's getting her ducks in a row and looking for other pasture options without him knowing.

It still stands that she has to have a job, and will pay half of all the monthly bills/rent before she is allowed to move back in with me. That's just the beginning of what is required of her because I will not give up my serenity and peaceful household for anyone.

That's the extent of things for now, and I probably won't be around as much due to college, but I will be checking in when I can.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya Dev-
I sure hope you feel better soon! School is stressful but, yeah, the end of school is also stressful. I am starting my last year of Nursing school and I already feel behind and tired....just trying to keep my head down and stay in the boat!

Sending you good mojo for health & intellectual energy to see you through this semester! You've worked so hard - what a thrill when you get that degree!!!

Peace-
B
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I didn't realize you were in nursing school, Bernadette! Good for you, and I will send positive mojo your way for a successful final year!

Nursing was the first profession I was going to pursue, and I had an academic scholarship to nursing school, but my addictions got in the way of education. I sometimes wonder how things would have turned out had I stayed in college at age 18.

Ah well, you can teach an old dog new tricks. I am living proof!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers for both of you to have a wonderful SCHOOL semester!!!!!

Take good care of YOU!!!!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Freedom,

I am so glad to hear from you!
Good to get your glucose checked and get your health right to finish this schooling with a bang! And then on to greater things.

I am glad to hear Amber is making the moves to get away from King Baby. And you are handling it with your usual no nonsense attitude. Thank you for the good example, I will need it!

Beth
Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey friend,
So sorry your health has got you down. You've been through a lot already so you know he drill. One day at a time, one step at a time. Good for you for turning your hospital wait into a chance to do a little studying. Will make the time go by.

I wish Coyote could take his artistry on the road and draw a heart on all your hands as you go through school. Something to remind you how much you are loved here and appreciated.

Take care of you and hang in there!

Alice

PS I know how hard it is to move with horses. My two are elder gentleman and don't do well with changes. It can be done. Mine hung in with having to move twice in short order. I will be thinking of Amber as she hunts for new pasture space.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, things blew sky high after I posted here. Unfortunately, the mother of the ABF is currently in Canada for 5 weeks (long story), and it's her place that Amber and the ABF are living at.

He kicked her out today after an argument on the way home from Wichita. She has refused to give him the key to her motorcycle, and he can't stand not having control over her. She was over here crying and he texted her to get what she needed right now because he was locking the door, and there isn't a thing she can do about it.

She invested in a $700 bed for them, and he told her she wouldn't have to move the horses today if she leaves the bed there. She said it's a small price to pay for the horses to still have a place for now, and say adios to him. What a turd he is! (can't say what I'd really like to say).

So, I'm going to study while she's out at the house packing what she can get today. I'll just continue to take it a day at a time. I told her we've been through some pretty stressful times, and we'll get through this. I hugged her while she cried, and I told her I was proud of her for having a backbone, and I was sorry she didn't get what she deserved out of the relationship.

He was completely unsupportive of her being on the equine drill team, and next Saturday you can bet your bottom dollar I will be at the Bull Blowout to watch her perform with the team.

I am so incredibly grateful she has a passion that she pursued (horses) because I truly believe that has kept her from taking the same road as her sister in addiction.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Wednesday morning I have to be up to my local hospital at 7 am for glucose tolerance testing, and a bunch of other lab work. I hope I can take the 4 1/2 - 5 hours of having to sit up there. I'm definitely taking school books and my orthopedic cushion to sit on.
Sending postive thoughts and prayers to you today.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey College Student Extraordinaire I hope all goes well at the hosp. this morning so you can quickly return to grueling study!!!
Peace-
B
Old 08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Dev))) - Amber has had some really good role-modeling by you. Yes, she may still TRY the "old behaviors", but she will quickly find they don't work any more and she will adjust. She IS her mother's daughter.

I hope she STAYS away from the ABF. He sounds like bad news all the way around. Sorry about the bed, but sometimes we have to let things go to make things work out.

I believe you, and Amber, will be just fine. It's just a matter of developing a new relationship, because you're not the same person you used to be. You've always been great, but now you're even BETTER!!

Hugs and prayers!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So the baby spat the dummy, and wants to keep the cot.
Well, no prizes for guessing what I am wishing on him.

God bless