It's been two weeks

Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been two weeks

It's been exactly two weeks (almost to the minute) that I left my AH and so I thought it would be good to get some feelings out. I gave him the ultimatum of Alcohol or me.

Leaving was freeing. It forced the load I was carrying off my back. Things haven't been easy, I never know what the day will bring. So far he's spent six days in detox and is now spending the weekend with his family before he starts outpatient on Monday. We'll see, I have no trust left.

Sadly the most peaceful moments I've had over the past two weeks were while he was in detox and could only call me for a limited conversation. Otherwise it's irrational strings of text messages and unmeaningful conversations about the weather. Today he told me he didn't want to talk to me, but texting was fine. I told him that wasn't acceptable to me and that if he didn't have enough respect for me to have a conversation then I didn't want to receive texts from him and he could call me when he's ready.

Quite frankly I don't even miss him and I'm sick and tired of living out of bags. On the plus side I started reading Codependent no more and man that very first chapter abut Jessica's story I could have wrote myself.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you've left him, just wondering why you're still in contact with you. Do you have kids together? If not you may find it more peaceful for YOU to go no contact for a while.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BklynGrl View Post
It's been exactly two weeks (almost to the minute) that I left my AH and so I thought it would be good to get some feelings out. I gave him the ultimatum of Alcohol or me.

Sadly the most peaceful moments I've had over the past two weeks were while he was in detox and could only call me for a limited conversation. Otherwise it's irrational strings of text messages and unmeaningful conversations about the weather. Today he told me he didn't want to talk to me, but texting was fine. I told him that wasn't acceptable to me and that if he didn't have enough respect for me to have a conversation then I didn't want to receive texts from him and he could call me when he's ready.

Quite frankly I don't even miss him and I'm sick and tired of living out of bags. On the plus side I started reading Codependent no more and man that very first chapter abut Jessica's story I could have wrote myself.
You and me are in the same boat! It has been almost 2 weeks since I left my XABF. The peacefulness I feel now has been the most felt in the past year.

The best thing I did was change my phone number, because I was sick and tired of mundane conversations and drunk texting that made no rhyme or reason. Consider this option, especially if you don't have children.

I too, have been reading Melody's book, everyday I go over it and it brings me great comfort. If you can, try to find it on CD at your local library. I made a copy of it and listen to it in the car, it's great!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Keep moving forward, one step in front of the other...you sound very strong in this post (i.e. deeming what is and is not acceptable to you); just wanted to stop by and give you a for that.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

You sound very strong Codependent no more is a great tool and offered me a lot of understanding in to why I did the things I did ! Keep moving up

xoxo