Your screen name?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That's so cool FD.

There is small airport about 1 mile from my house too, that's where they take off.

It's the little things, isn't it?

PS I LOVE your home!!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

LOVE this thread.

Jazzman this name classicrockman reads like "Classic Crock Man" to me. I bet you're not the crock wearing type a guy, right?
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Mine name is the battle cry of my college football team...which by the way is the #1 team in the U.S. : ) And the elephant is our mascot.

And THANK YOU PurpleSquirrel for changing your name! I love your new one.

Great thread. Thanks for starting it Pelican. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Jazzman...take my blues away..
Carol King
When I first joined SR and saw a post from "Jazzman", that song, that line ran through my head. One of my favourite Carole King songs..........

When I need ESH or to take my blues away, I come to SR and it's like a weight lifting off of my shoulders.

What a wonderful thread and as someone said, friends talking among friends.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

When I first registered for this site, I thought I was going to be a lurker, so I just tried to come up with something quick. I don't know why, but Pavarotti's "O Sole Mio" came to mind--but I thought the name of the song was "Solo Mio" I thought it fit, not because I was lonely, but because I figured "it's ONLY me that can do the work--it's not up to my AH."

It was kind of a nice added benefit when I read the real meaning behind the lyrics of "O Sole Mio":

What a wonderful thing a sunny day
The serene air after a thunderstorm
The fresh air, and a party is already going on…
What a wonderful thing a sunny day.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!

So, put the two together, it's up to me to find my own sun in my face!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
Miss Bernadette, do you know what choosing your own name as your screen name means to me? It means you tend to present your real self to the world, rather than hide behind a fictitious name, like I did. To me, it means you're an honest, take-me-as-I am person, not a bore.

I'm just sayin'...sorry for the hijack...carry on.

Oh, yes, I'm Jill.

Interesting view... I figured I wasn't creative enough to bother even coming up with something...

I couldn't agree more about always presenting my real self though... even if this comment wasn't directed AT me..
Old 08-20-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Duped. It reflected my ongoing bitterness at myself. For having fallen for the manipulations of one who presented herself as something she was not, and for realising that I was a pawn in that person's life solely to help her get out of a bad situation, and that she had no real intent at fixing herself, yet expected me to bow down before her.

Time to change my nic, because I bow to no one, except my daughter.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I used to be LexTex, cause I live in tx, but I changed it to Hadassah, because I went through a Beth Moore Bible study on Esther, and her Jewish name was Hadassah. I loved that Bible study, I learned so much about God's timing in our lives.
I was also trying to hide from my AH who used to get on here and post under my name when he was drunk.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hadassah, I love that you clarified, because I just put a few spaces in your screen name and... well... it wasn't kind to your AH. LOL

It's sort of like looking at serenityisnowhere. Do you read that as "serenity is no where" or "serenity is now here"?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Beth - I thought your screen name had to do with your wicked-cool sense of humor!
thank you pelican, i am going with that now!
hehehehehe
Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

beth, can i drive on up to michigan tonight?
I just got this picture of the two of us driving up in some huge official looking car to the local coffee bar. Hmm, Lincoln Continental I think.
We get out, both dressed to the nines like Gina Lollabrigitta (sp) scarves wrapped around our necks and faces, huge sunglasses, and tightly fitted (not too tightly) sundresses with high heeled sandals. Of course, white gloves.
We go into the coffee bar, and I say, "My name is Elizabeth, I am a representative for the capuccino drinkers of America, my counterpart here, (nodding toward you) Ms. Christina, is from the same club in Italy.
The challenge to you my dear barista (while slowly but purposely removing my gloves) is to bring us each a cup of your very best, and I mean very best cappucino.
Can you do that?"
He nods nervously.
"do the best you can, i have told ms christina the cappucino here is tolerable. we will be waiting outside, seated next to that lovely lake i saw."
Out we flounce, to wait for the cappucino.
The nervous man brings the cappucino, puts yours down first.
You pick it up, look at it carefully, sniff it as if it is fine wine, and take a tiny sip.
The barista, is watching your every move, you look up, incline your head in a tiny nod of approval, and his breath escapes in a heavy sigh.
He looks at me, "everything alright."
i say, "it appears so, now off with you."
LOL
Old 08-20-2010, 10:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Wicked I like the cappucino story.

My name is how I've been feeling and what I've been dealing with for years and years. The Uncertainty. What was I going to find when I got home? Has he been home drinking? Will he get mad at me for asking if we're doing ____ today? Will he be kind and happy today? Will he stumble into the bedroom drunk at 3 am? Am really I a frigid nag and that's why he drinks and treats me the way he does? Is today the day he get's mad enough to hit me instead of storming out of the house?

It's still what I'm dealing with, even though I no longer live with him.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
My Jadmack is just my initials and my dear dad's name combined, which says what a boring, unimaginative lost soul I must have been when I registered here.
well, if you were then, you're anything but that now. you are such a joy to be around; i generally smile, and sometimes guffaw, when i read your delightful posts.

(and i often think the name "mad jack" - the name of a bar near me when i see yours)
Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
I just got this picture of the two of us driving up in some huge official looking car to the local coffee bar. Hmm, Lincoln Continental I think.....
Oh Beth, you are such a kick.

I have laughed (loudly!) three or four times throughout this thread. Hmm, maybe I'm just happier these days, IDK.

Since you're only oh, about a 12 hours drive from me, I just might get a wild hair up somewhere and do that one day. In the meantime, will you just be my friend?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post
"O Sole Mio":

What a wonderful thing a sunny day
The serene air after a thunderstorm
The fresh air, and a party is already going on…
What a wonderful thing a sunny day.

But another sun,
that’s brighter still
It’s my own sun
that’s in your face!
The sun, my own sun
It’s in your face!
It’s in your face!
Lovely.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Since you're only oh, about a 12 hours drive from me, I just might get a wild hair up somewhere and do that one day. In the meantime, will you just be my friend?
Oh, I would be delighted to be your friend.
And, someday, somewhere, we will find that perfect espresso!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Funny, I sometimes wonder the meaning behind screen names, great post!

I was on a bus one day, early in my Al Anon days and dealing with the dawning realization of a growing drinking issue in my home. I think it was the "Today's Reminder" portion of a reading in one of the Al Anon daily readers, that struck me. It spoke of doing positive things, and the reminder was to try and 'spin a little silk' every day, meaning do something beautiful for myself or those around me. I loved that. So I modified to silkspin, trying to remind myself to be good to me and others.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post
whenever i see yours, the acronym for "experience, strength, hope" goes through my mind, even though the letters are mixed around.

"strength, experience, serenity, hope" ?
I like that very, very much.

It is settled than. I'm sticking with sesh.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Just crushing eggs and starting fresh.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

When I was little my parents took us to the lake. Not remarkable - we lived less than a mile from Lake Michigan so we went often. This particular time though there was another family there. I remember the dad standing in the water and yelling to his daughter - "Come to Daddy Jessi, come to daddy!" It was before the divorce so I was probably 8 or 9 years old but I remember it and always thought that if I could change my name I would change it to Jessi SO when I have to pick a forum name and I want to stay anonymous I choose Jessi. I've never really thought about it before but I wonder if even then I missed my dad and wanted him to love me and want to be with me the way that little girl's dad wanted to be with her. (FTR - my dad wasn't an alcoholic but did check out after the divorce and probably even before judging by my reaction to this.)

OH! And Joy is my middle name and I like it. It makes me happy. :-)