Your screen name?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I started out with my initials and then decided that I wanted a screen name that resembled a real name - real convo - real names -etc. Just b/c I am communicating on a computor I wanted it feel more personal and not so distant.

My initials actually were used as a pet name at my last employment. I hired someone who had a friendly way of relating to difficult people by giving them a pet name to resemble their most irritating trait wrapped up in a smile. I guess being his boss he had to play it safe.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

kellthebelle is the nickname my dad gave me as a child. It has always made me feel special and loved.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Kerbear was my nickname when I was a kid ~ I added the z for a little pizazz!

I always imagine that Jadmack looks EXACTLY like her avatar, and it always cracks me up.
I love Bernadette's avatar too!

I am also a bit of a coffee snob... nothing fancy, just black, strong and very hot!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I had this lovely Kerrie Blue Terrior, I named her Dolly...actually after me. When I worked in corporate america one guy started calling me "Dolly Door Knockers" you can use your imagination and figure that out, the name Dolly stuck, hence I named my Kerry Dolly...she was the best dog I have ever had. I still miss her, some 15 years after she died.

So, I am Dolly Do!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

MissFixit is sarcastic.

Before the A, I thought that Icould fix anything and anyone. It was only after the demise of that relationship that I realized that I cannot fix everything and control everything.

I tend to flip between being silly and serious in my real life, so I thought the name was funny for a serious (at least serious topic) forum like this one.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Awakening

When I was 21 I got my first job driving a truck and delivering furniture for the biggest fine furniture company in Houston, it was a cool job. I delivered for the commercial division, executive desks/credenzas etc.

I once delivered a solid 1 piece 20ft conference table to the top of the/then tallest building in town. I think it was around 60 stories up, and we had to slide the table up the elevator shaft ON TOP OF THE ELEVATOR on its end, and ride up with it. Whoo hoo, exciting.

Any way, my helper was a young illegal alien (before it was fashionable) from Mexico and spoke zero English and I spoke zero Spanish, but we made it work. I was wild and crazy and used to drive that bobtail van like a maniac.

He used to grin at me and make "steering wheel" moves and yell COYOTE. The best I could understand it meant some one with my crazy driving "skills" down in Mexico. I liked it, and I still think about him all these years later. Ha!

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

My screen nmae is that old 70's phrase Keep on Keepin On..I think it was Winston Churchill that said "When you are in hell, keep walking'. SO, somedays it is hard and other days are beautiful and I just try to keep on keepin on thru it all.......
Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
My screen nmae is that old 70's phrase Keep on Keepin On..I think it was Winston Churchill that said "When you are in hell, keep walking'. SO, somedays it is hard and other days are beautiful and I just try to keep on keepin on thru it all.......
I think it was, 'when you're going through hell, keep going' - not meaning to be picky im a little bit of a churchill fan

O sole mio! I LOVE that song, my dad used to sing it all the time! Im going to download it now and play it loud! I love annoying my neighbours with that kinda stuff in the morning! (they play the worst stuff, late and loud)
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

"isurvived" .... just a statement. I survived and am living to tell about it!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
I AM CANADIAN

my screen name? mine is my license plate....4Maggie....and...so if you see this...you know its me!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well that's easy, I'm a girl who lives in Brooklyn
Old 08-20-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thread Pelican. I love getting to know everyone better.

Mine isn't hard to figure out. I believe Healing WILL Come. But I wish it would hurry...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You guys are so cool, no wonder I love SR so much

I'm a photographer (and general purpose artist), and my nic is from one of my fav pics. It's a very spiritual place out in the Utah desert. When I found SR I was going thru a ton of hardships in my life, along with my ex and her addiction. SR and al-anon gave me a new life, and places like "DesertEyes" help me keep a connection to my HP.

The avatar is a broccolli in a biker outfit. I'm dating a charming young lady who comes from a family of of bikers and marines, and she can hold her own with the roughest of them. She's a world-class marathon runner, healthy as a horse. About as opposite to me as you can get. I don't even own a bicycle!!!!

* lmao *

So a certain special friend of mine, who's also a talented artist, made up that avatar to tease me, consipred with the admins and one day I logged on here and _surprise_ !!! I am now a broccolli in a biker outfit !!!

Mike
Old 08-21-2010, 04:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I love this thread! My name is what I am really. Books were my esacpe in chilhood and my friends as an adult. I keep a lot of books that I go back and re read every so often - I get reacquainted with them!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Lovely thread Pelican

My initial name on SR was "imtheidiot", as in "I'm the idiot who married *that* guy". It's truly how I felt when I found SR: ashamed and willing to beat myself up for my choices.

After a while, and much encouragement from my fellow SR members who couldn't bring themselves to use my screen name, I changed it to "NoDaybut2day" which is a shortened reference to a song that really inspired me, from the musical Rent. I chose it because I always tend to look ahead, awfulize and freak myself out. By remaining in the NOW, today, reminding myself of what I've achieved, I force out the dangerous "What if"s. I refer to the lyrics of this song on a daily basis and they have helped me tremendously.

There is no future
There is no past
Thank God this
Moment's not the last

There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret or
Life is yours to miss

No other road no other way
No day but today

I can't control
My destiny
I trust my soul
My only goal
Is just to be

Will I lose my dignity
Will someone care
Will I wake tomorrow
From this nightmare

There's only now
There's only here
Give in to love
Or live in fear
No other path
No other way
No day but today

As for the avatar, I chose it when I started dancing Argentine tango again, which I gave up because XAH told me to. Having been an actor in the past, I felt that tango was one of the few art forms that allowed me to feel like a true artist, because it is inherently improvisational. Only rarely are choreographies mapped out; the rest of the time, what happens on the dance floor is truly a conversation between the partners, and it can yield such lovely synergy. This is what I strive for in life: to let go of control and over-thinking, and to just breathe in the moment. If the circumstances are right, you're making art before you know it.

And as for the name I'm using right now, it's a modification a moderator had to make to give me access to the site since I'm still logged in at work with my usual screen name!

Oyah, and I'm Maya
Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

As promised, here's a picture of a hot air balloon as seen from my deck (haven't come across the cat hot air balloon yet--I really need to organize my digital pictures):

Old 08-22-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I've used "Lexie" online for quite awhile (ever since an ex semi-stalked me online and tried to jam me up with my posts)--it's a combo of "lex" as in "law" (my profession) and "lex" as in word (always loved playing with words, writing, etc.)

When I adopted a cat, I named her "Lexie"--sort of a twist on the people who use their pet's name as an alias. When I signed on here, "Lexie" was taken, hence...
Old 08-22-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I am MaryGoRound because of the vicious cycle of alcoholism and dealing with someone with alcoholism/addiction problem.

When I joined I was well aware of the deep doo-doo I was in and that I needed to cut ties. I am very glad I gained the strength to do so.

I wanted it to be sort of like a generic girls name too...Like ya no, here's another one...I was thinking along the lines of Jane Doe rescuer something something.

Kind of sarcastic, but cute...like ME! :day6
my real name is in fact, Jillian.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

My screen name refers to a song I listen to when I go cycling (which is my outlet and gives me balance)....the lyrics help me tune out from stressful things and re-focus and find balance.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:08 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
OSSSU!

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.....My screen name is a submission in Portuguese which actually means " Lion Killer"...Not very nice, I know. The submission is the rear naked choke.

Jiu-Jitsu was a huge part of my recovery after my year long relapse on Xanax after being sober for about 17 years.....Jiu-Jitsu is a way of life, wonderful people, honorable sport, extremely dedicated community. BJJ saved my life.....BJJ is a way of life.

The best part is there is actually ANOTHER member at SR who trains....HOORAY!!! In fact we have a thread going in the fitness section....he is currently in Chicago competing at a BJJ tourney....Hope he did well.